T' Brentford game. | Page 3 | Vital Football

T' Brentford game.

Red card. Like last season it will be rescinded. Never actually made contact. Not sure why the player was feigning injury.

Worst fixture we could have possibly had at the worst time. Write it off and move on. 15 points left to get somehow someway. It's about getting those players to believe they can win them all. I would give anything for an early goal on Wednesday, because we need to get the players celebrating and positive again.

Just give our best shot...we can ask no more.

What happened to Balagun ? ( not sure on spelling )

Not sure, he went down after a goalmouth scramble in our box, but replay showed he wasn’t the one of the blue shirts, blocking or going to ground. Commentary team thought it was his calf or his ankle....didn’t see a slip or a collision but 4 minutes on the clock and he was off (didn’t help!).
He may have turned his ankle ? but our players were slipping all over the place ...pitch looked fine and it certainly didn’t hinder the home side so whether we opted for the wrong studs ...don’t know ?

Just give our best shot...we can ask no more.

What happened to Balagun ? ( not sure on spelling )

Picked up an injury after 10mins, I dont think too serious as he was chatting in the stands and then strolling over to try to confront the ref at the end.
Danny Fox did okay when he came on and Kipre is immense. I'm not going to criticise any players as o normally do as they've all had a very difficult week.

Yep, no criticism from me either. Done over by the club owner, governing body and haven’t been paid. Human nature suggest it will have affected their preparation and mentality regardless of what we think. I just hope they can dig out another win in next fortnight or so and start on nought next season should we have a next season.

Was always gonna be hard today because Brentford are a fantastic side who look every part a Premier League team in the making. Could see the effort was there from the lads but they weren’t quite at the top of their game as was on Tuesday and Brentford were. The run of the ball went against us for first two but no complaints as we were 2nd best today... or perhaps one complaint as Garners red wasn’t even a foul for me.

We go again against QPR and have 4 very winnable games in a row now which will make or break the season pending any appeal against the 12 points.

To be honest at this point I would gladly accept having us in league one next season as it would mean we survived as a club and hopefully would be in a better place financially. Can’t imagine football without the tics and can’t imagine life without football.

Tough game today but I’m glad to be able to have this feeling after a Wigan loss and hopefully will get this and the elation from our wins many more time over many more years.

Not sure I’d have Barnsley and Charlton away in current circumstances as ‘very winnable’ as they’ll both be tough....but fair enough ....certainly more winnable than Brentford away !

I think we need at least 4 if not 5 wins to stay up if we have the points deduction. Huge ask but if we play our best every game we have the fixtures to do it.

Got to hope 3 sides get cut adrift to give us the best chance. Not sure they will though I think it could be a record high points total to survive this year - just our luck!

Not going to criticize the players (or even the manager) today. Even putting the week's off the pitch events aside, I actually thought we played reasonably well. We were just beaten by an absolutely excellent team. They're the best team in the Championship by a mile from what I've seen. It's no fluke they're where they are... In fact I'd say it's probably more of a fluke that they're not in the top two, because everything they do, they do brilliantly.

It's the worst opposition we could've had today in the circumstances. A win would've been massive, but it's no reflection on the players or manager that we were beaten, so they need to forget today and focus on Wednesday.

On a separate note, kudos to every fan who put in whatever they could for the crowdfunding. Doesn't matter how much or how little it is, because we all have different budgets; any fan putting their hands in their own pockets to save the club is fantastic. It highlights even more what a fantastic spirit there is around the whole Latics family.

I still believe we can kick on and come out stronger in the long run. Let's stay positive.

Last edited:
Not going to criticize the players (or even the manager) today. Even putting the week's off the pitch events aside, I actually thought we played reasonably well. We were just beaten by an absolutely excellent team. They're the best team in the Championship by a mile from what I've seen. It's no fluke they're where they are... In fact I'd say it's probably more of a fluke that they're not in the top two, because everything they do, they do brilliantly.

It's the worst opposition we could've had today in the circumstances. A win would've been massive, but it's no reflection on the players or manager that we were beaten, so they need to forget today and focus on Wednesday.

On a separate note, kudos to every fan who put in whatever they could for the crowdfunding. Doesn't matter how much or how little it is, because we all have different budgets; any fan putting their hands in their own pockets to save the club is fantastic. It highlights even more what a fantastic spirit there is around the whole Latics family.

I still believe we can kick on and come out stronger in the long run. Let's stay positive.

Totally agree, although I think Paul Cook will need to treat them as he would after any defeat, and from what we know of him he absolutely will.

Most importantly though, the fact we can turn out our strongest squad without issue when other clubs have had players refuse to play for fear of ruining a potential move away speak volumes. The players, staff, fans, Lisa Nandy, wider Wigan public and fans at other clubs have all done themselves proud. We're a special club and will always do things differently

It's the rely on other result that always kills me. Watching the games on television are torture. You watch Hull tomorrow scab a 0-1 at West Brom to put us right up shit creek. Things not being on our hands is just so tough to stomach.

We potentially have 4 or ( depending on where Fulhams priority lies at the time ) 5 winnable games. I hope yesterday's mauling hasn't knocked our momentum too much.

We can only try our best to win our games and see where we are at then.