The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread

We should also factor in that some of our younger players will have improved from Championship experience and good coaching.

AFC Wimbledon’s Anthony Hartigan is expected to move on this summer amid links to Rotherham United and Blackpool.

AFC Wimbledon are poised to lose their key midfielder on a free transfer.

Hartigan, 22, is wanted by Championship pair Rotherham United and Blackpool, as reported by the Evening Standard earlier this month.

He sees his contract expire at the end of next month and will become available.

Blackpool are interested in signing Gillingham defender Jack Tucker, according to reports

Last edited by a moderator:
Would certainly fit the target demographic.

Feels like we need 2 centre backs this summer, based on an assumption that Tharme and Casey will both go on loan with Thorniley leaving on a permanent.

Casey has looked good enough, but at his age I think he needs games and we couldn’t/shouldn’t be going into the season with him starting. Get him on loan to league 1, review in January.

I suspect Thorniley is just to expensive (wage wise) to have as a rotation option, he’s good enough but I was surprised we triggered the option given Critch seems to not be too bothered.

Keogh feels like a 10-15 game a season player at this point, and Husband probably starts the season as our LB?

Husband is our best LB and our 2nd best CH imho, obv I haven't seen tharme

Defo need 2 in
Watching the play off’s etc it was to me notable that the teams that came out on top had the best goalie.Our no 1 although a good league one goalie does not convince me in the Championship so we should look to improve our goalkeeping options with a new number one.

Watching the play off’s etc it was to me notable that the teams that came out on top had the best goalie.Our no 1 although a good league one goalie does not convince me in the Championship so we should look to improve our goalkeeping options with a new number one.
He certainly wouldn't win a Champions League Final for us.

Well today sees the start of the window in earnest with most contracts that were running out ending at 23:59 last night.

Celtic have joined Blackpool and Preston North End in pursuit of Dundee United goalkeeper Benjamin Siegrist, according to a report by the Daily Mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what figure we will look to get for Bowler?
To me if 2 prem clubs are serious about him I would be disappointed if we didn't get at least £5-7m for him.

I wonder what figure we will look to get for Bowler?
To me if 2 prem clubs are serious about him I would be disappointed if we didn't get at least £5-7m for him.
Year left on his contract, I’d be happy with £5m.
With a bit of a bidding war maybe that bumps up to £7m.

Under a longer contract I think he’s a £10m player, he’s a notch below Brennan Johnson in terms of quality and potential.