The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The 2022 Summer Transfer /Rumours Thread

Are we going to land this Branagan chappy?

I suspect we'll get outbid on wages at this point, as he's only performed better since January.

If not him, we need someone in his ilk - capable of playing in a midfield 2 with Dougall/Stewart but also a bit more creativity alongside.

Assuming Wine Lodge goes, how much would we get for him? Could see him being used in a p ex perhaps?

When do clubs have to notify players?

Clubs must notify players as to whether or not they are being retained by the third Saturday of May which falls on May 21 this year.

Do play-off clubs get an extension?

Clubs involved in the play-offs following that date have until four days after their last match.

When does the EFL publish the official list?

The EFL publishes the list by the second Saturday in June which falls on June 11 this year.

It's a big jump lge 2 to the Championship but Tim Deing at Exeter has done well this year.
14 goals + 4 assists from midfield. Only joined them last Summer.
On the down side he's French....😇

Dan Grimshaw being linked with Luton by Alan Nixon. That would surely take a pretty penny to get him, although presumably he's only got a year left on his contract now?

What's the summary of the rumours going around the ground yesterday then?

- Anderson off (why?)
- Bowler done deal to Fulham?

I'm hoping that it's Bourneymouth in for Bowler niw. Their promotion means we can chuck at least £2m on his tag.

Dan Grimshaw being linked with Luton by Alan Nixon. That would surely take a pretty penny to get him, although presumably he's only got a year left on his contract now?

What's the summary of the rumours going around the ground yesterday then?

- Anderson off (why?)
- Bowler done deal to Fulham?

Luton signed Matt Ingram a keeper from Hull on loan.

Blackpool, Pres*** and Rotherham United are all eyeing up AFC Wimbledon midfielder Anthony Hartigan after he rejected a new deal with the Dons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackpool will not be signing Newcastle United’s Mo Sangare, The72 has learned.
Blackpool recently took in Newcastle United midfielder Sangare, 23, on trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackpool will be scratting around in Poundland yet again, hoping to rehabilitate more crocks and nearly rans. Bin dipping as usual.

If anything, our record from the bargain bin is better than when we pay money.

Marv, Bowler, Dougall, Grimshaw, Lavery

it’s just not realistic for us as a club to go spending £10-15k weekly wages on anyone. We need sustainable growth and I’m confident the club can do that.

we know we’ve got a squad that can compete in this league, the model for transfers each summer know should be quality not quantity - with something like:

- 2 x first team £ signings
- 2/3 loan players who can challenge (more Sterling/Ballard/Simms than TJJ please)
- 2 x low risk freebies from Prem releases.

I agree IM. Let's not forget that prem loans aren't free my bet/guess is that Sterling was possibly our top earner or near and we are only paying about half his salary. Liverpool charge their players out at a bigger rate.

Oh to be able to sign Ballard, if he was our only money purchase I'd be delighted NOT going to happen

I agree IM. Let's not forget that prem loans aren't free my bet/guess is that Sterling was possibly our top earner or near and we are only paying about half his salary. Liverpool charge their players out at a bigger rate.

Oh to be able to sign Ballard, if he was our only money purchase I'd be delighted NOT going to happen

I still can’t get my ahead away from my belief that the team we finished the season with last season is better than the one we’ve finished with this.

Simms & Ballard are clear upgrades for me over anything we’ve got now.

I mentioned the other day I would love Simms back. He has a physical presence we sadly miss when Madine isn't playing.
We got bullied far too easily at times this season.
Bollard would also be a "wow" signing.
Can't see him breaking in to the Arsenal first team think he liked it here enough to come back if the £ was right.
Midfield is a must improve area.
Stewart will be gone IMO.
Maxwell needs to go so Grimmy isn't held back..
Dale/ CJ out, sign Kirk. He offers more than those 2 put together.

I mentioned the other day I would love Simms back. He has a physical presence we sadly miss when Madine isn't playing.
We got bullied far too easily at times this season.
Bollard would also be a "wow" signing.
Can't see him breaking in to the Arsenal first team think he liked it here enough to come back if the £ was right.
Midfield is a must improve area.
Stewart will be gone IMO.
Maxwell needs to go so Grimmy isn't held back..
Dale/ CJ out, sign Kirk. He offers more than those 2 put together.

I really don’t mind Stewart, I know he has his injury problems but if he was our 3rd or 4th choice midfielder I think he’d still be real asset to the squad. The problem is there’s Dougall and him, and then a massive drop off to anyone else (Carey’s more attacking for me).

Kirk just is meh to me, CJ is infuriating but has flashes where he’s unplayable. Not seen anything akin to that from Kirk. £500k seems too much.

Maxwell needs to be no. 2 if he stays, but I can’t see that happening.