Takeover NOT Collapsed | Vital Football

Takeover NOT Collapsed

MarvinsPA

Vital Squad Member
As soon as the Football League accept the Greek proposal the rebrand & relocate the club, it's on.

You heard it here first.

Though some of the words may have been changed to protect the truth.

I have heard similar

Come on you Nottingham United Lionz!

Can't wait to get the boat down to the floating stadium at Colwick lakes, the new badge is excellent as well. Though obviously it will provoke much snerting from those with links to old regime.

Mark Warburton appears confident that EM means business; although I am not sure using words like aggressive will go down too well:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/mark-warburton-expects-evangelos-marinakis-will-have-aggressive-ambitions-for-nottingham-forest/story-30334095-detail/story.html

"Warburton says he did seek assurances he would continue to be backed moving forward, once the takeover is completed.

But, as well as receiving those, he has also been told the new owners will arrive with big ambitions for the City Ground club."

Interesting link to an article published the world renown "Inside World Football posted on LTLF that paints a totally different picture of the big man:

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2017/02/15/exclusive-olympiacoss-evangelos-marinakis-enough-mr-bad-guy/#.WRDJOoN4iPU.facebook

A few of the salient points:

While the allegations have been levied against him literally non-stop over the past five years, the evidence has so far been proven non- existent and one by one, both the courts and sports regulators, have dismissed all charges against him.

“The things that I am accused of couldn’t be further from my mentality and the way I operate as a person. They are not only untrue, they are unthinkable.  I do not answer publicly, by choice. Maybe it is a mistake since others speak all the time, but it is not in my philosophy to feed the small minded vicious cycle of unsubstantiated ‘yellow’ rumors. I prefer justice to take its course no matter how long this will take in Greece.” says Marinakis wryly in the smart offices of his global shipping company in London’s Kensington.

He is smiling when referring to one of his arch rivals, Giannis Alafouzos, president of Panathinaikos and owner of SKAI TV whose family also owns Kathimerini newspaper a@@@@ other media. Alafouzos has not been shy to use his media to attack Marinakis and has been convicted in the courts (three times including suspended prison sentences) of breaking Greek privacy laws as a direct result of it.

Marinakis has also been linked with buying an English club – Nottingham Forest – but that deal appears to have fallen through. Rumors have it that he is still in the marketplace and there is no doubt that he has both interest and ambition

“In Greece (with Olympiacos) we have done everything we possibly can; we have broken records. We have raised the standards in Greek football. We have united the spirits and the hearts of the great Olympiacos family of fans both in the field as well as in all other activities we undertake to help socially challenged groups in these difficult times.  

So far so good but there is a bigger challenge ahead of us. To keep excelling in everything we do. In parallel, the football market is a fascinating business. I have grown in the understanding of the business and I like the dynamics of the market”

This suggests that there is more to come in terms of football investing and he makes no secret that the marketplace attracts his competitive spirit.

I think people may start warming to him once they realise he does not eat babies or did not fake the moon landings or any of the other atrocities he has been accused of.

Hope Sniffer keeps on posting despite some childish fookwits trying to discredit him, seemingly out of sheer jealousy.

mao tse tung - 16/5/2017 11:35

Interesting link to an article published the world renown "Inside World Football posted on LTLF that paints a totally different picture of the big man:

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2017/02/15/exclusive-olympiacoss-evangelos-marinakis-enough-mr-bad-guy/#.WRDJOoN4iPU.facebook

While the allegations have been levied against him literally non-stop over the past five years, the evidence has so far been proven non- existent and one by one, both the courts and sports regulators, have dismissed all charges against him.

“The things that I am accused of couldn’t be further from my mentality and the way I operate as a person. They are not only untrue, they are unthinkable.  I do not answer publicly, by choice. Maybe it is a mistake since others speak all the time, but it is not in my philosophy to feed the small minded vicious cycle of unsubstantiated ‘yellow’ rumors. I prefer justice to take its course no matter how long this will take in Greece.” says Marinakis wryly in the smart offices of his global shipping company in London’s Kensington.

He is smiling when referring to one of his arch rivals, Giannis Alafouzos, president of Panathinaikos and owner of SKAI TV whose family also owns Kathimerini newspaper a@@@@ other media. Alafouzos has not been shy to use his media to attack Marinakis and has been convicted in the courts (three times including suspended prison sentences) of breaking Greek privacy laws as a direct result of it.

Marinakis has also been linked with buying an English club – Nottingham Forest – but that deal appears to have fallen through. Rumors have it that he is still in the marketplace and there is no doubt that he has both interest and ambition

“In Greece (with Olympiacos) we have done everything we possibly can; we have broken records. We have raised the standards in Greek football. We have united the spirits and the hearts of the great Olympiacos family of fans both in the field as well as in all other activities we undertake to help socially challenged groups in these difficult times.  

