Takeover | Page 19 | Vital Football

Takeover

I've asked you this before. How do you expect anybody on here to know. Just give it a rest. If it happens it happens.

Calm down Chet.....sit in the garden and have a cold beer......I was only asking as it’s an important question to me,as a fan of Wigan Athletic

But you keep asking the same question and expecting a different reply. Nobody on here knows. Therefore the answer will always be the same.

To be fair i imagine it's best to assume 'still in process' until someone says otherwise. If there are updates they always end up on here pretty quickly after the news breaks.

The important thing is that it appears we haven't fell into a holding pattern waiting for the takeover to go through when it comes to player recruitment and sorting the pitch out.

Not much of an update but Nixon said today that the takeover is set to be finalized at the end of the transfer window so might be a few signings last week or so we will see.

To be fair we've been told it will be towards the end of the transfer window, so it'd be wrong to expect any news for another few weeks.

I suspect the takeover if it does go through will happen from one day to the next. If they are waiting on EFL approval then it will probably happen suddenly and be announced the day of.

Is it correct they have bought SKY BET
No that is ‘The Stars Group’. The company buying us have agreed a deal with The Stars Group (who own the PokerStars brand) to exclusively use the PokerStars brand for live events and poker rooms in Asia. So those buying us will know the people buying SkyBet through doing mutual business together but they are not in anyway involved directly with us. It could however help us in the future in terms of potential sponsorships if you want to speculate. It’s interesting that Murdoch is selling up on SkyBet. My guess is he’s anticipating a crackdown on gambling adverts and sponsorships within football and is getting out now before they really take effect in the UK and hurt his company.

No that is ‘The Stars Group’. The company buying us have agreed a deal with The Stars Group (who own the PokerStars brand) to exclusively use the PokerStars brand for live events and poker rooms in Asia. So those buying us will know the people buying SkyBet through doing mutual business together but they are not in anyway involved directly with us. It could however help us in the future in terms of potential sponsorships if you want to speculate. It’s interesting that Murdoch is selling up on SkyBet. My guess is he’s anticipating a crackdown on gambling adverts and sponsorships within football and is getting out now before they really take effect in the UK and hurt his company.
THATS for thats

As mentioned by KDZ ... Mr Nixon has tweeted something about the prospective new owners to spend some money before the official takeover is completed ( that is how I'm reading it).

Pony up more cash from your Cayman Islands stash.jpg

I wonder if the advance that Mr Nixon is referring to is the 1.6 million quid deposit in the Dutch Escrow account.

Hopefully the due diligence alluded to (when choosing from a plethora of willing buyers) has actually checked whether they have any money or not. There have been a few 'suggestions' after the last home match that the buyers were clueless about football and had no idea what the Championship was.

One idea for Charlz54 though .... buy some shares in IEC and you can ask them questions.

Last edited:
As mentioned by KDZ ... Mr Nixon has tweeted something about the prospective new owners to spend some money before the official takeover is completed ( that is how I'm reading it).

View attachment 27822

I wonder if the advance that Mr Nixon is referring to is the 1.6 million quid deposit in the Dutch Escrow account.

Hopefully the due diligence alluded to (when choosing from a plethora of willing buyers) has actually checked whether they have any money or not. There have been a few 'suggestions' after the last home match that the buyers were clueless about football and had no idea what the Championship was.

One idea for Charlz54 though .... bye some shares in IEC and you can ask them questions.
The buyers are clueless about football/running a football club. That’s why they want the two people with “football knowledge” to be on the board and run things on their behalf, David Sharpe and Joe Royle.

The buyers being clueless about football is obviously not good but the buyers admitting they are clueless about football and will need others to run it is very good. Nixon says the takeover is set for late august and we need another cash advance if we are going to pay any fees.

I'll be honest, this process has been much longer then it needed to be regardless of examining every detail. New owners though can't really do anything until the efl approve which for some reason is taking a age. I think Whelan is right saying the best thing to do is to hand over money for the window due to the long efl approval process.

Hopefully the new owners will be accommodating. It is in their best interest. We need a coupe signings and a few contracts to renew.