Summer transfers | Vital Football

Summer transfers

Rexn

Vital Champions League
OK, so the deadline is 9th August at 17.00, we have 11 days left.

It might be a time to start the summary of activity.

Out
Rondon - loan finished
Kenedy - loan finished
Barreca - loan finished
Diame - contract expired
Yarney - contract expired
Roberts - contract expired
Ayoze - £30 million
Joselu - £1.8 million

In
Joelinton - £34-40 million
Turner - free
Scott -free

Like new signings
Lazaar
Aarons
Gayle
Saivet
Murphy
Colback

It should be mentioned that Sean Longstaff is now a senior player, I believe Scott and Turner are both officially Under 21s. I make it 27 senior players where we can only name 25, so at least 2 have to be sold or loaned, maybe picking up some of the wage tab for any who go out on loan.

If reports are to be believed, the summer kitty is a new £50 million plus unspent £11 million from the January window, plus revenue from sales, leaving us currently £83-89 million to spend.

What's the betting that at least £50 million will be left over on 9th August? On the other hand, a minor sale or two covers the cost of House of Fraser.

Last edited:
Does Joselu not come into the figures Rexn? Just that it was another £2m into the slush fund.
As an aside, an article into today's Times makes depressing reading for Ashley and you can't help but wonder his next step in screwing the football club's finances even further.

I make it 28 or 29 players that we have, so are top heavy. The only sticking point I have is that I reckon the club has cocked up by signing that Kyle Scott.

Unless im mistaken, the ruling in regards to U21 players is that it works by calender year and a player can still qualify as an 'underage' player into a new season regardless whether they turned 21 on January 1st or the 31st December.

This Scott lad became 21 last December so doesn't qualify.

Does Joselu not come into the figures Rexn? Just that it was another £2m into the slush fund.
As an aside, an article into today's Times makes depressing reading for Ashley and you can't help but wonder his next step in screwing the football club's finances even further.
Good point, so significant I forgot. I'll amend appropriately.

I make it 28 or 29 players that we have, so are top heavy. The only sticking point I have is that I reckon the club has cocked up by signing that Kyle Scott.

Unless im mistaken, the ruling in regards to U21 players is that it works by calender year and a player can still qualify as an 'underage' player into a new season regardless whether they turned 21 on January 1st or the 31st December.

This Scott lad became 21 last December so doesn't qualify.
Thanks for that clarification.

The bellend should sell everyone on the books and the club. Pay his Belgian tax bill then...

This is sad. I hope for that headline constantly. Okay. Stopping.

Well that's July out of the way now. Two freebies and Joelinton to show for it. Take in the transfers the other way and nowt has been spent. Oh dear.

Looks like the French conveyor belt has been oiled with a near name sake for Sissoko potentially joining in the form of Moussa Sissako as well as that Allan Saint-Maximin

More 'stepping stone' signings (if they happen). Waiting until the last moment to save on paying June or July wages by making a bid on the first of the month. If and it's a big if they sign, who is making way?

At a guess i reckon it'll be Gayle, Woodman (gone out on loan), Saivet to go back out on loan as well as Sterry. I also reckon Blob Elliot wont make the 25 man squad so that means when ASM joins, it'll then have to be one out to make one in.

Injunction or not, I still get the feeling that the club would take Andy Carroll back on a pay as you play deal to appease the masses.

Injunction or not, I still get the feeling that the club would take Andy Carroll back on a pay as you play deal to appease the masses.

If by injunction you mean gangsters then you are correct. However, due to said ‘injunction’ if you think SDU has a choice on this matter (of signing Carroll) then you’re mistaken.

There’s far bigger players than Mike Ashley in the game here. If Carroll signs, you won’t see much of him.

Allan Saint-Maximin and Jetro Willems is heavily linked. Seems the latter also already has personal terms agreed

If by injunction you mean gangsters then you are correct. However, due to said ‘injunction’ if you think SDU has a choice on this matter (of signing Carroll) then you’re mistaken.

There’s far bigger players than Mike Ashley in the game here. If Carroll signs, you won’t see much of him.

Neither did Liverpool and West Ham.