Takeover collapse? ?? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Takeover collapse? ??

So Jimmy, an IT company has just installed gear worth how much? at the city ground with no guarantee of payment unless of course they insisted on payment up front which I personally very much doubt. You see, that's how business in the real world is conducted. Makes some of the statements from "business men" on here look a bit stupid don't you think?

redreg - 14/5/2017 14:44

Been to the club today for the boys forest festival, new electronic scanners at all turnstiles, whos paid for this if the takeover has not happened?

They have been there for weeks. It was the week of the Blackburn game or the home game before that.

Changing the season ticket to an electronic system is a spend to save measure and actually quite a good one. This has been planned for months.

jbacsta - 15/5/2017 00:03

So Jimmy, an IT company has just installed gear worth how much? at the city ground with no guarantee of payment unless of course they insisted on payment up front which I personally very much doubt. You see, that's how business in the real world is conducted. Makes some of the statements from "business men" on here look a bit stupid don't you think?

Forest have a crap reputation for paying. Forest may well not have a line of credit or an account with the supplier so payment via proforma invoice is more than likely and happens all the time. My wife's company have one of their regular customers, a huge company, on proforma because they are crap payers.

Payment before supply is actually quite common, especially to companies or organisations who are as bad at paying as Forest

Realblustone - 15/5/2017 06:41

Go Jimmy go. Dig some dirt on these nasty Greeks.

Do you think that the owners of football clubs shouldn't be subject to scrutiny and that their intentions should automatically be assumed to be benevolent?

Widdow - 14/5/2017 16:52

Some reporters and of course Fawaz need to know what the word imminent means. Seems to been imminent for months. The American bid was imminent and looked what happened to that, as was the original Greek bid.

And dont start me on bloody football league, always have it in for us and take months to green light this. It must be there fault when it's 99% done :18: :6:

Sign here :96:

Yeah I'm bored. 89:

I'm not sure the FL can drag their feet.

They can request supplementary information or clarification of certain points but that must be actioned in a reasonable time.

They cannot play for time or make an arbitrary decision to refuse him fit and proper accreditation or it would be discriminatory.

factchecker - 15/5/2017 08:51

Realblustone - 15/5/2017 06:41

Go Jimmy go. Dig some dirt on these nasty Greeks.

Do you think that the owners of football clubs shouldn't be subject to scrutiny and that their intentions should automatically be assumed to be benevolent?

Of course they should, even if the level of scrutiny currently employed is pretty worthless.

We all know that it is almost impossible to fail the FL fit and proper person test. If the owners of Coventry City can, then any bugger can

If I were in the FL I would say no given what appears to be clouds over this potential buyer...can you imagine the scene if they said fine sure and then he was guilty of something. Don't know what the test is but if there is any reasonableness element in decision making this may be what is causing delay-maybe they are just not sure and the question is whether this lack of certainty is sufficient for them to say no

toms - 15/5/2017 10:15

If I were in the FL I would say no given what appears to be clouds over this potential buyer...can you imagine the scene if they said fine sure and then he was guilty of something. Don't know what the test is but if there is any reasonableness element in decision making this may be what is causing delay-maybe they are just not sure and the question is whether this lack of certainty is sufficient for them to say no

Nah, you can't refuse to sanction a purchase on the grounds that something could potentially happen in the future.

Can you imagine if they did & then Forest got promoted, Marinakis would take them to the cleaners of loss of potential earnings & there is no way the FL can afford that, that's why everyone passes.

"reasonableness element"

I was wondering how long it would be before Rob1 reappeared!

The FL can only assess on what has actually happened.

They can refuse to assess if there are issues pending, like they did last August.

They cannot make decisions on what might happen.

Unless they are sat on some damning information that is not yet in the public domain, they cannot refuse him.

MarvinsPA - 15/5/2017 10:21

Nah, you can't refuse to sanction a purchase on the grounds that something could potentially happen in the future.

Can you imagine if they did & then Forest got promoted, Marinakis would take them to the cleaners of loss of potential earnings & there is no way the FL can afford that, that's why everyone passes.

The FL would cave in at the very first sign of legal action.

mao tse tung - 15/5/2017 10:24

"reasonableness element"

They can refuse to assess if there are issues pending, like they did last August.

Unless they are sat on some damning information that is not yet in the public domain, they cannot refuse him.

Mao please set out the fit and proper person test that the FL use with examples of how it has been interpreted and implemented with specific reference to matters currently on going but not yet proved

"reasonableness element"

Mao please set out the fit and proper person test that the FL use with examples of how it has been interpreted and implemented with specific reference to matters currently on going but not yet proved

"reasonableness element"

Are there any issues still pending?

Greek media suggesting it'll be Socrates Kominakis, rather than Marinakis himself, who'll be Chairman should everything get completed.

http://www.sdna.gr/news-english/article/329035/kominakis-set-chairman-role-nottingham-forest

toms - 15/5/2017 11:01

"reasonableness element"

Are there any issues still pending?

I was under the impression that one set of charges had been dropped but EM was awaiting the decision of the Greek public prosecutor about whether charges relating to another set of alleged misdemeanors would be made. Cant remember where I read that, but I did. It was someone who was Greece based who read in our media that all charges had been dropped. He wanted to correct those statements.

But regardless of all that, we're all assuming there's a delay with the EFL. At what stage did we start assuming that that Fawaz, who presumably is the source of these 99%, and ''any day' stories, was intelligent enough/informed enough/shrewd enough to accurately predict the timescales for a process a governing body is going through right now?

I'm not going to waste my week F5'ing as I have done in the past.