Surely dead man walking | Page 46 | Vital Football

Surely dead man walking

Sorry for the delay in replying KDZ.

My reasoning is quite simple, he was tasked with staying in the division at the start of the season and if he manages to do that then I believe he deserves a chance. He is new to this division and no doubt it has been a learning curve. I agree that some of the recruitment has not been great but are we sure that PC made the decisions? Indeed, do we really know what goes on with regard to recruitment in the club. It has been said that offers were made for players that were turned down and that these offers were for significant sums, perhaps PC has not been able to get hold of the players he wanted and had to take second or third best. The club has undergone a turgid time over the last twelve months with the takeover and the injury crisis we have had and I am of the opinion that this has played a part in the tactics and strategies PC has adopted. In my own opinion I would like to see him given the opportunity to prove that he is the man we thought him to be and give him at least the first part of the new season.

With regard to the other scenario with us dropping to league one, then I would want a proven manager at the helm and PC fits the bill. He has already brought us a title for this division and there is nothing to suggest he wouldn't do it again given the opportunity.

Another reason for retaining him would be the size of the payoff we would have to fork out to compensate him for three years left on his contract, and the effect this would have on any transfer budget that IEC might be considering.

I understand the argument you and others are making and to some degree I agree with the sentiments. I am taking a pragmatic approach looking at the financial implications and the fact that he is a proven winner at the lower level. Whereas I feel that there is a conflict of heart and head in removing him at present, and as I say I would be happy to allow him the start of next season if we maintain our position in the championship, but if there is no immediate improvement in form and results I would be then persuaded to let him go.

This is purely my opinion and I do not know whether it is the right way to go or not, but I stand by it. You are also entitled to your own opinion and no doubt one of us will eventually be shown to be right. Time will tell, and hopefully a result against Norwich in our favour will bring some cheer to the participants of this board.

Nice matter of fact post TB....Agree with some of your sentiments. Hope your right with a result against Norwich & some welcome cheer!!!

Well I didn't think I'd be worrying about PC so early on in the 2019/2020 campaign but it's getting a bit like ground hog day with our away form. Preston away defeat followed by an away defeat to an out of sorts Middlesbrough ( until they play us) - yet again more bad luck stories of near misses whilst on top of the game, more abject defending, injuries starting to hit.....it's all a bit like last season feel about it even this early in. Surely can't be any hiding place if we can't turn our away form around. Can we get anything from Loftus road next Saturday???

Im actually concerned how consistent these injury hits are, yeah it can be bad luck and freak, but when it consistently happens then some might think they are not training or being cared for correctly. Lots of leg problems involving calfs and hamstrings too!

Well I didn't think I'd be worrying about PC so early on in the 2019/2020 campaign but it's getting a bit like ground hog day with our away form. Preston away defeat followed by an away defeat to an out of sorts Middlesbrough ( until they play us) - yet again more bad luck stories of near misses whilst on top of the game, more abject defending, injuries starting to hit.....it's all a bit like last season feel about it even this early in. Surely can't be any hiding place if we can't turn our away form around. Can we get anything from Loftus road next Saturday???
Unless something radically changes absolutely not

Got to be gone this time surely......IEC must be thinking wtf have we done here. Shit to hear the news if true that Williams walked out of the after not making the squad!!

One of the big problems. Cook thinks he is one of the lads and at this level of football you can’t be Has no plan b can’t change a game signing league one players only as one out come Why do we sign players know one else wanted
should have got the lad from Preston ... from what I have seen. Was the best player against us and in there 3 home games. Been there star man

One of the big problems. Cook thinks he is one of the lads and at this level of football you can’t be Has no plan b can’t change a game signing league one players only as one out come Why do we sign players know one else wanted
should have got the lad from Preston ... from what I have seen. Was the best player against us and in there 3 home games. Been there star man
Cook does not have the ability to convince players to join in a vision, that is the reason the players he has signed have been promising ones from lower divisions.

Why should we wait until after Barnsley and then if we win, give Cooky a reprieve? I’m sorry, but for me he has to go NOW before any more damage is done. I can’t really see us improving looking at Cookys past record with us in the Championship.

