The All New TV Thread | Page 145 | Vital Football

The All New TV Thread

Started watching "Barry".

I like Bill Hader a lot, so when I found out he has his own HBO show, I had to check it out. I guess dark comedy would describe it.

He plays a hitman that travels to LA to perform a hit, and finds himself joining a local acting class.

4 episodes so far, interesting and a bit different.

Starts on Sky Atlantic this week SJH, so will give it a go.

Watched the 3 parter Come Home .. Christopher Ecclestone. It was ok, I suppose, I thought something a bit more might happen!

Started The City - The City the other day, not sure I'll contiue, don't really get what the hell it's meant to be about, set in Germany but with Scouse, London etc accents. Anyone else seen it?

I have something to confess. Its wrong but i can't help it.

The Keith and Paddy picture show on itv makes me laugh.

There i have said it.

Based on....but a completely fresh take I think. Been a while since I last watched the film but in many ways I think they shouldn't have linked title as first episode left me disappointed with my memory of what I expected.

Not as well carried off when you compare Lethal Weapon and that series - a much better tie in with characters/old references etc.

As a stand alone though it does the job for me.

99 - classic!

The usual hour of confusement as the new series of Westworld started last night

It's not a programme you can have half an eye on looking at the internet on you phone at the same time. Requires full on attention, otherwise you have to do what I did last night and keep having to rewind it a couple of minutes.

The Newsroom - not sure why but I'm enjoying it!

yes, was surprised it wasn't more of a hit. Very decent.

My programmes are stacking up a bit, too many hours working to have watched much. Caught up on Bear Grylls The Island last night.

Just watching Fear The Walking Dead, not paying it a massive amount of attention though!

I'm not sure where they could've taken it next, but compared to some stuff that gets an extra series to flop, that deserved it. Especially modern climate I could see a reason to bring it back - granted it would give only voice to current affairs.

Anyone else have to go online and read the reviews after each episode of Westworld to work out what the hell is going on!..?

:wack: