🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

JJ was another player that was playing most of his career with us with long term injuries.

Always liked the Jenas and Carrick combo. Shame it only lasted one season.

Whihc is why you'd think he'd have a little more empathy for N'dombele and keep his thoughts more measured rather than shoot his mouth off - I can't remember how many times he played and would drift through a game doing absolutely nothing and that was half his career with us, hilarious really.

Say what you like about Jose’s role in the demise of ND but my impression of the guy is that he doesn’t want to be in England or the EPL or playing for us...he’s just failed spectacularly to adjust to the change in lifestyle, the language and the demands of a career in the EPL....trying to hang on to a player like that will be a huge waste of time...we are a football club and not a psychiatric unit....psychotic yes probably, but not psychiatric.

I don't think we should be giving up on a player who has shown so much ability previously in big CL games and has the most quality of all our midfielders. In this stop/start difficult season for us he's also had injuries and problems with the coach.

If we judged Kane etc. on most this season/year?

Hopefully he gets another season to show the levels he was at previously and also improve, there is a reason why so many top clubs are still interested in him.

However Jose's tactics might be problematic for him or any ball player

If he wants to stay then we should certainly keep him for the simple reason he has a massive talent set. His potential is miles ahead of Winks, Sissoko.

But if he wants out then we must sell. As we have found out in the past keeping players that want to leave never works out well.

Does Jose even want him to stay? You get the impression he doesn't so the outcome doesn't look great.

I don't think we should be giving up on a player who has shown so much ability previously in big CL games and has the most quality of all our midfielders. In this stop/start difficult season for us he's also had injuries and problems with the coach.

If we judged Kane etc. on most this season/year?

Hopefully he gets another season to show the levels he was at previously and also improve, there is a reason why so many top clubs are still interested in him.

However Jose's tactics might be problematic for him or any ball player
Jose’s tactics would leverage his skills to the max if he could be bothered to play....I’m not suggesting he doesn’t have talent but if his head is in the wrong place, and I firmly believe it is, it is pointless hanging on to him...

For me, it’s put up or shut up time for the lad...are you going to be a professional footballer or a constant whine in the background that constantly breaks down every time you play?

Jose’s tactics would leverage his skills to the max if he could be bothered to play....I’m not suggesting he doesn’t have talent but if his head is in the wrong place, and I firmly believe it is, it is pointless hanging on to him...

For me, it’s put up or shut up time for the lad...are you going to be a professional footballer or a constant whine in the background that constantly breaks down every time you play?
I doubt a ball player can truly flourish in an counter attacking system where a team has 30% possesion. Sissoko is probably better suited.

Not sure about the players attitude and behaviour but more evidently we know Jose has a history of falling out with his players, this case sounds similar to his issues with de bruyne

There is no outcome with Tanguy that would surprise me. As I've already said, I have absolutely no clue what to believe but do see shades of grey everywhere.

The only bit I do believe is what I've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears. Neither Jose or the player come out with massive credit for some of that.

Jose has been around long enough to spot a bad apple and he dont take prisoners.

Jose is an absolute master at distraction; he was/is in a period where he wants to make his word the Law; he's come up against a player who wanted to protect his physical well being by following the rules, personally, I think from a management point of view - dissing a player in public is selfish and shallow, but I also know that many posters think it's ok to slag a player off in public because they expect more of them because of their salaries.

Culturally and psychologically speaking, I think Jose got this very wrong; Poch would have put his arm around his shoulder and looked after him and nurtured him and given him some space and time - just as he did when Sonny wanted to call it a day.

Jose is an absolute master at distraction; he was/is in a period where he wants to make his word the Law; he's come up against a player who wanted to protect his physical well being by following the rules, personally, I think from a management point of view - dissing a player in public is selfish and shallow, but I also know that many posters think it's ok to slag a player off in public because they expect more of them because of their salaries.

Culturally and psychologically speaking, I think Jose got this very wrong; Poch would have put his arm around his shoulder and looked after him and nurtured him and given him some space and time - just as he did when Sonny wanted to call it a day.
That was over nine months ago. At what point do we move on?

Tanguy is presumably fit now. Or presumably free of injury? If Jose doesn't like what he is seeing we need to sell him and find a replacement in that position. Likewise with Tanguy: if he isn't committed to Jose and the club he needs to move on as quickly as possible.

Alternatively, they bury the hatchet and get working together, like professionals.

Whilst all our rivals are concentrating on strengthening their squads we still have this ridiculous situation undermining ours.

That was over nine months ago. At what point do we move on?

Tanguy is presumably fit now. Or presumably free of injury? If Jose doesn't like what he is seeing we need to sell him and find a replacement in that position. Likewise with Tanguy: if he isn't committed to Jose and the club he needs to move on as quickly as possible.

Alternatively, they bury the hatchet and get working together, like professionals.

Whilst all our rivals are concentrating on strengthening their squads we still have this ridiculous situation undermining ours.

Which is why I expect it to come to an end this window - one way or another.

We're aware that he'd like to leave but it looks like the club has other ideas.
His side are certainly pushing interest to the media and the reports in Italy of a Milan side being in talks suggest there is something happening. Hard to gauge if the English/Spurs journalists saying he isn't going anywhere is genuine or if they have been fed that line by the club to try and give us a stronger negotiating position. Either way, lets hope it's sorted by the start of pre season (no chance...)

If Ndombele stays and continues to wallow in self-pity then his career is over. I hope he stays and rocks it because his manager and his mummy tell him to get on with it or he will never move.

Is Daniel going to balance the books by moving him on or are we going to persevere with him for another season or two. For all his supposed talent we've witnessed precious little. Bout time he pulled his finger out i reckon.