The Cobblers vs Load o' Cobblers | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Cobblers vs Load o' Cobblers

That game was a load of cobblers, but a much needed win. Well done.

We really need to start creating more goal scoring opportunities. 2 shots on target in a match is woefully inadequate

It seems every time I watch we lose and when i dont i miss the odd positive result! Maybe I should stop watching every week.

Sounds from this thread it was a hard slog but it doesn't matter as long as you take the points. Need to not let this be a blip and try and build some momentum from it, although we have some hard games coming up.

Sounds like young Robinson did well and got an assist.

At least we looked a lot more solid at the back never looked like conceding to be fair we hardly looked like scoring either. Fell off the couch when Lang scored

The pitch was terrible, players falling over all game. Slipping, ball getting stuck in their feet. They were very direct, most players struggled to control the ball especially Keane, his was woeful.

Both of Langs goals he's spun the defender before finishing nicely. Had more to do this time but took that goal very well.

Forgot to mention Aasgaard, played really well tonight. Whilst all the other players struggled to control the ball he was tidy and creative. Much better then we've seen from Gardner recently. Robinson did solid a lwb, Darikwa defended excellently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a great game but a clean sheet and 3 points !.
We are now only in the drop zone by virtue of a single goal difference and we are only 2 points behind Rochdale with a game in hand.
Another win will most likely take us out of the drop zone - C’mon you tics !

Jones had nowt to do......but looked assured.
4 of back 5 were belting (maybe not Wooten), but special mention to young Robinson.
Merry and Ojo worked hard ........ especially Merry
Keane was OK
Joint MotM to Aasgard and Lang. Both were dangerous all night .......... shame Lang got in the way of Aasgard's shot early on.

That's it for me ........ only science in the future.

Ooh ....... and we're only still in the bottom 4 by one goal.

"Relegated" my arse.

:innocent: :whist:

;)