Sunderland vs Latics | Page 6 | Vital Football

Sunderland vs Latics

You argue against free markets and competitive tendering for broadcasting rights.

Having your cake and now eating it.😀
Yet again you fail to maintain consistency with your opinions

No, No , No , No.
Think about it.
This would kill lower league football and then there would be no games to stream.
It wouldn't.
People who want to go to the game, would do, no matter what.
It's those people who can't afford a season ticket or pay £20+ every other week to go, who end up going down the route of illegal streaming.
Like I said, using a VPN gives you the opportunity to watch the game live with a great picture quality and no lagging, BUT you still have to pay.

No, No , No , No.
Think about it.
This would kill lower league football and then there would be no games to stream.
Just the EFL not the prem - different comp.
The folk who go to watch live games will go whether it's streamed or not.
How many are able to travel to Gillingham for a day out as an example ?

Just the EFL not the prem - different comp.
The folk who go to watch live games will go whether it's streamed or not.
How many are able to travel to Gillingham for a day out as an example ?
I think you have too much faith in people. Given a choice of travelling 1/2 hour(s) each way to watch a game live or on tv I know what a huge number would choose. Just look at those sitting in the pubs drinking & watching a live game - the value of their alcohol would be equivalent to the ticket price.

I think you have too much faith in people. Given a choice of travelling 1/2 hour(s) each way to watch a game live or on tv I know what a huge number would choose. Just look at those sitting in the pubs drinking & watching a live game - the value of their alcohol would be equivalent to the ticket price.
Its very rare pubs show EFL games nowadays.
Televised weekend games are either early kick offs when nobody is in the pub, or tea time kick offs when they clash with the Premier League game on BT Sport.
Midweek games are even worse, due to the Champions League coverage.

Sunderland is sorted and arrived. You can tell the change in ticketing system as previously you had to pay for postage and tickets came with a printed compliment slip with address on it. It’s less automated now with the poor ticket office assistants writing envelopes by hand.

Guess they’ll now be sending out season tickets and will have to get a shift on hand writing 6000 or so envelopes and getting them posted. I wouldn’t be surprised if everything isn’t yet up and running in terms of printing the season tickets (always be season tickets for me as can’t get used to season cards) and they send out the rotherham game as an individual ticket to an email address.

Sunderland is sorted and arrived. You can tell the change in ticketing system as previously you had to pay for postage and tickets came with a printed compliment slip with address on it. It’s less automated now with the poor ticket office assistants writing envelopes by hand.

Guess they’ll now be sending out season tickets and will have to get a shift on hand writing 6000 or so envelopes and getting them posted. I wouldn’t be surprised if everything isn’t yet up and running in terms of printing the season tickets (always be season tickets for me as can’t get used to season cards) and they send out the rotherham game as an individual ticket to an email address.
I can see the office staff coming down with Repetitive Strain Injury in the very near future 😳

I know for a fact the bookies have us 3/1 and I do not think for a second this is a 3/1 game. Time to strike whilst they are lower on numbers than ourselves i feel whilst the rod is hot from signing Wyke and Jones from under their noses. Max Power will want to prove his worth against them.

On a totally unrelated sidenote, I hope Richardson adopts the Paul Cook tradition of coming out before the players and applauding the fans on the pitch. He'd get an excellent reception and well deserved too.

It wouldn't.
People who want to go to the game, would do, no matter what.
It's those people who can't afford a season ticket or pay £20+ every other week to go, who end up going down the route of illegal streaming.
Like I said, using a VPN gives you the opportunity to watch the game live with a great picture quality and no lagging, BUT you still have to pay.
An element of the money also goes directly into our club as opposed to the team we're playing.

If brother Kendrick has it right then looks like Jones could start. He states he is club captain and has done nothing wrong, especially in the second half of last season. And dropping him would send out a massive statement. He also says Jones and Richardson are good friends.

Liam really needs to be ruled by his head from the off, and not let sentiment cloud his judgement. We'll see tomorrow whether he makes, the right call🤞