Summer transfers | Page 2 | Vital Football

Summer transfers

Riviere makes Ray Clarke and Bobby Shinton look like Messi and Ronaldo. The worst forward I've ever seen in B&W and I think he's only scored something like two goals in the 4 years since he left.

TBF Carr did find some gems and there were plenty we missed out on through greed, like the two Arsenal forwards.

Alex Ferguson made some shite signings, it’s very hit and miss, language, environment etc, but Carr did alright.

I am not going to criticise signings before they have set foot on the field.
We have signed a decent left back which did not happen in Benitez term and an exciting winger looks as though he has undergone a medical and will sign.
More incomings hopefully and a fewoutgoings first.
Progress from where we were a week or so back.
May or may not work but who knows

I am not going to criticise signings before they have set foot on the field.
We have signed a decent left back which did not happen in Benitez term and an exciting winger looks as though he has undergone a medical and will sign.
More incomings hopefully and a fewoutgoings first.
Progress from where we were a week or so back.
May or may not work but who knows

I know, it won’t work and we’ll be relegated. It’s simply transparent Ashley, tit for tat against Benitez, the sad ****.

I'll admit, I was one of those Rafa 'lovers' that PieMag refers to but dont you just know that Agent Broocie is going to finish higher in the table than Rafa did and pretty much eradicate Rafa's work or the respect that the likes of me felt for him for how he did.

Like Parsnip previously, logic will be out the window when it comes to season end stats.

I'll admit, I was one of those Rafa 'lovers' that PieMag refers to but dont you just know that Agent Broocie is going to finish higher in the table than Rafa did and pretty much eradicate Rafa's work or the respect that the likes of me felt for him for how he did.

Like Parsnip previously, logic will be out the window when it comes to season end stats.
I'm very curious to see if bruce can make use of the ordinary players we have as well as agent Benitez:grinning: was able to using his particular brand of football.

Was reading a report somewhere that reckoned he was working extra hard on their fitness so it looks like he will be employing pressing tactics.

Personally I doubt it but maybe the players Ashley is splashing the cash on will make a big enough difference.

We will find out soon enough

You've got to give them a chance because it's not the players fault the owner is a ****. Just like we can't blame Longstaff if he moves to Man Utd this week.

You've got to give them a chance because it's not the players fault the owner is a ****. Just like we can't blame Longstaff if he moves to Man Utd this week.

It's giving managers a chance (or chasing them out of town) that sees Ashley here taking the piss 12 years later Vin

NOTHING should be given a chance under this regime

Its interesting that the fat bastard will sanction spending now but wouldn't allow it under Benitez. I wonder why? Could it be that Benitex wouldn't approve the kind of "investement players" they are buying now. Or another reason. Maybe with Benitez at the helm they thought he could keep them up anyway? Any thoughts.

Its interesting that the fat bastard will sanction spending now but wouldn't allow it under Benitez. I wonder why? Could it be that Benitex wouldn't approve the kind of "investement players" they are buying now. Or another reason. Maybe with Benitez at the helm they thought he could keep them up anyway? Any thoughts.

It's a mixture. He would love to prove Benitez wrong and get just a good PL finish without him, so will sanction spending for Bruce, like McLaren, that Benitez would never get.

And Bruce has no say in transfers so Ashley is reverting to the shop window approach to try and sell at a profit. The French have now cottoned on with the transfers and I severely doubt he'll get more than 40m for Joelinton or 20 for Maximum or whatever he's called.

Mac, I stupidly thought that Rafa offered hope of a change in direction but you can hound out as many managers or players you want, but until somebody pays Ashley what he wants and agrees to him keeping a stanglehold over various streams of NUFC income, he's going nowhere. I'll be at the protest next week like against Hull, Liverpool and Spurs but I doubt it will make a ha'peth of difference.

You know what CTM - I reckon this is one of the first times Ashley was partly telling the truth

I reckon Benitez had had it with the transfer window struggles and would only have stayed for more money - I also reckon he would have known about this 'spending spree' as it was absolutely necessary but the Chinese money was too much for him to turn down

Ultimately I reckon he chose cash over his ties to a city and a fanbase