The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread

One NOT coming to us;

We are delighted to announce that Ebou Adams has agreed a three-year deal to join the Bluebirds, subject to clearance.
The midfielder links up with Cardiff City having spent three seasons with Forest Green Rovers, playing a key part in the side who won the League Two title in 2021/22.
Adams, who joins the Bluebirds officially from July 1st, 2022 at the conclusion of his current deal, is a Gambia international, who appeared for his country at this year's Africa Cup of Nations. He has 11 caps so far on the international stage.
I’m assuming Wintle went back and was a success? Therefore isn’t an option for us?

We are talking to Lewis Gibson.
A centre half at Everton whose contract is ending next month.

His official club profile says:

Having signed from Premier League rivals Newcastle United in July 2017, centre-back Gibson went on to enjoy a standout debut season for the Everton Under-23 side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only managed a handful of games for the Massive.

On 7 August 2021, it was announced he had signed a season-long loan at League One side Sheffield Wednesday.He made his debut against Mansfield Town in the EFL Trophy on 5 October 2021, playing the first 45 minutes.After Gibson picked up another injury in his second game against Bolton Wanderers, manager Darren Moore confirmed that Gibson had returned to his parent club and would unlikely return. However, Gibson stayed at Wednesday and returned from injury against Doncaster Rovers on 19 February 2022

Grrrrrrrzette and others suggest that Grimmy wanted. If take the money I think he's just an upgrade on maxwell

I would settle for a bit of quality rather than quantity.
A tall keeper who commands his box.
A quick youngish centre back with 100 league games under his belt.
A midfield general capable of putting his foot on the ball and spreading
play.
A striker with a track record of converting a higher proportion of chances than our current strike force manage.
If one or more of these is older than our current recruitment targets I don't mind. I loved having Kevin Phillips here and a blend of youth and experience is a winning formula.

Swansea City and Blackpool are interested in signing Manchester City winger Morgan Rogers on loan this summer, it has been claimed.
Swansea City and Blackpool will both be looking to strengthen their ranks this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swansea City and Blackpool are interested in signing Manchester City winger Morgan Rogers on loan this summer, it has been claimed.
Swansea City and Blackpool will both be looking to strengthen their ranks this summer.

Russell Martin’s sights are set on pushing up the Championship table after an encouraging first season in South Wales, while Neil Critchley’s Tangerines will be hoping to look up too after a promising campaign of their own.

Now, as per Darren Witcoop, both clubs have identified Manchester City winger Rogers as a summer target.

Witcoop reports on Twitter that both Swansea City and Blackpool are keen on signing Rogers, who has spent the 2021/22 campaign on loan with Scott Parker’s promotion-winning Bournemouth.

A challenging season…
Rogers made the temporary move to Dorset after a thoroughly impressive spell on loan with Lincoln City in 2021.

However, with Bournemouth, he was unable to nail down a starting spot under Parker and struggled to make an impact when played, so he will be determined to get back on track with a strong 2022/23 campaign.

With the Cherries, Rogers only played 17 times – 11 less than he managed in just half a season with Lincoln City.

One to watch…
Despite his difficult Bournemouth spell, there’s no doubt that Rogers could be a smart loan addition for Swansea City or Blackpool.

The 19-year-old can play on either the left or right-hand side of attack and has proven to be a danger at youth level as well as in League One. He still has the best years of his career ahead of him too, so a new Championship loan could be best for his development given that he already has an extensive experience of youth football.

It remains to be seen what Manchester City have planned for Rogers this summer, but either Swansea City or Blackpool could provide the young winger with a good chance to prove himself in the second tier.
Does not inspire me no better than we have but if he does come hope he makes me eat my hat.

I'd be happy with Rogers, he was a very good player in league one with Lincoln last year and even though he wasn't a regular he was getting some games for a side at the very top end of the Championship who ended up getting promoted.

From memory he plays more on the left than the right (at least at Lincoln when they had Johnson on the right) so perhaps an alternative to bringing in Kirk permanently.

I would settle for a bit of quality rather than quantity.
A tall keeper who commands his box.
A quick youngish centre back with 100 league games under his belt.
A midfield general capable of putting his foot on the ball and spreading
play.
A striker with a track record of converting a higher proportion of chances than our current strike force manage.
If one or more of these is older than our current recruitment targets I don't mind. I loved having Kevin Phillips here and a blend of youth and experience is a winning formula.

Not asking for much then Seb?