The Bjorn Engels Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Bjorn Engels Thread

Welcome Bjorn. I can see him and Mings getting on the end of a fair few hourihane set play's. His English is excellent as well.

Welcome Mr. Engels. I see his own song is shaping up nicely on Twitter...

"And through it aaaaaallll, he offers us protection....
A lot blocks and deflections.....

Whether with Mings or Hause,
and down at Villa Paaaaark,
He's the one that makes me,
He's the one that takes me
He leads our club out of the dark

We won't mistake him
We're loving Engels instead.....SOOOOO SALLY CAN WAIT, SHE KNOWS............

Or.....

And when our Engels flies who-oh,wo,oh
He sets us on fire baby.

Bit of Wet Wet Wet there !!!

Or

There must be an Engel, playing at Villa Park (Eurythmics).

I can do these all night.......

Depends on his number this one....... and if he wears a 2, you know it's Bjorn again.

Its the way i tell em

Last edited:
Alot of love for this sigining but does anyone actually know anything about whether he is any good ?.

He was linked with a move to Brentford when Smith was there and has been linked to Everton in the past. Maybe because his wife is from Liverpool.

So someone known to Dean for 18 months.
To answer your question no I doubt any of us know but in Deano we have to trust.

He was linked with a move to Brentford when Smith was there and has been linked to Everton in the past. Maybe because his wife is from Liverpool.

So someone known to Dean for 18 months.
To answer your question no I doubt any of us know but in Deano we have to trust.

Yes . We have to trust them .

Keep having wobbles and feeling that our signings are similar to the summer when we signed other people I had never heard of Veretout, Gana, Ayew, Traore......and that went well .....gulp.

Although to be fair I checked and actually Gana and Veretout turned out pretty decent.

But we can't wait for these players to be decent elsewhere we need them now. Their lack of premier league experience concerns me . Not being negative but I am concerned with our business so far. Hope they know what they are doing .

Yes . We have to trust them .

Keep having wobbles and feeling that our signings are similar to the summer when we signed other people I had never heard of Veretout, Gana, Ayew, Traore......and that went well .....gulp.

Although to be fair I checked and actually Gana and Veretout turned out pretty decent.

But we can't wait for these players to be decent elsewhere we need them now. Their lack of premier league experience concerns me . Not being negative but I am concerned with our business so far. Hope they know what they are doing .

I think the difference is that Smith and O'Kelly either have had them before or have tracked them before and will have the final say.
I think before when we did this it was more scattergun.
We needed 4 centre backs we've now got them, it all seems very logical to me because my mind said with the exception of the two Supers we never had any players who were good enough.
I still expect a new Keeper midfielder and striker to come in yet. I expect most of the players who couldn't get a game last season to move on.

To me, it's all very exciting and worrying at the same time but I think we have one thing other clubs don't have Super Jack, I really think he'll shine with the likes of Jota and Douglas around him sharing the burden, knowing he has others he can give the ball to and they won't lose it.
I'm waffling now I'm so excited

I think the difference is that Smith and O'Kelly either have had them before or have tracked them before and will have the final say.
I think before when we did this it was more scattergun.
We needed 4 centre backs we've now got them, it all seems very logical to me because my mind said with the exception of the two Supers we never had any players who were good enough.
I still expect a new Keeper midfielder and striker to come in yet. I expect most of the players who couldn't get a game last season to move on.

To me, it's all very exciting and worrying at the same time but I think we have one thing other clubs don't have Super Jack, I really think he'll shine with the likes of Jota and Douglas around him sharing the burden, knowing he has others he can give the ball to and they won't lose it.
I'm waffling now I'm so excited

Yes it was interesting to note that both Smith and O'Kelly said Jota was premiership quality and they couldn't believe a Premier League team didn't come in for him. He could be the stand out buy for us when you think we basically swapped him for Gary Gardner.

My only worry with statements like that is that neither Smith nor O'Kelly have worked in the Premiership, so how would they know?

Obviously they watch games same as the rest of us, but I get the impression you don't really appreciate the step up in quality until you've lived it.

My only worry with statements like that is that neither Smith nor O'Kelly have worked in the Premiership, so how would they know?

Obviously they watch games same as the rest of us, but I get the impression you don't really appreciate the step up in quality until you've lived it.

I think they have seen enough football over the years to know whats what.

Sure Deano will make mistakes , but even Pep does so there will be no shame in it.

Anyway on the point MD was making I would be putting most of our signings in the Benteke category in the sense that he was unproven but had the potential to be a success , whereas the likes of Helenius and Tonev had no pedigree at all..