The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt

The kit is the least of a long list of problems and won't have any impact on how we play or what players have to be sold or whether we have a manager that can turn a sows ear into a silk purse.

If the kit doesnt look good I wont enjoy the football, you're being insensitive!

:throw:

We experimented with jerseys until at the the start of the Football league when we settled for the Claret shirt and light blue sleeves. We then played in blue sleeves for the next 90 years. We have played the last 16 years in blue sleeves. Surely this makes this a traditional Villa shirt well known throughout the football world of which we should be proud.

There is plenty of scope for modifying whilst keeping the blue sleeves.

However if the traditional shirt is going to be finished I think the fans should have a say on this.

I'm probably going to buy the away one. I quite like how the claret and white looks. Even though I like how both have been designed I'm not sure about the home shirt having 2 shades of claret.

Seems the vast majority like the shirts, so fair play to Luke Roper. Seeing them up close in that video they look even better.

Haven't bought shirts in a few seasons, but these are too unique and well done to pass on.

The more I look at the kit the more beautiful it becomes.

It's the exact opposite of my wife!!!

You better hope nobody on here has Mrs Deano’s Contact info mate. Otherwise your dinner will be in the dog and a couple of suitcases on the lawn tonight!

:wave::wave:

We experimented with jerseys until at the the start of the Football league when we settled for the Claret shirt and light blue sleeves. We then played in blue sleeves for the next 90 years. We have played the last 16 years in blue sleeves. Surely this makes this a traditional Villa shirt well known throughout the football world of which we should be proud.

There is plenty of scope for modifying whilst keeping the blue sleeves.

However if the traditional shirt is going to be finished I think the fans should have a say on this.

The good news for those that don’t like it, is we’ll all be sitting here in 11 months time wondering what the new shirt will look like.
From the club’s perspective, I see why they do this once in a while. The traditional design, which is the best shirt in world football, won’t sell as well if it just keeps getting fine tuned each year. There’s only so many ways to skin a cat, so to speak. You can change the collar, add some light pinstriping and the angle of how the sleeves meet the body (see Arsenal’s new kit on how NOT to do that) but other than that, it’s hard to really create something that people say “I’ll be getting that one!”
So the club/kit people will have created this with the thought that this is something very different that people will buy, almost as a collectible. It’s a bit like the ‘57 Cup final shirt or the ‘94 ASICS model. Those shirts are unique and lots of people buy them.