Takeover | Page 20 | Vital Football

Takeover

There have been a few 'suggestions' after the last home match that the buyers were clueless about football and had no idea what the Championship was.

One idea for Charlz54 though .... bye some shares in IEC and you can ask them questions.
At the last home game the only thing anyone in the group said publicly was the final completion date would be September. Everything else is speculation.

It’s interesting that Murdoch is selling up on SkyBet. My guess is he’s anticipating a crackdown on gambling adverts and sponsorships within football and is getting out now before they really take effect in the UK and hurt his company.
Sky sold their majority stake in SkyBet in 2014.

Its taking so long now its getting joke

Yes come on latics be quicker, it only took Bolton a month to finish a takeover and look how successful that was! Now That is a joke, it's much better to be slow and right than be quick and wrong!!

Some people on here sound like the anti EU brigade who expected us to leave the EU within weeks of the referendum, and indeed still call for us just to walk away. Newsflash, things are a lot more complicated than you understand

I want everything to be just right for our club BUT some money made available for purchasing players and sorting out contracts BEFORE the end of the transfer window would be useful, in fact, no, ESSENTIAL. ( only 22 days now before the window shuts!!!)

I want everything to be just right for our club BUT some money made available for purchasing players and sorting out contracts BEFORE the end of the transfer window would be useful, in fact, no, ESSENTIAL. ( only 22 days now before the window shuts!!!)
Jackson has stated day-to-day running of the club will be unchanged until the takeover is officially completed. Given the new contracts and transfers already made I see no reason to think otherwise.

Even when the new owners are in place I wouldn’t be expecting our transfer policy to be greatly different. We need to run the club like a business and focus on increasing income to fund greater player investment.

No problem, its sorted. Worked it out, they are waiting for us to be promoted again into the prem before they finalise the deal, thus they get a real bargain. Cunning lot these orientals.

Some people on here sound like the anti EU brigade who expected us to leave the EU within weeks of the referendum, and indeed still call for us just to walk away. Newsflash, things are a lot more complicated than you understand
Who are the anti Euro Brigade? Is that the majority of people old enough to vote in this country?
Remember this split from Europe has only been held up by the minority remainers putting up stumbling blocks all the way. I reckon the anti Europe Brigade are naturally pizzed off with the priveledged south standing in the way of democracy.

Who are the anti Euro Brigade? Is that the majority of people old enough to vote in this country?
Remember this split from Europe has only been held up by the minority remainers putting up stumbling blocks all the way. I reckon the anti Europe Brigade are naturally pizzed off with the priveledged south standing in the way of democracy.

Leaving Europe? Which continent are we leaving for, North America? ;)

I rest my case

May is making such a balls up of leaving the EU I'm getting less convinced by the day it will happen, a bit like our proposed takeover. I'd like a no confidence vote in her to be triggered but with that comes the very real possibility, given the Tory infighting that the majority of MPs wouldn't support a new government triggering a general election. Then God forbidden that clown Corbyn could find himself as PM and the country would be well and truely fucked beyond any possibility of repair if run by him and the likes of McDonnell and Abbott. A prospect so frightening I'd rather stay in the EU and continue to be governed by Merkel.

May is making such a balls up of leaving the EU I'm getting less convinced by the day it will happen, a bit like our proposed takeover. I'd like a no confidence vote in her to be triggered but with that comes the very real possibility, given the Tory infighting that the majority of MPs wouldn't support a new government triggering a general election. Then God forbidden that clown Corbyn could find himself as PM and the country would be well and truely fucked beyond any possibility of repair if run by him and the likes of McDonnell and Abbott. A prospect so frightening I'd rather stay in the EU and continue to be governed by Merkel.
Talk about "Project fear" !!! As i said previously, It is the same scenario and I rest my case

Never miss a trick with your right wing rhetorical crap do you, despite the tory corruption lies and incompetence you dare to suggest Corbyn is a clown.

To be fair LMB, I reckon it's a reasonable statement to say that the whole of Westminster is full of clowns right now, don't you.

Given the last couple of years of pissing about by this completely incompetent Government, Labour should have been wiping the floor with them by now, offering a clear and precise view of what they would/will do in the future. Instead, though I fully accept that Corbyn was a new broom, he's done feck all sweeping so far, and can't even put this shambles of a Tory party on the back foot ...........................instead, he has to rely on them doing it themselves, and then shooting themselves in it !!!

Chukk Umuna excepted (and to be fair, Lisa Nandy too), I wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire.

A
Never miss a trick with your right wing rhetorical crap do you, despite the tory corruption lies and incompetence you dare to suggest Corbyn is a clown.

And bang to form the serial liar springs up with typical left wing bigoted hysteria whenever anyone dare question the abilities of the three inept clowns who have destroyed what once was a respectable political party. You'd find a more capable opposition with an under 8s team up against the Man City attack that you would these political incompetents.

oops! maybe I shouldn't have used the analogy , seems to have touched a nerve. You are quite right, this is a football thread, not a political one.