The Cobblers vs Load o' Cobblers | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Cobblers vs Load o' Cobblers

Not a great game but a clean sheet and 3 points !.
We are now only in the drop zone by virtue of a single goal difference and we are only 2 points behind Rochdale with a game in hand.
Another win will most likely take us out of the drop zone - C’mon you tics !

Some hard games coming up and I don't expect us to dominate any but the more games the defence play the better they will be and we could sneak a point or two against opposition who underestimate us.

A quick mention for Johnston tonight who I thought had a decent game and also young Luke Robinson who was solid in place of Pearce.

It seems every time I watch we lose and when i dont i miss the odd positive result! Maybe I should stop watching every week.

Sounds from this thread it was a hard slog but it doesn't matter as long as you take the points. Need to not let this be a blip and try and build some momentum from it, although we have some hard games coming up.

Sounds like young Robinson did well and got an assist.

Wigan tried to play on the deck occasionally but the pitch was horrendous (the ball bobble waist height on a simple 10 yard pass at one point) so we ended up hoofing it and just don't have the players for that tactic.
Northampton were set up for the hoof from the off, but Tilt and Johnston particularly battled well, and we managed to limit their chances.
Both teams were poor, but I felt we could have been much better if we'd been playing on a bowling green, whereas I felt they peaked no matter what the conditions.

Wigan tried to play on the deck occasionally but the pitch was horrendous (the ball bobble waist height on a simple 10 yard pass at one point) so we ended up hoofing it and just don't have the players for that tactic.
Northampton were set up for the hoof from the off, but Tilt and Johnston particularly battled well, and we managed to limit their chances.
Both teams were poor, but I felt we could have been much better if we'd been playing on a bowling green, whereas I felt they peaked no matter what the conditions.

Not bad that three at the back though mate. :cheers:

3pts is 3pts and a clean sheet for Jones.
👍🔵⚪
Though apart from Langs finish and a couple of flashes from Darwicka that game wouldn't have looked out of place on Laithwaite Park
That 2 sides are below us on GD and we've been smacked 5-0 twice speaks volumes about how poor this league is.
Looking like 4 from 7 to go down.
A point at Swindon and a win against the wombles would have had us smiling right now 😳

👍🔵⚪
Though apart from Langs finish and a couple of flashes from Darwicka that game wouldn't have looked out of place on Laithwaite Park
That 2 sides are below us on GD and we've been smacked 5-0 twice speaks volumes about how poor this league is.
A point at Swindon and a win against the wombles would have had us smiling right now 😳

Did you get chance to watch again Hampton ? You might be the lucky talisman we've been missing.

We've just faced 4 of the weakest teams we'll see all season gaining 3 points. The next 3 could be humbling, but we know even the best teams in this league aren't anything special.

Just need to play with some more confidence and apply some pressure when they have the ball. Pitch could of helped and hindered tonight, as they rushed everything without pressure. We'll see how they do against composed opposition.

👍🔵⚪

To be fair, that pitch looked awfully bobbly. I lost count of the number of times the ball got stuck under feet, or caused a shank.

Generally, I thought we were in control though.

We've just faced 4 of the weakest teams we'll see all season gaining 3 points. The next 3 could be humbling, but we know even the best teams in this league aren't anything special.

Just need to play with some more confidence and apply some pressure when they have the ball. Pitch could of helped and hindered tonight, as they rushed everything without pressure. We'll see how they do against composed opposition.

Look at our results against some of the better teams then Vic. You can't choose to assess the results against one set of teams and transcribe the same results against other teams.

The improvement from Saturday to tonight was enormous......... but we've still got a way to go.

Yeah we've picked up some good wins, but that was with a work horse in Joesph leading the line, carrying players like Gardner and Keane with his work rate. Lang puts a shift in and won more then he should of against a player of Bolgers size. But we don't have Pearce who's been key on the counter attack. Robinson looked good and played some excellent passes high up the pitch but i'm not sure he crossed it once. He could add that with some time in the team, was better then how Pearce started the season though.

Hope Proctor is back soon, did well in the last one. Lang did well tonight, but think he'd be even better as a 10. His movement in the box is excellent, he gets on the end of crosses every game. Being central gives him that extra opportunity to attack the ball.

Yeah we've picked up some good wins, but that was with a work horse in Joesph leading the line, carrying players like Gardner and Keane with his work rate. Lang puts a shift in and won more then he should of against a player of Bolgers size. But we don't have Pearce who's been key on the counter attack. Robinson looked good and played some excellent passes high up the pitch but i'm not sure he crossed it once. He could add that with some time in the team, was better then how Pearce started the season though.

Hope Proctor is back soon, did well in the last one. Lang did well tonight, but think he'd be even better as a 10. His movement in the box is excellent, he gets on the end of crosses every game. Being central gives him that extra opportunity to attack the ball.

I agree on Lang think outwide he isn't able to get in the game enough to show his obvious goal threat but he's not physical enough to play the target man / loan striker role. Proctor doing the battling and Lang running off him is the way to go for me. Although we are probably going to be without Proctor for the next couple of games.

Didn't see that result coming so well done to Liam, and the guys massive massive result. COYL

Against the better teams you need some pace to make them think so bothOtabor and Didoo (he hates Bolton) need to start IMO
BBC need to get that pic of him wi a Bolton shirt on off our team page n'all 😡

Against the better teams you need some pace to make them think so bothOtabor and Didoo (he hates Bolton) need to start IMO
BBC need to get that pic of him wi a Bolton shirt on off our team page n'all 😡

We've seen it time and time again in recent years - football is riddled with complacency from the heavy favourites and no hoper underdogs often raise their game to create the perfect storm for upsets.

We've got some horrible games coming up so let's hope we get a couple of those.