The All New Takeover Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

Are there actually any rumours about Red Bull or is that just something people on here have invented.

When Randy was looking to sell everyone got their knickers in a twist about red bull for weeks and it was based on absolutely nothing

Red Bull have been linked before, it's a wish of some and then it becomes a fact they have looked. I think because Houllier was working for them the rumour grew.

Fact remains, as much as there are interested parties, there needs to be a sensibly interested in selling owner.

It might be things get worse before they get better.

When Xia bought the club, I seem to remember the other major candidate was American. Any idea if that was a serious proposition? I thought it was being taken seriously.

Why the expense when the weather here is fine

Really ?, C'mon!. Sorry that's a moan for the sake of it.

They haven't just booked it !!!! .
It would be planned months ago. I doubt they would have known what the weather was going to be like for a 3 week window in june and july when they were planning a trip for a top level pro club and all that entails with kit, equipment, sports science equipment about 40 odd people etc. It's not like booking a last minute fortnight in Shagaluf.
They would hardly cancel it just because the weather turned out decent in England.

Even my local club Oxford Utd have gone abroad. It's what pro clubs do.

I'm all for a moan at things going on but I can't find this a moaning opportunity.

It’s not moaning but if the cancellation fee was less than the cost of continuing it then with our cash situation every penny counts.

Cancelling it would mean we really are spiralling towards disaster. Besides, it will still be hotter in Portugal than here, a lot. Bruce uses this training camp to sweat off the pounds they've put on over the break. I'm sure the players would prefer sitting with their feet up at Bodymoor.

Wyness and Round gone
Do we know why in the light that all the coaches are stil here arn’t they

Recent reports had suggested that former Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth owner Milan Mandaric was interested in buying Aston Villa. It was suggested the club fixer had turned his attentions to us after his couple of years out of the game and would naturally be confident of righting our financial wrongs as he's done to reasonable effect at previous clubs - he left both Sheffield Wednesday and Portsmouth in a better state than he found them, but whether you find parity in that belief amongst their fanbases itself I'd be surprised.
https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co...h-owner-not-interested-in-buying-aston-villa/