T' Brentford game. | Page 4 | Vital Football

T' Brentford game.

I think we need at least 4 if not 5 wins to stay up if we have the points deduction. Huge ask but if we play our best every game we have the fixtures to do it.

Got to hope 3 sides get cut adrift to give us the best chance. Not sure they will though I think it could be a record high points total to survive this year - just our luck!

I think whatever the team manages to do it will not be enough. We just dont have enough games left to pull it around if we had 12 more maybe. So sadly I think we have to accept League One again next season ( but hey we've had some great times there recently) I just prey we will find a good owner because no Wigan Athletic is unthinkable it has been my whole life for 65 years and without it I dread to think.

Can someone explain why we need 15 points from 15 when we are already 4 to 6 points clear of the five other clubs who are battling to avoid 22nd place. Assuming we can outpoint the bottom 2. We will need 3 wins and (maybe) 1 draw from out last 5 games. Or even 2 wins and 3 draws, dependent upon other results.

I am not counting chickens until they come home to roost.

I really think 57 points would be enough as long as 3 of those points arrive by beating Hull assuming WBA dont blow it🤞

One game at a time. Starting wed. win that first then hopefully 2more wins be great if we needed to beat Fulham last day. Won and then stuck to fingers up to the Efl

West Brom 4-2 up against Hull. That will do with 2 mins left. 5 pts clear of Hull 6 Pts clear of Middlesbrough 5 and 8 goal difference advantage. Would it piss the EFL if we stayed up including the penalty 12 on goal difference??

It’s out of our hands. If we get out of this situation it will rank higher than all the last gasp escapes we saw in our Prem days. We need two wins more than Middlesboro to survive. As others have said we need to aim for at least four more wins with games against our relegation rivals. We will have to play our of our skins to have any chance. We need all the players playing at full tilt and we badly need Balogun in the side and keeping himself fit for every game. For me Balogun is to us what Benrahma is to Brentford. He’s that important

Can someone explain why we need 15 points from 15 when we are already 4 to 6 points clear of the five other clubs who are battling to avoid 22nd place. Assuming we can outpoint the bottom 2. We will need 3 wins and (maybe) 1 draw from out last 5 games. Or even 2 wins and 3 draws, dependent upon other results.

I am not counting chickens until they come home to roost.

We don't know what other teams will pick up but 3rd bottom currently on 44. Let's say they pick up 2 wins and a draw from the last 5 games. We'd need 4 wins and a draw to finish level with them afters a points deduction.

Ideally the current bottom 3 pick up zero points and give us an easy ride but in these relegation battles teams fighting for their lives often pull off results so realistically 4 or 5 wins is what we are looking at.

Now I might be a tad optimistic here but.....these are the final points tally of our nearest and dearest. I've not bothered about Barnsley or Luton so apologies to them, no disrespect meant.

Huddersfield...51 pts.
Stoke...50 pts.
Hull....49 pts ( They play Luton home last ).
Charlton...48 pts.
Middlesbrough....47 pts.

Therefore 59 should be enough ( 3 wins ) or 61 even better ( 3 wins 2 draws ).

Fingers crossed that we do our part, if not it's over anyway.

Now I might be a tad optimistic here but.....these are the final points tally of our nearest and dearest. I've not bothered about Barnsley or Luton so apologies to them, no disrespect meant.

Huddersfield...51 pts.
Stoke...50 pts.
Hull....49 pts ( They play Luton home last ).
Charlton...48 pts.
Middlesbrough....47 pts.

Therefore 59 should be enough ( 3 wins ) or 61 even better ( 3 wins 2 draws ).

Fingers crossed that we do our part, if not it's over anyway.
We can do this as long as we get of to a good start on wed

The big sticking point which ultimately looks like being what relegates us at this stage is finding that third side to get past. Despite Boro being lower down, I still think Hull is the key target. They are seven points ahead of us. If we beat them that turns into four points. Which gives us four games (12 points) to get four points than them to overtake them on goal difference. In a fantasy world, if we were to win all four of those games they would need to win three and I don't they are good enough to do that.

Ultimately all we can do is take it one game at a time. QPR next and their win today basically guarantees their survival so they now have nothing to play for. I'll never forget Swansea at home against a side with nothing to play for and they relegated us. So we have to show the desire and play it like it's the last chance we have. Hull kick off just after us so a win would put huge pressure on them.

If we go into the final game knowing that a win keeps us up without any other results needed on the last day, I'd snap your arm off right now for that scenario. It's going to be a massive task to get there though.

There is of course the possibility (specifically, the glass overflowing view), that if we do win the next 5 games, and results go our way elsewhere, and (for any number of reasons) we don't get any points reduction whatsoever ................... that we might still make the play offs.

:yes:

:cheers:

;)

Just put another thread up about remaining fixtures I'm thinking we are going to need something like 62 points at least.