🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 18 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

Ndom has the potential to be an absolute beast for us next season. This one, he’s struggling. I think he had fitness issues when we signed him, then he’s been struggling with injuries. This can be sorted.
However after v Chavs he should be benched. Play Winks/Lo Celso centrally, bring in Dele.

I can still recall Poch saying after the Villa game when most were excited at his start that there was much more to come from him as he got fitter. Then the injury happened; after that we all know the struggles he seems to have faced and I suspect that as well as everything else (i.e. settling in and trying to get out of a hotel) has taken a toll - so hopefully next season we'll see the man that shone like an absolute star against ManC in the CL.

I'm guessing Tanguy must be getting concerned about his Euro place. Hopefully that will spur him on for the these next 3 months.

I imagine Levy is weighing up the costs of keeping Jose or Tanguy.
I have to agree with Jose on his performances. He has been abysmal for whatever reason.
I am just not sure it's cool to ball the guy out in public. He is an employee of the club after all. This sort of thing is always better to be done behind closed doors in my experience.

I have to agree with Jose on his performances. He has been abysmal for whatever reason.
I am just not sure it's cool to ball the guy out in public. He is an employee of the club after all. This sort of thing is always better to be done behind closed doors in my experience.
He’s only saying what everyone can see, and it’s obvious that whatever is happening in training is not getting through to the player...he just looks either totally disinterested or completely lost...seems to think he only has to play part time.

Contrast his performances to date to those of LoCo who has become the heartbeat of the team...both new from foreign leagues, countries and cultures...ND has problems obviously and they aren’t being resolved behind closed doors.

The very least I expect from our record signing and joint high wage earner is effort and professionalism.

This fat clown has shown neither.

Soldado and nowadays Sissoko have tried their hearts out on the pitch, so supporters will always be behind them, this one can fuck off.

Clearly Jose thinks Tanguy is fit enough to be criticised publicly and I can imagine that half time changing room wasn't much fun for the Frenchman. It's perhaps the case that Tanguy is taking our injury crisis for granted. My guess is that if Jose had a full quota of fit players, this guy would be having to fight like crazy to even be involved in a match day squad.

I can still recall Poch saying after the Villa game when most were excited at his start that there was much more to come from him as he got fitter. Then the injury happened; after that we all know the struggles he seems to have faced and I suspect that as well as everything else (i.e. settling in and trying to get out of a hotel) has taken a toll - so hopefully next season we'll see the man that shone like an absolute star against ManC in the CL.

How long was he in a hotel for?

He has skills but at the moment he isn’t delivering them and shouldn’t even be in the squad....is it because he is still carrying an injury and if so leave him out until the issue is resolved....I’m not a believer that in this day and age, with alleged top class medical teams monitoring the players that if there really is a problem that it can’t be fixed.

If he is fit then it is his attitude that sucks, but right now I would rather have two LoCos in the team.

He has skills but at the moment he isn’t delivering them and shouldn’t even be in the squad....is it because he is still carrying an injury and if so leave him out until the issue is resolved....I’m not a believer that in this day and age, with alleged top class medical teams monitoring the players that if there really is a problem that it can’t be fixed.

If he is fit then it is his attitude that sucks, but right now I would rather have two LoCos in the team.

Tell that to Ledley King. Sometimes all that is required is time and constant care. That's if it is a physical issue and not a mental health problem, which are kept very quiet within the club for both professional and legal reasons.

You called him Fatty on here! What's the difference?

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, you'd have to believe that there is still some form of underlying injury. Conversely however, is he putting the hard yards in to get to proper match fitness. As a record signing, experiencing the PL for the first time, you'd think he'd be desperate to get out there and start producing the goods. In Ndombele's case he just gives the impression that he regrets the move, and shows no inclination of wanting to play for us. If that's down to Mourinho, Poch's departure, who knows.

Tell that to Ledley King. Sometimes all that is required is time and constant care. That's if it is a physical issue and not a mental health problem, which are kept very quiet within the club for both professional and legal reasons.
Whatever the reason if he can’t produce what he was bought to do he should either be left out of the squad until he can or moved on if anyone would want to buy him.

Jose is right that with all the pressures to deliver he can’t keep playing the guy on the basis of what he delivers when he says he feels fit enough to play.

Ledley was a different case....his medical condition was known and treated accordingly, and when he played he still turned in outstanding performances until he just couldn’t play again....we are still waiting for a performance from this guy.

Clearly Jose thinks Tanguy is fit enough to be criticised publicly and I can imagine that half time changing room wasn't much fun for the Frenchman. It's perhaps the case that Tanguy is taking our injury crisis for granted. My guess is that if Jose had a full quota of fit players, this guy would be having to fight like crazy to even be involved in a match day squad.
Does he want to be involved though? He looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Is it the club or just Jose?

Does he want to be involved though? He looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Is it the club or just Jose?
I’m not trying to defend him or playing devils advocate , but does his situation compare to that of Gareth Bale . If I remember , Bale was very nearly sold , or almost definitely on the loan list .
With this bloke, there is definitely a footballer in there , he has amazing skills and can virtually beat anybody . There has to be an underlying problem mental or physical. I can’t see that it’s mental , not even Jose would expose that in public surely . It’s not like it’s the first time he has been let out to dry in the press .
I was surprised he was given a start yesterday , thinking he was going to launch himself into the spotlight . .
Certainly didn’t last long !
sissoko had his spot in here before anybody else had a thread , based on his non performances .
maybe that’s what we get from the french league , Nonperformers .