Takeover collapse? ?? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Takeover collapse? ??

Fritz24 - 15/5/2017 11:07

Greek media suggesting it'll be Socrates Kominakis, rather than Marinakis himself, who'll be Chairman should everything get completed.

http://www.sdna.gr/news-english/article/329035/kominakis-set-chairman-role-nottingham-forest

Seems to be a sensible approach. EM can then be just a name in the background and if all goes wrong for him in Greece, he can remain that, just a name in the background, who has no 'control' over the club.

toms - 15/5/2017 11:00

mao tse tung - 15/5/2017 10:24

toms - 15/5/2017 10:15

If I were in the FL I would say no given what appears to be clouds over this potential buyer...can you imagine the scene if they said fine sure and then he was guilty of something. Don't know what the test is but if there is any reasonableness element in decision making this may be what is causing delay-maybe they are just not sure and the question is whether this lack of certainty is sufficient for them to say no

"reasonableness element"

I was wondering how long it would be before Rob1 reappeared!

The FL can only assess on what has actually happened.

They can refuse to assess if there are issues pending, like they did last August.

They cannot make decisions on what might happen.

Unless they are sat on some damning information that is not yet in the public domain, they cannot refuse him.

Mao please set out the fit and proper person test that the FL use with examples of how it has been interpreted and implemented with specific reference to matters currently on going but not yet proved

I cannot find any reference to the FL's test criteria; however, you can find the rules stipulated by the PL below:

This is the Premier League's fit and proper person test:
DISQUALIFYING EVENTS:

A person shall be disqualified from acting as a director and no club shall be permitted to have any person acting as a director of that club if:

Either directly or indirectly he is involved in or has any power to determine or influence the management or administration of another club or Football League club

Either directly or indirectly he holds or acquires any Significant Interest in a club while he either directly or indirectly holds any interest in any class of shares of another club

He becomes prohibited by law from being a director

He is convicted on indictment of an offence set out in the Appendix 12 Schedule of Offences or he is convicted of a like offence by a competent court having jurisdiction outside England and Wales

He makes an Individual Voluntary Arrangement or becomes the subject of an Interim Bankruptcy Restriction Order, a Bankruptcy Restriction Order or a Bankruptcy Order

He is a director of a club which, while he has been a director of it, has suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency

He has been a director of two or more clubs or clubs each of which, while he has been a director of them, has suffered an Event of Insolvency.
SCHEDULE OF OFFENCES:

Conspiracy to defraud: Criminal Justice Act 1987, section 12
Conspiracy to defraud: Common Law
Corrupt transactions with (public) agents, corruptly accepting consideration: Prevention of Corruption Act 1906, section 1
Insider dealing: Criminal Justice Act 1993, sections 52 and 61
Public servant soliciting or accepting a gift: Public Bodies (Corrupt Practices) Act 1889, section 1
Theft: Theft Act 1968, section 1
Obtaining by deception: Theft Act 1968, section 15
Obtaining a money transfer by deception: Theft Act 1968, section 15A + B
Obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception: Theft Act 1968, section 16
False accounting: Theft Act 1968, section 17
False statements by Company Directors: Theft Act 1968, section 19
Suppression of (company) documents: Theft Act 1968, section 20
Retaining a wrongful credit: Theft Act 1968, section 24A
Obtaining services by deception: Theft Act 1978, section 1
Evasion of liability by deception: Theft Act 1978, section 2
Cheating the Public Revenue/Making false statements tending to defraud the public revenue: Common Law
Punishment for fraudulent training: Companies Act 1985, section 458
Penalty for fraudulent evasion of duty etc: Customs & Excise Management Act 1979, section 170
Fraudulent evasion of VAT: Value Added Tax Act 1994 section 72
Person subject to a Banning order (as defined) : Football (Disorder) Act 2000, Schedule 1
Forgery: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 1
Copying a false instrument : Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 2
Using a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 3
Using a copy of a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 4
Cheating the Public Revenue/ Making false statements tending to defraud the public revenue: Common Law
Punishment for fraudulent training: Companies Act 1985, section 458
Penalty for fraudulent evasion of duty etc: Customs & Excise Management Act 1979, section 170
Fraudulent evasion of VAT: Value Added Tax Act 1994, section 72
Person subject to a Banning order (as defined): Football (Disorder) Act 2000, Schedule 1
Forgery: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 1
Copying a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 2
Using a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 3
Using a copy of a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 4

