The All New TV Thread | Page 220 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Started watching a bit of the Man City series All or Nothing out of boredom.

Seems the most pointless thing ever. The "sad" moments including sad music and all consists of the odd injury, and going a goal down to a team that they beat comfortably in the end anyway.

And they celebrated beating Southampton at home during mid-season twice as hard as we did when we stayed up.

The only interesting part is one of the staff who does the boots or whatever, he's a bit "mad fer it!"

The Undoing with Hugh Grant and Nicole Kidman on Sky Atlantic was decent.

:grinning:

Agree though, thought Hugh played it well, not his usual sort of role, I saved them up and binge watched all but the last one, then caught the last one last night.

We started season 5 of Line of Duty last night. I was on the fence about the first season. I thought it was a bit too grim. It's an excellent series though.

Goliath.

If you can get past the first episode of Billy Bob Thornton being Billy Bob Thornton (smoking, drinking, swearing and fucking) then it's actually pretty decent and his character does develop beyond that.

Yes, enjoyed Goliath, quite gritty isn't it?

Same as the other one I watched at the same time Bosch, got a certain grainy/gritty style to it, that you either love or hate I think.

Sci Fi epic on Sky Atlantic, directed by Ridley Scott.

Raised By Wolves.

On the second episode (you can download them all)... very good.

The Story Of The Beastie Boys - Apple TV. Feature length, but not really a film, so putting in here. If you liked them, it is great, the two surviving members - they are no longer a band without their bandmate Adam, talking through their story. Great hour and a half.

You finish the series on that, or meant you got bored 4/5 in? Thought 1st ep was dire until it warmed up, so was quite excited moving forward.

Good Lord Bird lasted all of 20 minutes.

Prodigal Son had a great twist at the end I thought, albeit not entirely unexpected.

LA's Finest was decent and a good nod to the films I thought.

Brave New World needs a wonderful start to the second series or that's getting binned off.

The Fix was reasonable enough even if the twist at the end was sort of expected and couldn't be anything else.

Thought Undoing was promising, but I ended up completely zoning out in Ep 2.

For Life is bloody decent as well.

ps - heads up for anyone watching Warrior - double Ep tomorrow so make sure it doesn't clash. Tin Star is a double Ep start as well.