🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

Once upon a time, a kid named Sonny tried to do everything he could to get out of Tottenham after struggling to adapt to the big change....

He was convinced to stay. And look at him now.

I'm not convinced he has the stomach for the challenge.

If reports of his unrest are to be believed then we could have a scenario that mirrors that of Gareth Bale. Much has been reported about their lack of interest in taking part in the clubs off field activities. Rather worryingly that's not the only similarity they share. Both are hugely talented (a plus), injury prone (a negative) & by the looks of things, both have a stilted relationship with their respective coaches(?).

If he had shown any sign of trying to adapt to his new surroundings then my outlook wouldn't be nearly as bleak.

I'm not convinced he has the stomach for the challenge.

If reports of his unrest are to be believed then we could have a scenario that mirrors that of Gareth Bale. Much has been reported about their lack of interest in taking part in the clubs off field activities. Rather worryingly that's not the only similarity they share. Both are hugely talented (a plus), injury prone (a negative) & by the looks of things, both have a stilted relationship with their respective coaches(?).

If he had shown any sign of trying to adapt to his new surroundings then my outlook wouldn't be nearly as bleak.

out of interest what sign(s) of adaptation would you look for - bearing in mind his groin injury was (as he himself suspected) a nasty one and which he took steps to protect as his manager wouldn't/didn't?

Last edited:
out of interest what sign(s) of adaptation would you look for - bearing in mind his groin injury was (as he himself suspected) a nasty one and which he took steps to protect as his managed wouldn't/didn't?
His lack of off field appearances in a club role. It's been reported he has shown little to no interest. Perhaps i'm digging here but if i was unable to produce the goods on field i'd be looking to help out elsewhere.

I hope he stays, there is a massive talent there, in some ways I think back to when a certain Luka Modric joined us, ok maybe no injuries or gripes with the then coach that we know of, but nearly every man and his dog Spurs fan was on his back for what a season or 2 and the rest is history, I am not comparing the 2 players in style, but there similarities in both joining Spurs.

So for me I hope we!, Club and fans, give him a chance.

I hope he stays, there is a massive talent there, in some ways I think back to when a certain Luka Modric joined us, ok maybe no injuries or gripes with the then coach that we know of, but nearly every man and his dog Spurs fan was on his back for what a season or 2 and the rest is history, I am not comparing the 2 players in style, but there similarities in both joining Spurs.

So for me I hope we!, Club and fans, give him a chance.
I think it’s up to him to give us a chance...if he does the fans, the club will have no difficulty singing his praises, but if he carries on like last season there’s nothing for him here.

I've heard he was lucky to get off without surgery after they played him broken.

The guy is clearly an endomorph, his struggles with weight/fitness throughout the years is well documented. What is also well documented is that he worked to overcome his genetic tendencies to become one of the most sought after young footballers in the world. So, I beleive he has the work ethic to succeed, based upon past proof, not scandalous supposition permeated in the yellow pages.

Certainly was tossed into an unexpected situation of complete shit, and "settling in" for a more experienced veteran would've been difficult enough.

Selling him now, would just be plain stupid. At least give the car a good drive on a decent road before to decide to hock it.

His wages are diabolical tho.

I've heard he was lucky to get off without surgery after they played him broken.

The guy is clearly an endomorph, his struggles with weight/fitness throughout the years is well documented. What is also well documented is that he worked to overcome his genetic tendencies to become one of the most sought after young footballers in the world. So, I beleive he has the work ethic to succeed, based upon past proof, not scandalous supposition permeated in the yellow pages.

Certainly was tossed into an unexpected situation of complete shit, and "settling in" for a more experienced veteran would've been difficult enough.

Selling him now, would just be plain stupid. At least give the car a good drive on a decent road before to decide to hock it.

His wages are diabolical tho.

I'm told his agent wanted the medics heads on a platter at one point, and surprisingly I'm amazed they decided to rest it rather than operate, the last equivalent we had with that was Walker who we played half a season with it before we finally put him (belatedly) under the knife.

There are still a few clubs waiting to see unfold, fortunately for us, everyone apart from the oil country clubs are in a tough financial position and until the CL is over properly we won't see the approaches that might still become formal.

I'm told we will absolutely not be letting him go anywhere and that he's fully on board and committed.

I am fairly confident that this is accurate.

Now all I have to do is wait and see if the person that has told me this is as close to the action as he really is!!

I hope this is true. I would hate to see him leave so soon. Like i said in the other thread, only a swap for a top class player would make any sense, otherwise, keep and nurture.

I'm told we will absolutely not be letting him go anywhere and that he's fully on board and committed.

I am fairly confident that this is accurate.

Now all I have to do is wait and see if the person that has told me this is as close to the action as he really is!!
A fully committed Ndombele would be the best signing of the transfer window irrespective of what happens from here.

At his best Ndombele can destroy teams. If we fail to get him back to his best it will be our loss. I still think Mourinho's outbursts about him last season were as idiotic as you get too. Start fresh, get him fit and go again.

When he's in position he's quite strong and wins tackles, I'm sure it's more a case of mainly getting his fitness to the levels he can compete more regularly which should improve his tracking probably not that he's lazy or doesn't want to track back but more that he physically didn't have the energy or legs to do so.

But nobody in our squad has that same level of quality and ability to hold onto the ball and beat players as him

When he's in position he's quite strong and wins tackles, I'm sure it's more a case of mainly getting his fitness to the levels he can compete more regularly which should improve his tracking probably not that he's lazy or doesn't want to track back but more that he physically didn't have the energy or legs to do so.

But nobody in our squad has that same level of quality and ability to hold onto the ball and beat players as him

Considering he was slated by fans all season for either being over-weight, unfit, lazy or just not caring, he managed to make a lot of PL players look like absolute amateurs last season.

The maverick we as fans need. The quality he is capable of having on the ball is unmatched in our squad but I don't think Jose really likes him.

Its a shocking number of quality hi-lites for a player that appeared so few times.