The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Aston Villa Kit Thread 2018 - Luke Roper Shirt

They both look fine to me. I actually like them both but to be honest I've never really been one to fret too much about shirt design unlike one or two posters in the thread who are seemingly close to self combusting....how they perform whilst wearing the bloody things is of more concern to me!

I like the Vee neck as all my chins will fit through it and my sexy chest hair will poke out of the top .
I'm pretty sure I'm going to look fabulous in it :cool:

I think they should do an “Over 40” range of replica kits. A little looser in the girth, larger badge and logo to hide the moobs, more distinct vertical stripes to provide that “slimming effect” and shorts in sky blue or any colour other than white (no man over 40 should ever wear white shorts).
You know it would sell - all they’d need to do is advertise on VV and sales would be through the roof!

I think they should do an “Over 40” range of replica kits. A little looser in the girth, larger badge and logo to hide the moobs, more distinct vertical stripes to provide that “slimming effect” and shorts in sky blue or any colour other than white (no man over 40 should ever wear white shorts).
You know it would sell - all they’d need to do is advertise on VV and sales would be through the roof!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apalling Two shades of claret and no blue sleeves. Just a shirt to where on holiday where no one will no which team it is.
GT changed Ellis’shirts saying if we can’t play Like the Villa at Least we can look like them. Imagine Aresenl in red sleeves their fans wouldn’t wear them. West Ham and Burnley wear our famous jersey now.
After the awful start to the 69-70 season in claret sleeves vic Crowe changed to traditional kit and we nearly stayed up.
We should be going to these grounds saying “ we are Aston Villa”.
For Villa’s sake ......: Change the sleeves

I'm sorry but this kit is horrendous. Like Ive said to fellow fans, sports manufacturers make kits, NOT high street smart casual brands. I like some Luke Clothing, but for sport this is complete and utter Mickey Mouse and looks terrible. Now we have a shit kit to go with our dinosaur manager, our disgrace of a chairman and we'll be lucky to have any players to wear it.........probably shit ones

I'm sorry but this kit is horrendous. Like Ive said to fellow fans, sports manufacturers make kits, NOT high street smart casual brands. I like some Luke Clothing, but for sport this is complete and utter Mickey Mouse and looks terrible. Now we have a shit kit to go with our dinosaur manager, our disgrace of a chairman and we'll be lucky to have any players to wear it.........probably shit ones

Apart from that though mate, the takeover and all that is going ok?

:cry:

Apalling Two shades of claret and no blue sleeves. Just a shirt to where on holiday where no one will no which team it is.
GT changed Ellis’shirts saying if we can’t play Like the Villa at Least we can look like them. Imagine Aresenl in red sleeves their fans wouldn’t wear them. West Ham and Burnley wear our famous jersey now.
After the awful start to the 69-70 season in claret sleeves vic Crowe changed to traditional kit and we nearly stayed up.
We should be going to these grounds saying “ we are Aston Villa”.
For Villa’s sake ......: Change the sleeves

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Got to be honest, people have said I am over-exaggerating, but I am absolutely fathomed on how an Aston Villa fan can't see this.

Perfect reference to GT - says everything, and as I said yesterday - IDENTITY !!!

View attachment 27864Burnley morph into the old Aston Villa

Look at the years and years of shit their fans had to put up with and now they are a shining example of good management and what we must aspire to.

Haven't checked, but I think it took over 30 years for this founding member of the football league to return to the top flight status it held whilst we we in Division 3.

Yes HL, despite our shirt not being a complete disaster, I would prefer their design if given a choice (although the blue is too bright). Much more worried about bigger issues though and the training tops are still "pathetic".:wave:

Last edited:
Of course we need a third kit! Because there are loads of Championship teams who play in combinations of claret and white, so we'll definitely need something else.