Takeover NOT Collapsed | Page 11 | Vital Football

Takeover NOT Collapsed

LyttleByLyttle - 18/5/2017 12:48

Our Kids Dad - 18/5/2017 12:19

LyttleByLyttle - 17/5/2017 21:45

the jock - 17/5/2017 21:40

pitbull was unbelievable. he had pics of some posters houses via google maps. i wish he was still here. hope you are ok little guy if you are reading this.

Agreed.

There have been some bonkers people on here down the years but he was great value.

The only poster I know that has got banned for using the Alert function.

:19:

Over 300 alerts in 1 evening - all of which had to be dealt with.

I'm not condoning it!

Good

MarvinsPA - 18/5/2017 13:11

Would appear you've been right every step of the way sniffer

The whole forum apart from a few are in agreement with that.

EDIT!

I will continue to post.

Anyway, like I said I don't want a ban and I don't want to bore you with this personal shit with the bully boys, so from now on I'll only post about football.

Thanks for all the PM'S and support. It's much appreciated.

:79:

OKD edited the above post - because I can and because there is no need to gloat, nor incite others into an inevitable response and subsequent argument.

Don't make me unhappy, we are finally getting rid of the lucky lucky fridge magnet - you wouldn't like me when I'm angry

:79:

Sniffer Dog - 18/5/2017 13:10

I would say that there is a reasonable chance of a friendly between Olympiakos and Forest perhaps in late July (only guessing), if anybody fancies it? Ouzo and Souvlakis are on me :14:

Thank you for the info' you shared.

A friendly between Olympiakos and Forest sounds like a good idea. An 'actual' pre-season sounds like a plan unlike last year's 'last minute.com' on players, manager and fitness prep'. Those last three things (not actually having a plan...unless chaos is your plan...) almost sent Forest down.

Looking forward to seeing what players Warburton brings in. It's clear he wants to play a certain way - possession football with attack, attack, attack! He's already assessed his squad, let a boat load of loan players go and made it reasonable clear he wants competition for places. But not an imbalanced squad of too many LBs or CHs, for example. His 'want' list is already in, it seems.

Very refreshing to have a manager in place and with a plan before pre-season.

SA. :14:

LyttleByLyttle - 18/5/2017 13:11

This ones heading for the freezer. The second in two days.

Pop each other on ignore chaps :78:

Exactly - I thought they had put each other on ignore.

A few may well have noticed a few disappearing posts - this was to nip a situation in the bud.

No need from either of the protagonists - but - opted to edit rather than rest said posters!

USE IGNORE!

EDITED again by OKD.

Woanz - as someone that currently holds the record for being banned & then be allowed back - you should know better.

Keep it to football & Forest.

If you can't - as ever - I can help you.

Heed the warning - it's the last you will get! :13:

Our Kids Dad - 18/5/2017 13:25

LyttleByLyttle - 18/5/2017 13:11

This ones heading for the freezer. The second in two days.

Pop each other on ignore chaps :78:

Exactly - I thought they had put each other on ignore.

A few may well have noticed a few disappearing posts - this was to nip a situation in the bud.

No need from either of the protagonists - but - opted to edit rather than rest said posters!

USE IGNORE!

Or the alerts function a few hundred times...

Interesting article in regards to positions being filled.

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2017/05/18/marinakis-takes-control-nottingham-forest-sets-sights-return-glory-days/

Looks like it's been taken down.

18th May 2017
Nottingham Forest's City Ground
By Paul Nicholson

May 18 – The long expected sale of Nottingham Forest has been completed with NF Football Investments (NFFI), headed by Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis, taking 100% control.

The shares were bought from the Kuwaiti Al-Hasawi family and although no figue was announced for the deal estimates put the final sales figure at about £50 million.

Marinkakis is joined on the NFFI board by fellow Greek businessman Sokratis Kominakis, also a former chairman of Olympiacos. Nicholas Randall, QC, will chair the club while Ioannis Vrentzos, who has been CEO of Olympiacos since 2010, will become CEO at Forest.

“Our intention is to keep Nottingham Forest thoroughly embedded in English football culture,” said Marinakis.

“What we have achieved in national and European football with Olympiacos FC, we want to duplicate with Nottingham Forest. Forest is one of England’s oldest Clubs and one with a proud history of national and international excellence. Our objective is to bring back the glory days. We are football people to the core and we love and know the game,” he continued.

“We want to rekindle Forest’s past success and we are committed to the Club for the long term. What the Club needs is a solid and time-tested management, a professional Board, and above all, the best possible football management and players.”

Samantha Gordon will stay on at the club as chief financial officer while David Cook joins as chief commercial officer from Etihad Airways where he was Senior Sponsorship Manager.

Marinakis also praised the team for avoiding relegation from the Championship and gave his support to manager Mark Warburton saying: “We will provide Mark and his team with the time and support necessary to rebuild the team and create the conditions for success. In this regard I am pleased to confirm that we have agreed a contract extension for Frank McParland as Sport Director.”

The club’s is to launch two initiatives this summer to widen inclusiveness for fans. The first is the formation of an Advisory Council made up of members of Nottingham’s higher education institutions, the second is the Nottingham Forest Youth Council, whose chair will be represent the views and aspirations of Nottingham’s youth to the Nottingham Forest Board.

Nottingham Forest is one of England’s best known clubs having had their most successful period was under the management of Brian Clough between 1975 and 1993, winning the League in 1978 and back to back European Cups in the two years after.

Forest joined the Football League in 1892 and have mostly competed in the top two League tiers, bar five seasons in the third tier. They were relegated from the Premier League in 1999 and have struggled under various owners to return.

the jock - 18/5/2017 13:58

thank god fawaz is gone. praise allah.

5 years of my life I will never get back.

Its the 5 years of my sons life I worry about as Im now almost past caring, had my time & was spoilt rotten

Would just love some kind of success for my boy. No idea if we are any closer to that under Marinakis but one thing I can say for certain no chance under Fawaz.

nearly got to the end without mentioning old big 'ead.

Wagers on Etihad sponsorship within the next 12 months for shirts/stadium?

They posted it too soon before official confirmation lol..... oh well that sounds like music to my ears and again Sniffer correct about Vrentsoz.

Calvin Plummer - 18/5/2017 14:14

Will this mean he dumps yet more shite players on us?

If he's paid 50m he's off his nut.

There's alot of positive stuff in that statement and you only can reply with negative.

Great stuff.

Wonder what the commercial guy from Etihad will bring to us?

Nothing about improving any stadium facilities in there.

hopefully our club will feel like a club again. and not some rich boys toy who had a fantasy of getting us into Europe when he didn't have a fooking clue.

Insideworldfootball.com obviously published an embargoed press release. Paul Taylor has just said he's cancelled his day off so he's obviously waiting around for the emabrgo time to pass.

Just checked out NF Football Investments on Companies House. Says EM owns over 75% of the shares, so sounds like the 50/50 split with him and Kominakis was incorrect.

I'm getting exited now.