🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 16 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

He certainly looks happy enough in training. Although those pics could have been taken as he read a text message from his agent asking him if he liked the weather in Madrid.

Jose has said a few things about his nutrition today. Clearly been a problem behind the scenes.

He also said he is injury free and he needs to be mentally ready.

🤪

Worst player on the pitch by a mile.

Couldn’t be arsed or so unfit he shouldn’t have been on the pitch

Looks at least a stone over weight.

It will take until August for him to be fit. It is worth being patients=.

We have a very good nucleus to move forward.

Surely there will be no calls for him to be starting games anytime soon.

He needs to spend the next 2-3 weeks in pre-season style training. He can spend the next week with Davies before Ben returns to the 1st team squad. Tanguy can return when he's capable of lasting 90 mins at full tilt in the U23's as far as I'm concerned.

I agree, Mutters. It wouldn't bother me at this stage if we binned him for the rest of the season. Get that "injury" sorted out, whip him into shape over the summer and then see if we have a player or not next season.

Or is he intermittently declaring himself fit because he wants to be in the French squad for the Euros this summer? Bollix to that.

Like Chiv says, I hope Levy has kept the receipt. He thought he'd bought a beast but so far has ended up getting a Teddy Bear.

His mentality is so weak it's unreal.The way he hid after he got smashed was such a wussy thing to do. His ability is irrelevant at this stage.

If he needs surgery bite the bullet and get on with it. This half arsed attitude he is showing is pathetic. He needs a good slap.

His mentality is so weak it's unreal.The way he hid after he got smashed was such a wussy thing to do. His ability is irrelevant at this stage.

If he needs surgery bite the bullet and get on with it. This half arsed attitude he is showing is pathetic. He needs a good slap.

The surgery will reverse his fitness progress so I agree, get on with it and restart his fitness program.

The caveat is we need him at the moment even if it is for limited use. Injuries have decimated us.

Surely there will be no calls for him to be starting games anytime soon.

He needs to spend the next 2-3 weeks in pre-season style training. He can spend the next week with Davies before Ben returns to the 1st team squad. Tanguy can return when he's capable of lasting 90 mins at full tilt in the U23's as far as I'm concerned.

His fitness and conditioning is far far worst than I could even suspect; but it's clear Jose sees minutes as a way to force his fitness faster - bold decision but personally for now I'd use as a sub until his fitness is unarguable.

Last edited:
His fitness and conditioning is far far worst than I could even suspect; but it's clear Jose sees minute as a way to force his fitness faster - bold decision but personally for now I'd use as a sub until his fitness is unarguable.

Minutes are the best way to build fitness, but only if you are willing to go through the pain and increase fitness.

It was clear he was not.

awful awful attitude.

clearly had enough after about 5 minutes.

Naff off and take Dele with you. Just when we thought we were making progress in getting rid of clowns like Rose...shit another pops up!

awful awful attitude.

clearly had enough after about 5 minutes.

I'd contest that a lot of his frustration looks directed at himself, in the same way Dele's is. He is clearly not match fit and is finding it hard to adjust to the pace/physicality of the league.

Not sure I've seen enough yet, but hope the analysts and Jose / Sacramento take him to task on his contribution today. Perhaps Deschamps can give him a call and say that he is unlikely to make the Euros. Give him something to think about.

You can have all the ability in the world but if your attitude stinks you won't make the grade in this league.

Regardless of his form or injury problems for me he is a waster. I would sell him in a heartbeat.

There is no doubting his ability, I have plenty of doubt about everything else it takes to be a proper pro.

Not sure I've seen enough yet, but hope the analysts and Jose / Sacramento take him to task on his contribution today. Perhaps Deschamps can give him a call and say that he is unlikely to make the Euros. Give him something to think about.

There is always a chance that the lad is not adjusting very well. This season has been horrible from start to now and when you pile on multiple injuries, moving to a completely new country and having to adjust to a faster, more physical league with awful scheduling then you could excuse him for finding it a lot to take in. Plus he has an absolutely massive price tag on his head and that just adds pressure. Time will tell the real story with him.