The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread

Corbeanu makes CJ look rather pathetic. I believe this will be a top loan signing. He appears to be as fit as a butchers dog. I like him already. We need to off load a few too. :clown:

In SS we trust and UTMP.
This lad can take a ball turn and run forward - CJ always needed a ball in front of him - so looking good as good as highlight reels look :yes:

Blackpool boss Michael Appleton wants to sign old favourite Morgan Rogers from Manchester City.

The pair worked together when Appleton was manager at Lincoln and left winger Rogers on loan in their League One campaign together.

Rogers may be keen to play for Appleton again at Chanpionship level and the clubs are working on a loan or even a bargain buy.

Blackpool are currently busy in the market with moves for forward Theo Corbeanu and midfield general Cameron Brannagan, a long term target at Oxford.

I know some will moan about another loan but we need to be realistic what budgets we are up against so using the loan market is a necessity and I think we have used it well so far.

I know some will moan about another loan but we need to be realistic what budgets we are up against so using the loan market is a necessity and I think we have used it well so far.[/QUOTE

Agreed...3 quality additions and room for two more loanees...I think 3 is about right unless incredible talents becomes available to us.

Love the video of him tonight when asked you want to play Championship football don't you?
Yes he says and why can't I do that here, my ambition is to get this Club out of this division.

He signed for them in 2018
Their finishes have been

2019 12th
2020 4th
2021 6th
2022 8th

Going backwards.

We’re after the right players, can’t help but wonder if the club is just hitting a ceiling in terms of the talent we can attract.

Things like the training ground, whilst I know plans are afoot; reality is if you’re signing a 2-3 year contract now you’re seeing that out in porter cabins. Going to be hard to compete for ready made Championship-level talent against any other clubs when that’s what we’re working with. That’s why the infrastructure has to be the priority for us.

Love the video of him tonight when asked you want to play Championship football don't you?
Yes he says and why can't I do that here, my ambition is to get this Club out of this division.

He signed for them in 2018
Their finishes have been

2019 12th
2020 4th
2021 6th
2022 8th

Going backwards.

Why are we so bothered about these average players that won't make the step up or think we're too small for them. This club will be here when they've faded away. They're no good to us or worth considering any more.

Last edited:
We’re after the right players, can’t help but wonder if the club is just hitting a ceiling in terms of the talent we can attract.

Things like the training ground, whilst I know plans are afoot; reality is if you’re signing a 2-3 year contract now you’re seeing that out in porter cabins. Going to be hard to compete for ready made Championship-level talent against any other clubs when that’s what we’re working with. That’s why the infrastructure has to be the priority for us.

Definitely not hitting the ceiling with the players we can attract. We have already signed 3 decent players, haven't we ? Infrastructure is a must agreed, but the question is, which division do some want to play at ? Assuming your referring to Brannigan ? Simms is different, he obviously thinks we're not big enough for him and thinks he's too good for us, I beg to differ, nothing special at all.

I can't say that whenever we played them that Brannigan stuck out as a player I noticed.
He's made his bed, obviously comfy living down there and if anything a bit of loyalty to a club is refreshing.
I can't see however them being anywhere near the mixer for playoffs / promotion. Too many big teams in that league now.
As I've said previously he is a big fish in a rather small Oxford pond.
It came and went out if the blue yesterday and it joins the annuls of Austin, Beckett et al.

We have some £, confident we will spend it.

On to tomorrow COYP

The final word on Brannigan comes from MA:

But clearly he must have been offered an incredible contract to stay and play at that level, where the lure of the Championship wasn’t enough to prise him away from a football club I know all too well.”
He added: “The biggest thing for me is that you want players who want to come and play for the football club.
“This is a fantastic football club and I’m aware of that. It’s got an unbelievable and incredibly well-supported group of fans.
“They don’t want to see a footballer coming to this club and not want to play for the club, end of story.
“If we’re going to sign a player that’s going to improve us, we need to make sure we bring in the players who are going to fight for the shirt and give it every single week on the pitch.”