🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 32 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

Credit where its due. I thought he did well when he came on yesterday. Sure, still doesn't look fit enough, but we looked more comfortable on the front foot with him on the pitch. I know it was against hapless Bournmouth and this could be a flash in the pan, but his cameo, apart from a solid Hugo, was a lone bright spot in an utterly abject performance yesterday evening.
I thought he looked fit for the 45 minutes. And confident. He was always looking for the ball. A couple of passes went astray but there's a far greater degree of difficulty in what he attempts. Give me that over a 95% success of short, safe, sidewards and backward passes. To get the most out of his skills our forwards need to start making better runs beyond the defenders. But to be fair to them they've had so little to feed off, they've given up trying.

He got us playing forward more quickly and accurately which improves our play and tempo in general. Technically he seems to have all the qualities we need in a CM on the ball just physically he needs to improve a lot. Typical for us

He got us playing forward more quickly and accurately which improves our play and tempo in general. Technically he seems to have all the qualities we need in a CM on the ball just physically he needs to improve a lot. Typical for us

He's actually very physical and tough when he wants to be, what's unfortunate about him is has always had a very awkward looking languid style about his running, but believe me when he has to he has the engine of a sprinter over 20 yards and run with the best of him - that said after only play 20 mins this year he's short of match fitness and if Jose now manages him right, he'll only improve.

He was better last night he did link up with Lamela quite well.Its just a pity we played so defensively
Interesting article here https://worldfootballindex.com/2020...val-at-tottenham-foreshadowed-ndombeles-exit/

Basically it tries to explain why Ndombele is struggling to fit into Jose's system. Or rather Assistant Head Coach Sacramento's system which is a modern version of Jose's counter-attacking system.

Is it still his system.I think it was his system for a while until things went wrong and then Jose reverted to type

The lad hasn't helped himself with his poor work ethic but he really does have talent.

Such a shame we don't have a fit Wana or Dembele here.

The lad hasn't helped himself with his poor work ethic but he really does have talent.

Such a shame we don't have a fit Wana or Dembele here.

I didn't think his work ethic was that bad.He was fine under Poch wether or not he just doesn't fit in with Jose and his coach's plans and they see him as a way to raise more cash.The game against Burnley was bad but it was bad for everyone he just got singled out and from then bad to worse.He looked good against Bournemouth let's hope we can see him and lo Celso finally strike up a good partnership

The lads a goner. I wonder what we will get for him?

Either way that money must be invested in the team. There are some big weaknesses in our first 11 and the club can not hide behind the covid situation.

The lads a goner. I wonder what we will get for him?

Either way that money must be invested in the team. There are some big weaknesses in our first 11 and the club can not hide behind the covid situation.

Well it is accurate that both Barca and Bayern want him, as well as PSG I was told last night.

Gutted if he goes as I still think he is an exceptional player, who could have made a huge impact with us, but alas it looks like it cannot be, Jose has been told he has to generate funds to spend funds and this seems an easy route for him to achieve it - one less maverick and probably a couple of more workmanlike players in return will probably suit Jose and his approach better, we've seen him do this before - and so he has to be backed.

So sell to buy players?
Gazza , Aurier, Davies, Ndombele, Rose, Sess, Foyth ?

Rose, N'dombele, Aurier, Vert (just gets him off the payroll) Foyth, Amos, Lamela is also said to be open to offers, anything above his book value (#3 mill) would represent a profit to us, so Levy would be keen to see him sold. Dier will also be up for sale if he doesn't sign a new deal (I still believe that he will push for a move as both Manure and several clubs in Germany are still tracking him). And last but not least if Luton stay up, CCV will get a permanent move and some money to spend.

So Jose has options.

Rose, N'dombele, Aurier, Vert (just gets him off the payroll) Foyth, Amos, Lamela is also said to be open to offers, anything above his book value (#3 mill) would represent a profit to us, so Levy would be keen to see him sold. Dier will also be up for sale if he doesn't sign a new deal (I still believe that he will push for a move as both Manure and several clubs in Germany are still tracking him). And last but not least if Luton stay up, CCV will get a permanent move and some money to spend.

So Jose has options.
...and from recent murmuring's from both Jose and Davies himself, it sounds like Davies is a keeper for Jose who sees him as 'dependable'.
I wouldn't be against him staying, but as a second choice LB or LCB whilst we either give Sess his chance or get a better LWB to match the new RWB we need.

...and from recent murmuring's from both Jose and Davies himself, it sounds like Davies is a keeper for Jose who sees him as 'dependable'.
I wouldn't be against him staying, but as a second choice LB or LCB whilst we either give Sess his chance or get a better LWB to match the new RWB we need.

Davies is most definitely staying, we are not looking for a LWB or LB replacement, just onwards player development to pressure his starting place.

Last edited:
Davies is most definitely staying, we are no looking for a LWB or LB replacement, just onwards player development to pressure his starting place.

Absolutely, he isn't playing too bad either. I think you'd have to ask a player that has played up against him how physical the battle can be. He is full blooded but certainly not diving in recklessly. Not only the Adam Smith incident, but he's hit some massive headers and tackles recently and always gives 100%.

I just wish he'd find some vocal confidence to give Son some tough love in front of him. That shouldn't be just down to Lloris and Jose to get Son contributing better to protecting our left channel. We are a side that is very right centric anyway and sometime forget how unprotected our left back area can be.