🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

🚹 Tanguy Ndombélé - Player Thread

If he has a groin injury then he should bite the bullet and have the op because there is no way he will be able to stand the strain of PL football...he can only make it worse....it’s just stupid to think otherwise...if on the other hand he has a brain injury of snowflake proportions then by all means kick him up the backside.

I would be disappointed if we had to lose him for the rest of the season if that’s what it takes to have the op and recover, but let’s face it he is no bloody use to us at the moment.

Agreed.

But isn't he only throwing him under the bus if he's casting doubt on Ndombele's word or commitment? As fans we all want to know when he's coming back and if suddenly disappears from the match day squad we want to know why. And if the reason is as you describe above the majority of us would be quite understanding. I guess it all depends on what you read into Joses's comments.

He as good as hung the player out to dry; despite being encouraged to do exactly what he did do when you know that your body area that's injured doesn't feel right - if anyone here has had a groin injury they will know exactly what I mean, when it pulls that tiny fraction or you can't turn the way you want to without a twinge - you know exactly what could or is going to happen if you push it too soon.

All I can disclose as of now, is that certain players and ex players at the club were disgusted with his comments and the way he put them across.

He as good as hung the player out to dry; despite being encouraged to do exactly what he did do when you know that your body area that's injured doesn't feel right - if anyone here has had a groin injury they will know exactly what I mean, when it pulls that tiny fraction or you can't turn the way you want to without a twinge - you know exactly what could or is going to happen if you push it too soon.

All I can disclose as of now, is that certain players and ex players at the club were disgusted with his comments and the way he put them across.
So what should Mourinho have said? Presumably Ndombele is going to be out for a long while now unless he risks injury which is in no one's interests. In that context I don't see what is wrong with telling the fans the truth. Or are you saying that Mourinho was inferring that Ndombele was feigning injury or at least unwilling go through the pain barrier when in fact he should.

The other thing I find quite surprising is that Ndombele supposedly dropped this on him on Christmas day. Surely this is the type of injury that the medical team would have been discussing with him on an ongoing basis, given that there is a mental element to it as well as physical?

So what should Mourinho have said? Presumably Ndombele is going to be out for a long while now unless he risks injury which is in no one's interests. In that context I don't see what is wrong with telling the fans the truth. Or are you saying that Mourinho was inferring that Ndombele was feigning injury or at least unwilling go through the pain barrier when in fact he should.

The other thing I find quite surprising is that Ndombele supposedly dropped this on him on Christmas day. Surely this is the type of injury that the medical team would have been discussing with him on an ongoing basis, given that there is a mental element to it as well as physical?

It does read like N'dombele did not communicate this but chose to drop a bomb in the last minute, which leads me to believe that this isn't physical.

We have a world class medical team and medical facility and I 100% trust their judgement.

If the world class medical team are telling Jose there is no problem physically then I think Jose has every right to make it plain to all and sundry that it’s not his fault that our big money superstar didn’t play, given everybody and his dog have been calling for him to be in the team.

If the medical team are saying there is a problem that needs to be fixed with an operation then he would surely have said he was injured..

I had a hernia from bowling at cricket and playing golf on the same day...I knew I could play but it was just going to get worse unless I had the op...I had the op and missed a few weeks of the season...it wasn’t a case of thinking I was ok one day and not the next.

if this guy has a weakness in his groin he needs to get it properly fixed because the physical demands of football will really screw him up if he doesn’t. If he has been treated for the condition but isn’t satisfied that it has been fixed then play him....he will soon find out, and if it isn’t fixed then off to the chop shop if that is a possible solution.

if there is no ready solution then bin him.

Nice to know the snowflake attitude has always been in the club and continues to this day...it explains a lot....time to man up if they know what that means.

Is it possible he has/had the groin injury and he is a bit of a snowflake and needs to harden up. I mean not in relation to the injury...

Did he have the injury before he joined?

If so that means Poch signed two big players with long term injury problems.

What I'm confused about is the 3 strikes rule. Surely if Jose is such a great manager wouldn't strike 1 be kept between closed doors. Why has he hung Ndombele out to dry this early in both of their tenures?

I can also believe that if the player has a repeating groin issue then he won't know on any given day whether it is good to go or not. It's nothing to do with what the medical staff think. For me, you have trust the player with these kinds of injuries. The alternative is do what Trippier did and hide his groin injury and then step out on the pitch and play crap.

You can't have it both ways and I'm not happy with Jose here.

I’m very happy with Jose...if ND can train he should be able to play...if he can’t one day and can the next then he has a problem that will never be fixed and should be binned....it’s up to him...fed up with precious players.

