The Alan Hutton Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Alan Hutton Thread

Why are we suddenly getting sentimental about a player no one wanted here a few years ago. No one wanted to buy him from the shed and is 34.

Yes he is loyal and has the right attitude etc however the FFP says we can't sign in so what is the point in a petition for Christ sake

My answer is thank you for your service and goodbye at the end of the season.

He will be 34 next season and plying his trade at mk dons , effort fantastic and all that but he couldn't lace john gidman boots .

McParlandTheGreat - 4/2/2018 19:12

What is getting quite a few of us is that Hutts is given a firm No whereas Gabby is "we'll see at the end of the season". FFS

I am hoping that's just to stop him creating hassle if he thinks he isnt getting another payday. He will be out of contract and no longer able to create hassle by the time he realises that he has been conned. Least that's what I am hoping. I hadn't heard this. I just thought he would slowly die away never to be heard of again (I bloody hope)

The timing isn't unusual at all I don't think.

Players can start discussing with other clubs when they get into the last 6 months of their contract, and sign pre-contract agreements, so I think it must be fairly normal practice to let them know at that stage if they have a future at their current club.

I've always liked Hutton. Even when he was the scapegoat over a very long period. Amazing how many fans now want him to stay when he was a figure of hate for so long.

I think on his performances alone he deserves a deal, but when you break it down in reality, if we don't go up we need to cut our cloth accordingly and start playing the likes of Bree.

If we do go up, it depends on how serious Dr Tone is on reinvesting. If he's really going to give it a good go then maybe we need to be shopping in Harrods and Hutton's time is over anyway.... however I suspect we wont be splashing millons even if we go up, so in that scenario keeping Hutton is common sense.

Pre contracts can only be signed 'abroad' not within the same country. That doesn't mean agents don't do what agent's do though.

I don't get this. Good man management is needed . Tell him if he helps get us up he's gets a 1 year extension . He would be decent cover from the bench in the Greed League

Silhillvilla - 4/2/2018 22:46

I don't get this. Good man management is needed . Tell him if he helps get us up he's gets a 1 year extension . He would be decent cover from the bench in the Greed League

Yeah, that's basically what I said on the front page. He could cover both RB & LB.

:14:

It's a no brainer Pride .
And if we don't go up I would allow him to move on to the next chapter of his life .
I still think a stage musical - Alan Hutton - Full back / Legend , would fly in the West End .

With Alan Hutton being one of a few players out of contract this summer, it's fair to say reaction to his potential departure has been mixed.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524244">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Those quotes are suggesting that maybe it isn't a no. Just that they can't look at any contracts now. So then it would be up to Alan, does he want to hope (in the hope) or get on with finding a new club.

ASPINALL - 11/2/2018 17:25

How can you not give him a contact ?

Ridiculous

I totally agree, after spending a number of years thinking he is shite.

However, the club are not in a position to offer him a deal due to FFP according to Keith Wyness (I think it was him, may have been Bruce). Depends massively on what division we are in next season.

I would love us to keep him on for another year, but if the financials don't allow it, good luck to him - he will do a job at this level for someone next year (Boro? Leeds?).

If we go up, I would trust Bruce to at least offer him a new deal - SB seems like a decent sort who is unlikely to shit on someone who has played a big part in our revival. But maybe I'm just an old romantic?!

I just think he’s earnt one - sort of sends out the right message if he gets one imo.

We have enough wasters taking the piss, Hutton has never let us down and you could question ability at times but continues to work his balls off.

Quality again today

And was thumping the badge on his shirt like a mad man in front of the holte after one of the goals

I really hope it works out that we can offer him a new contract, I would be gutted if he leaves at the end of this season. He clearly shows huge passion for the club.

And if he does have to leave, Millwall away is Scottish Cafu day, he'll get a great send-off.