The Car Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Car Thread

I can afford to buy a premium petrol car, I can't afford a premium electric car. So unless prices dramatically reduce it will be the toffs driving around in the BMW's, Audi's etc while the rest of us have to make do.

Been wracking my brains what I could buy to 'downgrade' from my 3 series m sports, had these for years now and always enjoyed them.

But semi retired, sort of all but fully retired next year, and not driving any sort of distances in a year nowadays and I can't see that changing.

I've come up with a style icon! Road tax down from Β£475 to Β£150. Cheaper services, less petrol, tyres a lot less to replace and so on and so forth. But, having looked at all sorts of cars, not something that would lead me to think 'it is nice but nothing exciting'.

Thought of Ford Focus and Fiesta, like the new Puma but that didn't really suit needs wise. Audi A1. Volkswagon Polo, Golf wasn't really doing a great deal for me financially. Also the BMW 1 series, but although nice, it is just that, 'nice'.

Spent hours reading reviews on these, and this excellent YouTube

Seems to me, fun to drive, enough poke, enough room inside, far cheaper to run and the version I have specced out, looks the business. Also, no downgrade in quality, most reviews seemed to suggest they are head and shoulders over the other cars in the hot hatch space.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 17.53.54.png

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 17.54.10.png

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 17.54.20.png

That's a good choice. A lot of car reviewers say the Fiesta ST is the only car you'll ever need, and the Skoda Octavia VRS is a useful piece of kit, and not extortionate.

I just want an Audi E-Tron. My aims aren't too high, are they?

Fiesta's are nice. Got my dad one. The at is a nicely specced range but do think the quality and build isn't a patch on these.

Yeah, build quality is nice to have, but I think every car is excellent these days.

I'm looking at the Kuga, possibly, as my next car, and that's coming from Audi's.

I also like the Kia's.

Ooooh, there's an idea. A Kia Stinger!!!!!

Please don't refer to that BMW abomination as a mini, there is only one mini and that is not the one.
A hairdressers car anyone that buys one needs fucking with the rough end of a pineapple

That is all

Please don't refer to that BMW abomination as a mini, there is only one mini and that is not the one.
A hairdressers car anyone that buys one needs fucking with the rough end of a pineapple

That is all

I knew some twat would have to say that and if I was laying odds, I'd say it was you who would be that twat.

:Fingers::Fingers::Fingers::Fingers:

As ridiculous posts go, that tops the pineapple for sure.

I had to take my car for its MOT yesterday. In the 12 months since its last one I have done 812 miles. Β£338 ins, Β£165 road tax, Β£54 MOT plus what ever petrol I put in it. I would say that was quite an expensive 812 miles.

I had to take my car for its MOT yesterday. In the 12 months since its last one I have done 812 miles. Β£338 ins, Β£165 road tax, Β£54 MOT plus what ever petrol I put in it. I would say that was quite an expensive 812 miles.

Ouch!

Definitely one of the reasons I am trading 'down', not driving like I was a few years ago, so no point having a car the size I have right now.

Ouch!

Definitely one of the reasons I am trading 'down', not driving like I was a few years ago, so no point having a car the size I have right now.
I usually do about 5000 a year but because of lockdown it sat on the drive for most of it. Hopefully things are about to change.

I think, if I was in Fear's situation, I'd get a BRZ.

That is the trouble mate, I would LOVE to get a two seater, a coup or a sports car, the 3 series 4 door are really nice by they aren't my sort of car really. BUT I look after my parents and drive them about a fair bit, so even being single, I still have to have a family car, or now a car big enough for dad to get in the back.

It is a nightmare (well, a car nightmare, not exactly a world problem nightmare) really as I have spent loads on cars over the years that I really wouldn't be choosing myself, and during the peak of the business before retirement, I could have comfortably afforded a nice sports car!)