The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread | Vital Football

The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Post all the rumours, gossip and sometimes even the facts in this thread👍

Blackpool are ready to battle fellow Championship side Cardiff City for Forest Green Rovers midfielder Ebou Adams this summer, it has been claimed.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was mentioned in January as well if I recall. Seems like he could be a good addition, backup/competition for Dougall.

I’d still like a more creative/box to box midfielder (like Brannagan) as well, who can rotate and compete with Carey.

Luke Molyneux 24 yr old midfielder from Hartlepool.
53 games 12 goals 1 yellow this season.
Rumour certainly fits the developing players criteria.

Can't we aim a little higher than a Hartlepool player?

Generally the case with us. All this developing and coaching thing is going a bit too far imho and it all takes time. Building a team is one thing, recruiting someone for the sake of it is another. Probably another Owen Dale.

Chelsea plan to give Dujon Sterling a chance to impress in pre-season, having knocked back interest from Blackpool and others about signing him for now.

Blackpool have made an offer for Forest Green Rovers ace Ebou Adams, as reported by Lancashire Live.
Blackpool are hoping to win the race to sign the League Two promotion winner this summer.

So, we're going to spend serious dosh on an attacking midfielder who has only scored 9 goals in 119 appearances for a League Two club. Really?

Dan Grimshaw being linked with Luton by Alan Nixon. That would surely take a pretty penny to get him, although presumably he's only got a year left on his contract now?

What's the summary of the rumours going around the ground yesterday then?

- Anderson off (why?)
- Bowler done deal to Fulham?

Luton looking for an emergency loan keeper for the play offs.
Amazing really when you consider they smashed 3 past him at Bloomers.
Also gives an insight in go how other clubs are viewing our players - especially when you consider Maxwells keeping him out of the starting line up.

Anderson moves on to the 1yr option part of his contract but has told the club that he wants to move back South.

Not heard Fulham specifically for Bowler but they have just sold their youngster to Liverpool for £5m and will have probably got Bowler for £3m. He had 2 good games v them.

Last edited:
Charlton Athletic boss Johnnie Jackson has said the Addicks are waiting on Blackpool to decide if they want to sign loan winger Charlie Kirk permanently when his temporary spell at Bloomfield Road comes to an end.

He’s not looked out of place, and I do think Critch will pay for him.

I don’t think I would though, he’s just not a step up on any of our other options and if we’re spending money that’s what we need to be aiming for.

Yates will be sold I think that's a given.
I would love us to get Simms but I just can't see it.
Critch will have made his mind up on those being retained and I think when we see the list, which should be out within 5 days of the season ending? It will give us an idea of where the spaces in the squad are.
Midfield is the priority then it's a toss up on whether the likes of Keogh / Kirk are kept on.

We need experience hence Keogh and we need more like him, although nots so old. Critch won't be able to keep them all happy despite the lovey dovey reports. Somethings got to give way, it always does. Having said that , if they want to move on , then let go. This club will be here when players like Charlie Adam have hung up their boots. No disrespect, but this club is bigger than any player past or present.

Last edited:
Keogh and Jones from Utd then?

I worry that Critch maybe too loyal - example bringing Maxwell back when not fully fit to replace an in form Grimshaw.

Keogh get rid for me or at worst coach and cover at centre half.

Big decision is re Stewart but maybe that's already done as I think he's under contract. When fit he's immense.

James we are stuck with unfortunately but he and Garbutt are lightweight.

I agree Jerry is gone and decent money from Div 3.

We are desperate for a keeper, centre mid, rightback (cover) and another striker.

Anyone got any names?