So far so good but there is a bigger challenge ahead of us. To keep excelling in everything we do. In parallel, the football market is a fascinating business. I have grown in the understanding of the business and I like the dynamics of the market”

This suggests that there is more to come in terms of football investing and he makes no secret that the marketplace attracts his competitive spirit.

I think people may start warming to him once they realise he does not eat babies or did not fake the moon landings or any of the other atrocities he has been accused of.

Incredibly bizarre watching you run interference for this scumbag.

PVH - 16/5/2017 12:53

Hope Sniffer keeps on posting despite some childish fookwits trying to discredit him, seemingly out of sheer jealousy.

+1

*nods in agreement

Agreed. It is shameful how he has been treated.

We haven't had ITK this accurate since He Who Shall Not Be Named.

HashtagPrayForSniffer

mao tse tung - 16/5/2017 11:12

Mark Warburton appears confident that EM means business; although I am not sure using words like aggressive will go down too well:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/mark-warburton-expects-evangelos-marinakis-will-have-aggressive-ambitions-for-nottingham-forest/story-30334095-detail/story.html

"Warburton says he did seek assurances he would continue to be backed moving forward, once the takeover is completed.

But, as well as receiving those, he has also been told the new owners will arrive with big ambitions for the City Ground club."

To be fair he says "the goals for moving forward will be aggressive". I think this should be the case, why have goals that we will pursue without some drive and focus?

Cue puns.

LyttleByLyttle - 16/5/2017 14:04

HashtagPrayForSniffer

This +1

The stirring by some against particular forums and innocents is shocking

I blame Jeremy Kyle and wor lass

Calvin Plummer - 16/5/2017 13:25

I don't do bandwagons CP!

I have attempted to read as much as I can about Marianakis so that I can form my own view point.

The interview above may well have been incredibly tame, but there is one inescapable fact that you just cannot get away from; his chief accuser is the one with the convictions, which includes a suspended prison sentence.

Most of the allegations against EM have been directly attributed to Alafouzos and his media outlets; most of the allegations have been investigated and dismissed.

EM is either very clever or very lucky; or very innocent.

As things stand I have nothing to form a bad opinion on; when that changes so will my opinion.

HashtagPrayForSniffer

"He Who Shall Not Be Named"

You mean MA

Keep Bangers cousin out of this one

Apollyon - 16/5/2017 14:32

HashtagPrayForSniffer

This +1

There's really no need.

If OKD has any sense he will give you the rest on the month off so that you can reflect on your behaviour.

Apollyon - 16/5/2017 14:32

HashtagPrayForSniffer

This +1

I'd suggest that you use the ignore function.

I can't be arsed with this completely un-necessary argument between you 2.

Banter only goes so far and whilst there is plenty of stirring from the usual culprits - I'd rather that one & all try to actually behave as adults.

Please take this as the gentle warning it is meant to be.

This is not just aimed at you - it applies to others to, but it was easier to quote this particular post.

Please do me a favour - I have way too much work to do, rather than referee the kids in the playground!

Sniffer Dog - 16/5/2017 14:55

Here we go again.
Are you going to sort this OKD or not?

Look I do get it - some of you don't get on & in most scenarios it takes 2 to tango, before the rest wade in with their twopenneth - trying to goad and escalate the situation.

Please try the ignore function.

As stated - the majority on here are supposed to be adults, sadly the behaviour is anything but.

Silly season is in full effect already :21:

mao tse tung - 16/5/2017 15:05

Calvin Plummer - 16/5/2017 13:25

I don't do bandwagons CP!

I have attempted to read as much as I can about Marianakis so that I can form my own view point.

The interview above may well have been incredibly tame, but there is one inescapable fact that you just cannot get away from; his chief accuser is the one with the convictions, which includes a suspended prison sentence.

Most of the allegations against EM have been directly attributed to Alafouzos and his media outlets; most of the allegations have been investigated and dismissed.

EM is either very clever or very lucky; or very innocent.

As things stand I have nothing to form a bad opinion on; when that changes so will my opinion.

The bandwagon appears to be, "anyone but Fawaz". You're well and truly on it...the vast majority of posts regarding EM tend to be along the lines of you can't be rich without being corrupt, therefore it's all ok.

I think only Pope, Pebble and Plummer have voiced real doubt over his fitness.

I don't take the view that you cant be rich without being corrupt, and I am certainly not in the anyone but Fawaz camp.

As for the three of you being correct about his fitness; you could well be but there is nothing out there at the moment that suggests you are.

I would guess that you are forming opinion more on instinct than fact; nothing wrong with that, its just that I do not agree.

If I turn out to be wrong, too bad; you can only go on what is in the public domain.