The Bjorn Engels Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Bjorn Engels Thread

Alot of love for this sigining but does anyone actually know anything about whether he is any good ?.

That's going to be the entertaining part, we don't really know who will prove up to it and who won't. More enjoyable than watching players towards the end of their careers come over all Billy Big Bollocks and topping up the retirement fund.

I'm expecting a tough battle to stay in the greed league. Anything else will be a bonus. Whatever happens, I can see a clear plan and strategy. As far as I'm concerned, It's up to supporters to remember where we've been these last 10 years and show some patience.

We will of course always have some supporters who will call for the option of bringing in Big Sam at Christmas if we are in the bottom 3. :clown::shake:

I hadn't heard of a single Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester, Burnley player the year in which they were promoted. Still don't recognise many names. Wolves, Brighton, Newcastle, Huddersfield I knew something about but would not have picked many of their players to make the transition.

I don't think there is a lot between a good championship player and an average premier league player except they have more decent players around them. Are Eddie Howe, Chris Houghton, several Watford and Leicester managers better than Dean Smith? For me I think we have every opportunity to cement ourselves in the PL for a long period to come.

I think the difference now to then (signings if Amaavi, Veretout, Gana etc... )is nothing to do with ability.

You could see that every player we bought last time had quality, but what they also had, was a manager who made it abundantly clear he didn't want them. A manager who made it abudantly clear they were not welcome - and then expected them to give 100%.

I dont know hiw this will turn out, but the circumstances are the polar opposite

All the players we've signed so far can speak good English; makes a difference. Engels looks a good signing to me. Whether he's better than Hause or Konsa time will tell.

Only thing is that both Engels and Mings have injury history. But we have enough cover.

I think the difference now to then (signings if Amaavi, Veretout, Gana etc... )is nothing to do with ability.

You could see that every player we bought last time had quality, but what they also had, was a manager who made it abundantly clear he didn't want them. A manager who made it abudantly clear they were not welcome - and then expected them to give 100%.

I dont know hiw this will turn out, but the circumstances are the polar opposite

I dont think it hekped that they also had a manager with very limited tactical ability, some of his in-game decisions were head scratchers.

Very good point. All those players came into a club on the decline with a manager that wanted nothing to do with them and a load of billy big bollocks like Gabby, lescott and Richards thinking they ran the place. I saw am interview with veretout from a little while ago where he claimed that Sherwood basically refused to talk to him.

These lads are coming into manager that wants them and a squad that I believe will welcome them. The likes of Jack, SJM and Mings will he hopefully welcoming then into the squad wether they're from Southampton or Brazil.

Well if thats true about Sherwood thats shocking they may not have been his choices but surely he could have worked with them no wonder he's never got another job he would have lumbered us with Adebayor

Veretout? A load of those signings couldn't speak English. Veretout included. He said he couldn't follow what Sherwood was saying.
Nor could I TBF. And I lived in Landan for 20 yrs.

This is now, we have a totally different set up, supportive owners, a good management team and a feel good factor. You cannot underestimate a positive working environment.

Yes it was interesting to note that both Smith and O'Kelly said Jota was premiership quality and they couldn't believe a Premier League team didn't come in for him. He could be the stand out buy for us when you think we basically swapped him for Gary Gardner.
Stevie Wonder could have done the scouting for us on that swap deal... Even if Jota turns out to be bang-average and a bit-part player we still got the better end of the deal....
:wahey::wahey::utv::utv:

I'm expecting a tough battle to stay in the greed league. Anything else will be a bonus. Whatever happens, I can see a clear plan and strategy. As far as I'm concerned, It's up to supporters to remember where we've been these last 10 years and show some patience.

I think we're absolutely blessed to promoted to the EPL this season because Brighton made a brave but potentially suicidal call to sack Hughton and Newcastle have set the bar at 17th or better.

I fear for Bruce and want him to do succeed but if its us or him its I am sorry to say I hope the Geordies are kind and go for Mike Ashley. Brucie is unfortunately predictable and will set out to not lose games and get destroyed in the process, at least 'his hands were tied'. Potter couldnt get Swansea playing so I don't see how he'll turn Brighton around with their best CB gone. I honestly feel like thats an appointment made with an eye on relegation.

Jesus I mean they've signed three players combined between them, pre-season has started and theres 3 weeks to go until the first game of the season. We are blessed.