toms - 15/5/2017 11:00

If I were in the FL I would say no given what appears to be clouds over this potential buyer...can you imagine the scene if they said fine sure and then he was guilty of something. Don't know what the test is but if there is any reasonableness element in decision making this may be what is causing delay-maybe they are just not sure and the question is whether this lack of certainty is sufficient for them to say no

"reasonableness element"

They can refuse to assess if there are issues pending, like they did last August.

Unless they are sat on some damning information that is not yet in the public domain, they cannot refuse him.

Mao please set out the fit and proper person test that the FL use with examples of how it has been interpreted and implemented with specific reference to matters currently on going but not yet proved

That read like an exam question when I first looked at it.

toms - 15/5/2017 11:01

"reasonableness element"

Are there any issues still pending?

Not that I can see, but that does not mean there aren't any.

Some people appear to have believed Fawaz when he said the deal was 99% complete.

This, despite the fact that Fawaz is at best, economical with the truth.

Moreover, I'd say Fawaz hasn't got the feintest idea on these kind of timescales, but that's by the by.

John Percy Via Twitter just now

#nffc takeover update #302. Evangelos Marinakis is with the EFL today, deal is getting closer. Minor issues which should be resolved soon

shabbaRed - 15/5/2017 13:06

#nffc takeover update #302. Evangelos Marinakis is with the EFL today, deal is getting closer. Minor issues which should be resolved soon

Isn't this the same way the American take over went? Minor hold ups, should all be completed soon, shit it's all off guys, Fawaz can't find a bloody pen.

shabbaRed - 15/5/2017 13:06

EFL want 1m upfront in Swiss bank account, EM wants to pay in instalments.

Reminds me of the old play "much ado about nothing".

None of us knows anything definite about the set up yet but no reason to think it won't happen.
Give it time lads, be patient. I know it's hard for a supporter to do but it's never too late to learn.

Wonder if it comes with age?

John Percy follows up with this

agree Owen. Believe Issues are method of funding etc and should be resolved. Fawaz knows its over

Old Red Fart - 15/5/2017 13:33

None of us knows anything definite about the set up yet but no reason to think it won't happen.
Give it time lads, be patient. I know it's hard for a supporter to do but it's never too late to learn.

I've forgotten either way!

Old Red Fart - 15/5/2017 13:33

More like waiting for Godot

Wish there was a pill for dementia, I remember discussing in a while back when & chicken & bacon sandwich would be lovely thank you.

Apparently the delay is to do with the method of funding the deal, whatever that means.

Kominakis reportedly heading over the run the show and a geezer called Koulis Dourekas will be his side kick.

mao tse tung - 15/5/2017 15:22

Apparently the delay is to do with the method of funding the deal, whatever that means.

Kominakis reportedly heading over the run the show and a geezer called Koulis Dourekas will be his side kick.

Not sure if it's this but I know the league are entitled to ask for proof that the money is coming from a legitimate source.

Apollyon - 15/5/2017 16:22

Will Vrentzos now being selling his property to Kominakis?

Are you seriously telling me that Vrentzos was never in Nottingham?
Because I am telling you that he was (before the deal fell through).

Now for your information and in case you have forgot, the EFL stopped that deal from going through didn't they? So, do you think that Vrentzos would still come back and live in Nottingham? When the deal had fallen through? Of course not.

Stop trying to be a smart arse.

And I will tell you something else. Marinakis has since moved Vrentzos onto a new project. He is chief Negotiator for the Greek side in negotiations with the Chinese company COSCO who are investing heavily in Piraeus (and possibly Olympiakos too).

I await your snide comments (but I won't be replying).