What I'm confused about is the 3 strikes rule. Surely if Jose is such a great manager wouldn't strike 1 be kept between closed doors. Why has he hung Ndombele out to dry this early in both of their tenures?

I can also believe that if the player has a repeating groin issue then he won't know on any given day whether it is good to go or not. It's nothing to do with what the medical staff think. For me, you have trust the player with these kinds of injuries. The alternative is do what Trippier did and hide his groin injury and then step out on the pitch and play crap.

You can't have it both ways and I'm not happy with Jose here.
So what should Jose have said? Aren't fans entitled to know what is going on? If it's a recurring injury I can't see any reason to hide it. Fans are going to form opinions anyway, so surely it is better that they form them based on the facts.

Regarding Trippier: did he really manage to hide an ongoing groin injury from the medical team or was that a smokescreen to account for his dreadful form?

Honestly I don't have an issue with it. Folks need to grow up and grow some thick skin if this is what get's them riled up. Seriously...more important things to worry about than this. (to be 100% clear...this is NOT directed at anyone on this forum! Sorry it kind of sounds like that)

As for the ex players being pissed off...we love ya and respect your time at Spurs...but please shut the shit up...(in other words stop stirring the pot needlessly, we have enough current players doing that!)

Tripps and Davies I think both played with groin issues. Eriksen also had a stomach strain but played with it. Winks tried to play too soon with an ankle injury giving him pain. As Ex has said, not having confidence in your body is going to restrict performance.

Tripps and Davies I think both played with groin issues. Eriksen also had a stomach strain but played with it. Winks tried to play too soon with an ankle injury giving him pain. As Ex has said, not having confidence in your body is going to restrict performance.

Very true, no argument there. I have played with injury and know it sucks...

BUT...I never had a world class medical staff watching and monitoring and testing during training...like all the top clubs have.

Players playing with injury doesn't ring true to me...especially a groin, those are simply disabling to a player. Yes small knocks..yep play with it. If a player makes it through the medical treatment and training to dictate if they are fit...then so be it.

**to me this is more of a judgement on the medical staff and how they are dictating player fitness....NOT Jose. (they say the player is fit...why shouldn't he trust them??)

So what should Jose have said? Aren't fans entitled to know what is going on? If it's a recurring injury I can't see any reason to hide it. Fans are going to form opinions anyway, so surely it is better that they form them based on the facts.

Regarding Trippier: did he really manage to hide an ongoing groin injury from the medical team or was that a smokescreen to account for his dreadful form?

Well first of all, Jose should have said anything to divert attention not to attract it. It came across as a very calculated answer. If he's got the man management skills, he shouldn't need to put pressure on his own players through the media. He should be able to do it one on one or in the safety of the squad dynamic. For me, it also came across as speaking in riddles and personally I think the Spurs fans have had enough of that in the last year or so.

All Jose has done is raise questions about his own track record of bullying players who aren't quite fit. It's also raised question marks about our recruitment team and clearly on the player's minerals. I also see that word "snowflake" has come out again.

To your direct question, Jose should have said one of a couple of things. The first is that the player had a slight groin strain and he didn't think it was worth risking him with our current fixture pile up. He could have also told the white lie and said he took a slight knock in training. He's used both answers a million times in his career and knows the drill.

The player is a kid in a foreign country, on his second manager this season and interestingly 23 years old today :-)

Well first of all, Jose should have said anything to divert attention not to attract it. It came across as a very calculated answer. If he's got the man management skills, he shouldn't need to put pressure on his own players through the media. He should be able to do it one on one or in the safety of the squad dynamic. For me, it also came across as speaking in riddles and personally I think the Spurs fans have had enough of that in the last year or so.

All Jose has done is raise questions about his own track record of bullying players who aren't quite fit. It's also raised question marks about our recruitment team and clearly on the player's minerals. I also see that word "snowflake" has come out again.

To your direct question, Jose should have said one of a couple of things. The first is that the player had a slight groin strain and he didn't think it was worth risking him with our current fixture pile up. He could have also told the white lie and said he took a slight knock in training. He's used both answers a million times in his career and knows the drill.

The player is a kid in a foreign country, on his second manager this season and interestingly 23 years old today :-)
Jose hasnt Raised those questions...others have...None of us knows what he has already discussed with the player or what his relationship with the player is...apparently, many other people think they do.

Jose hasnt Raised those questions...others have...None of us knows what he has already discussed with the player or what his relationship with the player is...apparently, many other people think they do.

Not true. It the questions came from Jose's cryptic interview after the match. He made the comments that everyone jumped on.