Sunderland vs Latics | Page 9 | Vital Football

Sunderland vs Latics

Pathetic defending again by Captain Marvel
You mean the one who made the interception (and then cross) that led to our goal?

Don't try too hard Zakky. Surely you don't think that was a penalty. Not seen a replay, but on first sight, it was a really poor decision.

You mean the one who made the interception (and then cross) that led to our goal?

Don't try too hard Zakky. Surely you don't think that was a penalty. Not seen a replay, but on first sight, it was a really poor decision.
Stonewall penalty. Take your glasses off for christ sake. It's 2021, you can't step into someone inside the box or they will go down. He's got previous for it as well.

2-1 by the way, Richardson continuing to honour the well worn tradition of his former boss, going ahead away from home and ultimately caving in.

I'm not having this argument with you all season it was a penalty end of, again weak defending. Let's leave it at that
Stonewall penalty. Take your glasses off for christ sake. It's 2021, you can't step into someone inside the box or they will go down. He's got previous for it as well.
The Ref chose not to give the one on Edwards though .... which wasn't a pen either.

Regardless, the point about making our goal stands.

If we do lose this by the way, it's on the board for failing to sign a CB after having weeks to do so. No blame to the young lad, but it's absolutely criminal that Adam Long has wound up having to start this game.

Problem with Cook and Leam we always end up playing hoofball to suit the striker. We have always been better actually playing football and we have the players for it.

Definitely need to see some action in the transfer market though as this is a reality check.

Criticism from those too idle to get off their arses and go and support the team! Absolute no marks!!

Criticism from those too idle to get off their arses and go and support the team! Absolute no marks!!
My health comes before football. Come and see me at the ground next week and call me a no mark?

Sign some defenders and a creative midfielder. Cheers!

Jeez, 1 game into the season and already the criticism starts.
But it's all fair criticism, it's all things most had said about the squad BEFORE the match was played:
-Long and Darikwa are unfortunately not of the same level as the rest of the starting players.
-Naylor can at best only provide a sideway pass, and with Keane not dropping back the whole responsibility of moving the ball forward falls on Max, and it's just not his forte.
-The team isn't built around Wyke and as such he is basically one player less on the field. I rate him, honestly, but unless he magically develops into a new player he'll be an absolute waste.