The Bjorn Engels Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Bjorn Engels Thread

Read on Twitter earlier (so obvs must be true since its on the internet!) that he spoke out at training a few ago that he was being unfairly criticised and blamed the formation/ tactics and has been banished since.

No idea what's happened here but for a fella who looked a bargain during a dozen games to then have a bad one and not be seen since, sure is odd.

Wonder if he had the same illness that kodjia had that kept him out last week but miraculously cleared up to sign for the Qatar club?

Yes , Sir Den, I've never been one to sit in a meeting and not speak then come outside and moan. In my 45 years at work I've got on really well with about 4 of my managers, who thought the world of me, the rest couldn't move me on quick enough.;)

Mirror story of my working life as well my friend :grinning:

Some senior managers I'd walk through a brick wall for and some I'd let them know I'm not in the least impressed.

A bit like how a professional football manager is and how players respond or not?

Mirror story of my working life as well my friend :grinning:

Some senior managers I'd walk through a brick wall for and some I'd let them know I'm not in the least impressed.

A bit like how a professional football manager is and how players respond or not?

As they say, you can't do too much for a good manager and you can't do enough for a bad un .

Read on Twitter earlier (so obvs must be true since its on the internet!) that he spoke out at training a few ago that he was being unfairly criticised and blamed the formation/ tactics and has been banished since.

Foreigners always say funny things. Remember Manuel from Faulty Towers?

I suspect it’s likely to do with the formation we’re currently playing. The others have all played in a back 3/5 but he’s not really done it before.

Can’t verify that, but i imagine it’s a factor. He does seem like the best option on the Right side, but he does lacks the pace Konsa offers. He’s still our 2nd best CB in a 4 though.

I suspect it’s likely to do with the formation we’re currently playing. The others have all played in a back 3/5 but he’s not really done it before.

Can’t verify that, but i imagine it’s a factor. He does seem like the best option on the Right side, but he does lacks the pace Konsa offers. He’s still our 2nd best CB in a 4 though.

Doesn't explain why Chester is ahead of him on the bench as he is slower than a three toe sloth and can't play out from the back as we've seen last season