Where's Moonay and the rest of the Cook fan club ?
Be interested in your thoughts after this latest shambles ! - Still supporting him ?
I've not run away mate, don't worry.

Another poor day. Not really sure why. I'm sure there are reasons, and those in the know will consider whether or not they justify Cook's sacking. Personally, I wouldn't, but then again, if I knew some of those reasons, I possibly would.

Some of the lads on here though couldn't wait to stick the boot in. Be the same with the next, and the next....... etc.

Always is.

Be interested in your thoughts after this latest shambles ! - Still supporting him ?
Having been to the game it is obvious the players are turning against Cook,so what to do?Drop the players and bring in youth or keep the players and sack Cook where upon the players disgraceful acts are rewarded!I know what i would do!!

Just read Cooks comments after the game. He is obviously gutted and says he is at his wits end. He was obviously embarrassed at the performance and says it was not what he wants to see. He admitted that if results continue he will be out of a job.

The players are obviously not learning or carrying out the instructions given to them. they must be working on things in training yet not bringing it to the games.

If as others have said PC has lost their trust then he must go. If they are not listening to the instructions or completely ignoring them on the pitch then it looks like that has happened. If we are going to change the management then I would rather it happened sooner rather than later to give the new guy chance to bring his ideas to the party and give him chance to decide on which players he wants to keep before the next window and the more games he has to assess them the better.

I am still a Paul Cook supporter, but sadly I do see his reign ending soon.

I've not run away mate, don't worry.

Another poor day. Not really sure why. I'm sure there are reasons, and those in the know will consider whether or not they justify Cook's sacking. Personally, I wouldn't, but then again, if I knew some of those reasons, I possibly would.

Some of the lads on here though couldn't wait to stick the boot in. Be the same with the next, and the next....... etc.

Always is.

Little bit unfair that imo Moonay, wen u think what we've put up with on the away game scene....apart from the odd match it's been dire for sometime & doesn't look like changing anytime soon. Maybe one or 2 might be happy to see him gone but in the main most of us want him to succeed. Have you seen his post match interview....looks crestfallen.

Having been to the game it is obvious the players are turning against Cook,so what to do?Drop the players and bring in youth or keep the players and sack Cook where upon the players disgraceful acts are rewarded!I know what i would do!!
Who are the ones turning is it as they like the manager at this level they are not good enough. My brother and his lad went left after 80 mins lucky for them they live down there

Bottom 3 tonight with after just 5 games gone in the championship we have a 6 pointer on the horizon against the mighty Barnsley.....think if we lose this then he's gone. Watched the post match interview n he looks like a lost man....

Just blown 2 six pointers. I don't think he'll go before the Barnsley game unfortunately and I think he'll grind out a win as Barnsley are crap too and prolong the agony and put off the inevitable a little longer.

I hope Royle is on the phone with replacements this week behind the scenes but accept the reality is getting Cook sacked and the new guy in for next Saturday could be tricky - so understand that leaving Cook in place for another week in a crucial game arguably makes more sense than having a care taker. But win lose or draw against Barnsley I'd sack him if we could get someone decent lined up and they'd have the international break to get some training sessions in.

Come on now it wasn't right when we had a thread trying to wind up posters who were pessimistic after the Cardiff game so let's not try and wind up the optimistic posters when we have a nightmare.

If we won today at a canter and Moonay was saying 'where are Cooks critics now' I'd say the same.

I'm at my wits end and crestfallen as well but not able to do owt about it - unlike Cook and frankly the whinging from him today is pathetic.
Sure I'm not the only one who's fed up of "hoping for better next week"
For sure the next manager needs to be more disciplinarian and detached (though not in a Rosler style obvs ?)
You can't manage with authority and at the same time be mates with the lads - doesn't succeed in any workplace.
If I went to my boss and said I was at my wits end with my team and couldn't motivate them or get them to do what i wanted my next meeting would be with the HR team.
Cooks had over a year to find a system to play away effectively and consistently. He has completely failed - enough us enough, get rid.