Summer transfers | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer transfers

If by injunction you mean gangsters then you are correct. However, due to said ‘injunction’ if you think SDU has a choice on this matter (of signing Carroll) then you’re mistaken.

There’s far bigger players than Mike Ashley in the game here. If Carroll signs, you won’t see much of him.

All things being equal, It will be more than likely be his missus will not fancy a move up north . As for Carroll being mindful of avoiding people (injunction) .... He may "know" people himself which could cancel out any said "injunction"

Do you really believe a control freak like Benitez would stop for a few million more to let somebody dictate who he could buy and sell?

A bloke who's meticulous, has a black book with 1000's of players in, clashed with owners over control throughout his career and then would hand control of his playing staff to Mike Ashley.

Aye - he was happy to sign up for 3 years at 6mil a season

what makes you think he wouldn't sign up again for more??

McC, you may well be right but I think RB was sincere in his intentions to forge a project at NUFC. When he realised all was lost he moved on. If nothing else I believe he brought a bit of class and dignity to a club devoid of either. Yes he was ‘political’, whatever that means, I probably prefer manipulative, however I think his intentions were always good.
He knew he would never get the backing of irresponsible owner so he moved on. Can’t fault him

So you don't think he had any intentions of negotiating a new contract Birdys?

That certainly wasn't the impression he gave the fans

So you don't think he had any intentions of negotiating a new contract Birdys?

That certainly wasn't the impression he gave the fans

I think he probably did try to negotiate a new contract but was stonewalled by the Fat Barstool.

Because it was written into that contract that Benitez had the final say who was bought or sold
No such conditions were included in his new contract.

Contradicting reports, but French media (Courrier Picard) stating Emil Krafth is on his way to Newcastle.

McC, you may well be right but I think RB was sincere in his intentions to forge a project at NUFC. When he realised all was lost he moved on. If nothing else I believe he brought a bit of class and dignity to a club devoid of either. Yes he was ‘political’, whatever that means, I probably prefer manipulative, however I think his intentions were always good.
He knew he would never get the backing of irresponsible owner so he moved on. Can’t fault him
And I believe Jesus Christ is real,
I can't give any credible reasons why but I believe it nonetheless.

First of all Benitez was offered every penny the club generated then Ashley took 33m out of the club so why we would he believe he was going to get the 61m plus the 30m off Perez. I can't believe you are saying Ashley was telling the truth after all that has gone before. Remember before Almiron, Rafa's net spend over three years was zero.

Secondly, even he got the 91m it's pretty pointless if you can't spend it on the players you want.

Mccreery was on here supporting Ashley not very long ago. Some people have short memories, including mccreery himself.

Benitez has been his best agent by a country mile CT.
Not only could he keep us up on a shoestring and allow Ashley to pocket Sky's freebie to us,he also had the fan base united and on his side,even now they are still defending the indefensible whilst comically slagging off bruce for every little thing he says.
Thing is that stream provided by Etienne will be smoking,you can be sure Ashley has piqued the interest of the very fans who are now pretending they are not interested in the new players.
He's laughing his cock off.

Not everyone who dislikes or slags off Bruce is a match going Benitez supporter. It is possible people can dislike Bruce because he's a useless, spineless, selfish ****. As most people know I wasn't Benitez biggest fan but I did respect him for being good at what he did and you can't label him any of those things. 'Geordie' or not I know a slimeball when I see one and Bruce is in the same bucket as pardew. For the record I won't be giving any of Ashleys managers a chance but especially one who comes straight into an interview with fans and filling them full of lies.

Not everyone who dislikes or slags off Bruce is a match going Benitez supporter. It is possible people can dislike Bruce because he's a useless, spineless, selfish ****. As most people know I wasn't Benitez biggest fan but I did respect him for being good at what he did and you can't label him any of those things. 'Geordie' or not I know a slimeball when I see one and Bruce is in the same bucket as pardew. For the record I won't be giving any of Ashleys managers a chance but especially one who comes straight into an interview with fans and filling them full of lies.
I get what you are saying about Benitez rza but I don't understand how you come to your conclusion.

His and the club captain's signing and subsequent endorsement of that greasy slimy statement put out by Ashley was without doubt useless spineless and selfish no matter what angle you look at it.

On that basis alone he's no different to any of Ashley's employees.

The arguments for him in comparison to the rest are purely emotional and not based on any facts as far as I can see.

I'm going to edit this post just to add that the assertion Benitez is good at what he does was shared by Rexn TNMW and myself only.

Everyone else including yourself believed we were getting relegated.....check the archives.

Last edited:
Mccreery was on here supporting Ashley not very long ago. Some people have short memories, including mccreery himself.
Aye I remember that.
His admission that he got it wrong says everything I need to no about hi character.

The arguments for him in comparison to the rest are purely emotional and not based on any facts as far as I can see.

You're probably right but just because they are Ashleys employees doesn't necessarily mean one isn't better than the other. Of course it's easy to lump them all in the same bucket and call them all puppets, but are they? Bruce came out in his first press conference telling lies straight away, hardly endearing himself. You know my stance on Benitez and his football but comparing him to Steve Bruce is a complete waste of time, for both of us and probably for different reasons, but a waste of time nonetheless.

I think someone also mentioned about shearer and Keegan. Do you feel the same way about them because they worked for Ashley?

You're probably right but just because they are Ashleys employees doesn't necessarily mean one isn't better than the other. Of course it's easy to lump them all in the same bucket and call them all puppets, but are they? Bruce came out in his first press conference telling lies straight away, hardly endearing himself. You know my stance on Benitez and his football but comparing him to Steve Bruce is a complete waste of time, for both of us and probably for different reasons, but a waste of time nonetheless.

I think someone also mentioned about shearer and Keegan. Do you feel the same way about them because they worked for Ashley?

It was vin but howay man rza,Benitez should have had the massive advantage of hindsight.
Some of us took a little bit longer to get there but rafa came AFTER pardew :grinning: