Sunderland vs Latics | Page 7 | Vital Football

Sunderland vs Latics

Simply that as club captain is merely an honorary title, there's no suggestion he'll play. Team captain is the one who'll be first name on the teamsheet.

Simply that as club captain is merely an honorary title, there's no suggestion he'll play. Team captain is the one who'll be first name on the teamsheet.
Mooney this is a PK tweet that prompted me to make the post....

Jones is the current No.1, the club captain, leader in the changing room and very close to Richardson...would be a huge statement to bench him from the off when he hasn't done anything wrong. Just my opinion, others are available.

Mooney this is a PK tweet that prompted me to make the post....

Jones is the current No.1, the club captain, leader in the changing room and very close to Richardson...would be a huge statement to bench him from the off when he hasn't done anything wrong. Just my opinion, others are available.
And I think he has also amended that since I originally read it

By "club captain", PK probably meant last year's team/club captain ...... hence his thought (elsewhere) that Power might take over.

If Jones starts tomorrow, then fine, but I doubt it will have anything to do with any honorary title. Regardless, I think Amos will start.

Heading to Sunderland tomorrow and actually meeting up with a few Sunderland fans and work colleagues.
Been asking them to give an honest opinion on our recent signings from SAFC.
They really like Power, his attitude and leadership skills but said he had slowed a lot and did expect him not to be given a new contract going forward.
Wyke - He is a bit slow but did last season have a good habit of being in the right place at the right time hence his goal tally last season. Previous seasons he had been a flop. Not too bothered about losing him this season.
Jones - Skilful player who runs well with the ball and has good pace. Had maybe 1 good game in 4 so consistence needs improvement. They would of been happy to see him stay for another season.
Really looking forward to the game tomorrow 👍👍

I imagine this will be the predicted line up (don't judge me, been months)

Amos
Darikwa Whatmough Long Robinson
Power Naylor
Lang Keane Jones
Humphreys

Ridiculous situation at the DW ticket office a couple of hours ago. Myself and at least 20 others asking for our tickets for Sunderland ....which we still hadn't arrived in the post this morning!
I know it's a new firm that's doing the ticketing....teething problems etc .....its crazy that quite a few of us have had to go to the stadium (imagine if you were working until 5 or 6pm) and ask for tickets because they either hadn't posted them, or they were delayed in the post. The game is only 24 hrs away!

Nobody in that ticket office appears to know what's happening. They need to sort things quickly or it's going to be chaos this season.

Ridiculous situation at the DW ticket office a couple of hours ago. Myself and at least 20 others asking for our tickets for Sunderland ....which we still hadn't arrived in the post this morning!
I know it's a new firm that's doing the ticketing....teething problems etc .....its crazy that quite a few of us have had to go to the stadium (imagine if you were working until 5 or 6pm) and ask for tickets because they either hadn't posted them, or they were delayed in the post. The game is only 24 hrs away!

Nobody in that ticket office appears to know what's happening. They need to sort things quickly or it's going to be chaos this season.
Did you get sorted?

Did you get sorted?
Yes thanks. Sorted in the end. They gave us some of the 203 unsold tickets (which are in different seats to the one's we'd bought) and cancelled the one's that we'd bought! ...work that one out?

I thought someone said yesterday that there was only 150 tickets left for Sunderland.....but apparently there was 203 left.
This of course means that anyone who wants to buy a ticket for Sunderland later this afternoon has less chance of getting one......as they've been giving out most of the 203 remaining tickets to fans who'd already bought another ticket .....but hadn't yet received it in the post!

Absolute chaos!

Surely Amos starts. You don't bring in one of the best keepers in the division to bench him.

I think a big factor in Darikwa getting the armband over other candidates is because Richardson is confident he will be starting every week if fit. While someone like Jones should in theory be in the bench and Power may be in and out of the side competing with Cousins, Naylor and maybe another new face.

The fact Darikwa has been made captain also makes me think the potential new right back we bring in will be back up rather than pushing him out of the side.

Just had a look and it appears that Sunderland haven't signed anyone new.

They were apparently close to bringing in a few new players but it seems they haven't got them done in time.

Apparently they are really down to the bare bones in defence, with no senior full backs. So it sounds like Lang and Jones could get a lot of joy if they get into wide areas.

They probably have to play Bailey Wright against us, but with the potential move to us being on the cards it could be a strange one.

My team tomorrow for what its worth

Amos
Darikwa (capt) :slap:
Whatmore
Long
Pierce

Power
Naylor

Lang
Keane
Wyke
Humphreys

Yes thanks. Sorted in the end. They gave us some of the 203 unsold tickets (which are in different seats to the one's we'd bought) and cancelled the one's that we'd bought! ...work that one out?

I thought someone said yesterday that there was only 150 tickets left for Sunderland.....but apparently there was 203 left.
This of course means that anyone who wants to buy a ticket for Sunderland later this afternoon has less chance of getting one......as they've been giving out most of the 203 remaining tickets to fans who'd already bought another ticket .....but hadn't yet received it in the post!

Absolute chaos!
Make sure you get to Sunderland early. 35k gate expected

If brother Kendrick has it right then looks like Jones could start. He states he is club captain and has done nothing wrong, especially in the second half of last season. And dropping him would send out a massive statement. He also says Jones and Richardson are good friends.

Liam really needs to be ruled by his head from the off, and not let sentiment cloud his judgement. We'll see tomorrow whether he makes, the right call🤞
Brother Kendrick should be doing his job and calling for Amos to start not being an echo chamber for his pal Leam - if he starts Jones he will rightly get stick for it.
As for the Jones has done nothing wrong line - did he not watch most games last year ?