The Owners & CEO Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Owners & CEO Thread

Good interview. Loved it.

Put the lazy, cliched questions to bed nicely.

Although other uninformed lazy journalists will carry on tbe Fulham mantra.

"The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice, eh?"

"...the fashionably nearly-black girl ..."

FFS - this is 2019 you know.
Please don't write this stuff as I would imagine that we have all types of colours and creeds on here and the above stuff is just wrong.

Cop yourselves on to what you're writing
If you're not sure, don't write it or at least gen up beforehand

Apologies for going off topic. If you want to reply, DM me

The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice, eh?

LOL - I was more attracted to the fact that she seemed to be actually engaged in the conversation as opposed to the Stepford blondes they keep trotting out who it's quite clearly just a job for them and they're not interested at all in what's going on and/or have anything to bring to the conversation themselves.

"The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice, eh?"

"...the fashionably nearly-black girl ..."

FFS - this is 2019 you know.
Please don't write this stuff as I would imagine that we have all types of colours and creeds on here and the above stuff is just wrong.

Cop yourselves on to what you're writing
If you're not sure, don't write it or at least gen up beforehand

Apologies for going off topic. If you want to reply, DM me

Presumably much/most of that was aimed at the other guy's post but you'll have to knee jerk virtue signal elsewhere for me mate.

I've noticed SKY as still going down the 144m route despite Purslow telling them it was 127m. Lets put theoretical imaginary add ons in there to make it sound more!
Why not add the player's wages over the X amount of years contract like Doug used to!

Speaking of wages, I was wondering if the wage bill is now lower than last season, we've shifted some alleged big earners in Richards Jedi Whelan etc and replaced them with players who are younger and hungry and won't want 40k a week. If they do we won't be signing them hence the average signing being 10m.

I think I read Mings was on 13k at Bournemouth we could double that and still be less than Jedi was allegedly earning.

Bottom line is we may be a cash-rich club but we are still a newly promoted club, not some top 4 side employing money grabbers like Pogba and co.

I'm trusting Purslow know what to pay a 10m player and what to pay Jack and SJM

Speaking of wasted wages Micah Richards was on football focus last Saturday. He apologised to the Villa fans, and went on to speak very highly of the club. It’s ok Micah, I forgive you.

According to Fear, Richards wanted to play but was unlucky with injuries.

QFT (quoted for truth!)

He did, it cut him up coming to terms with the fact injuries meant he'd not play again. The way some fans wouldn't understand that is beyond me, I know from my own life how shite it is - albeit, fine, he was on good wages - when your body won't do what your head is wanting to do !

QFT (quoted for truth!)

He did, it cut him up coming to terms with the fact injuries meant he'd not play again. The way some fans wouldn't understand that is beyond me, I know from my own life how shite it is - albeit, fine, he was on good wages - when your body won't do what your head is wanting to do !
And I think it said it all for me when he was with the squad after the play off final at wembley. McGatemack not so much (although he has some demons of his own that I hope he gets help for).
Richards never came across as a chancer to me and I wish him all the best in retirement. Yes he made a lot of money, but he’s also at the end of his career at age 30. I’m wondering now whether the insistence on playing centre back was due to him knowing that his body/knee couldn’t handle the mileage of being a fullback....?

Probably not the time to say this but I think Purslow is very good at telling us what we want to hear, I bet he's never failed to get any job he's applied for.
Bit of a slimeball but he's our slimeball.
Haha yes hes a bit too politician-like for me but he seems to be doing a good job so I'll leave him be!

I think thats all part of being a CEO you need to tow the party line so to speak. You also need to have a bit about you under the veneer.
Yeah hes just a bit cheesy and a bit of a crowd pleaser, i know its his job but I'd prefer if as a football club we kept business in the back room and put the players fans and coaches to the forefront instead.