The Bjorn Engels Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The Bjorn Engels Thread

I thought he looked very comfortable last night, even allowing for a League Two attack.

He was composed, worked will with Mings and Guilbert and read the game comfortably. Look forward to seeing more of this lad in action.

I thought this needed bumping up. He will be a class act for us. Battle between him and Heaton to be the pick of our new signings, I think.

Really impressed with him. Looks class and very good on the ball. Him and mings have the makings of a great partnership.

Highly impressed. Has slotted in with no problem, a commanding figure. He and Mings will be huge for us. Having that strength in the centre helps the whole defence to become an effective unit.

His partnership with Mings and Heaton looks immense - if we stay up this season, these 3 will be a huge part of it.

When we bought him I was baffled because I thought konsa was going to be Da Man but he’s clearly still a work in progress.

Engels could be another Martin Laursen, but this time with knees

Another big performance from Engels. He is top notch. No kung fu clearances this time out? I'm a bit disappointed. Lol

To the tune of Star Trekking:

Bjorn Engels, he's so blood ace,
He's gonna nick the ball and leave you on your face,
Bjorn Engels, across our defence,
The ball is going forwards cause we've got Bjorn Engels,

Do-do-do-do-do-do

Bjorn....Engels!

There’s Ken McNaught, and pscho Alan evans
Who offered us protection, when we were right or wrong
Sean Teale and God Mcgrath, Olof and big Martin, you’d think that they be starting, when we come to call
But now they can chill and watch...
We’ve got Mings and Engels instead

Watching him last night i was impressed how calm he is. I can see why Dean Smith has wanted him for some time. Great partnership him and Mings.