The All New Takeover Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

God only knows, I can only think it's based on Xia wanting a number of small investors rather than one so there's some inflation in there. One party buying at that price is ridiculous as Xia paid 85mish when you take out the promotion agreements and ratchets .

Yes I though about more than one investor after I posted .

It could get messy then if they want to go in different directions.

Well, Arsenal are doing OK (sort of). There's the American bod who has a majority stake, the Russian bod he doesn't get on with with a minority stake, and maybe one or two others. It's the board which takes decisions, so it depends on who has seats on the board. Didn't Doug gradually take over by buying other investors out?

Consortia owning football clubs is quite common.

Fair few blow ups at Arsenal from what I've glanced across. Blackpool another example.

In our position though if Xia remained as majority, he's in a weak position which invites a challenge and minority investors could use future cash flow issues against him, which impacts us - that's my fear.

I'd worry about the sanity of anyone who would go into business with this goon. I'm also worried about who he'd sell us to if he's desperate. I'm also worried about him staying in sole charge. Basically I'm a bit worried.

They reckon one of the buyers is the same lot that approached in 2016
trying to remember who else was in at the time, wasnt one bunch led by Tony Adams?

I don't think you're alone in worry JW - I'm trying to not see worst case in everything at the mo - hence seeing worst case in multi ownership now lol

I said from the start of last week. I reckon this Euro group are Red Bull and if, as above, it is suggested its a group that looked at us last time, that backs it up. Maybe thats why Xia didnt accept. Maybe he doesnt want to own Red Bull Bham. However, if a 51/549 to Xia could be reached meaning that was safeguarded, they could be the answer

Red Bull is absolute pie in the sky.
No way would they go into a partnership with Dr X.
If they wanted us it would be outright . No way will they want a championship club

What the Mail are claiming is that:
a) there's the European group who have been rejected. No reason why.
b) there are two other leading contenders.
c) there are two further contenders; the American group and the group interested in 2016.

Firstly, do not buy the evening mail or read Birmingham Live unless you want to know who's going to prison.
Secondly, I have put 2 and 2 together and from the shares available does that value us at £140 million , I am very confused.

Why. That is what they do. Werent Leipzig in the 4th division ?

Close - Purchased in 2009 in the 5th division, and after finishing 2nd in the Bundesliga this year are in the Champions League after 8 seasons... As long as they didn't insist on changing the name/kit/villa park I'd be fine with it

Red Bull were never interested in the first place , so that rules them out.

From memory the group interested in 2016 were American , all other interested parties were Chinese ( it may be in the FSG minutes)

There were no names mentioned then.