The All New Takeover Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The All New Takeover Thread

It appears that whether the club is sold, or not, we as fans can look forward to the next decade playing lower league football, so I wouldn't get taking the michael out of Sunderland or their fans yet awhile.
This club started going wrong, when Sir Ron Saunders was forced to walk. When a club is on top is the best time to invest, to keep improving to stay on top. That was always Ellis' problem, no vision.

Someone paid 50m for Sunderland so anything is possible.

Of course, you never know. But sensible money doesn't get spent this way. I buy a lottery ticket, odds are ridicolous, but anything can happen.

Minority investment of say £40m with no say? Madness.

Over £100m to Xia to get his money back when the club needs a minimum of £100m pumped in (and more ideally) ?

As you say, naturally, it might just take the fancy of someone with more money than sense. We've never had that much luck in the past and it's been available enough though.

He wouldn't bloody tell me! I wasn't going to post because it was so flimsy. My thought was that the short term financing has been resolved.

Might have been, my info was we could trundle along until September ish at the moment.

Great innit!

And that info is well sourced but could be totally wrong!

I was using Sunderland as an example. It would seem that wages have been our biggest burden so if we can cut that to a sustainable level you are still looking at a club with fantastic infrastructure and an average of 33000 fans turning up through a season, not all gloom and doom.

People don't put money into football clubs to make money. Not unless they're stupid. But people do put money into football clubs, for other reasons. Let's hope so.

Must confess I don't think there's anything in this latest bit of news; it seems like some technicality.

Never wanted to be more wrong in my life but ITYS. As I said many months ago, we'd have been better off with Malcolm X. Armitage Shanks should buy the club. At least, we'd have a pot........(you fill in the rest)

interesting the latest thing on Company House. Around 57m shares have been added to the existing 85m odd, making 142m total. In other words, the previous total has been increased by 2/3, making 5/3 of the previous total.

The reason for creating shares is usually when capital is added to the company; whoever is putting in the capital buys the shares. This would suggest that somebody is looking to buy 40% of Villa. (They could buy some of Xia's shares as well, to have a larger stake).

The shares are nominally £1 each, for a total injection of £57m. Wow! However, the shares aren't necessarily bought at that price, so it could be lower.

This suggests to me that a deal is close. Unless everybody is thinking about a 40% stake. Don't think such a specific number of shares would have been created unless the size of the stake had been agreed on.

It does suggest doesn't it, but equally you can create shares before there's an interest either I believe, so it's still not nailed on as hope.

Unless Dr Who is selling some of his shares so he can get some Xmas presents for the family this year.