Summer transfers | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer transfers

You know what CTM - I reckon this is one of the first times Ashley was partly telling the truth

I reckon Benitez had had it with the transfer window struggles and would only have stayed for more money - I also reckon he would have known about this 'spending spree' as it was absolutely necessary but the Chinese money was too much for him to turn down

Ultimately I reckon he chose cash over his ties to a city and a fanbase

First of all Benitez was offered every penny the club generated then Ashley took 33m out of the club so why we would he believe he was going to get the 61m plus the 30m off Perez. I can't believe you are saying Ashley was telling the truth after all that has gone before. Remember before Almiron, Rafa's net spend over three years was zero.

Secondly, even he got the 91m it's pretty pointless if you can't spend it on the players you want.

Reactions: Rza
Another point, if staying in the PL is worth 50m per season he's saved Ashley 100m over two seasons. He only wanted an extra 3m so assuming he kept us up this season, he will saved Ashley 150m over 3 years, for an extra 3m - or 1.5%.

Its interesting that the fat bastard will sanction spending now but wouldn't allow it under Benitez. I wonder why? Could it be that Benitex wouldn't approve the kind of "investement players" they are buying now. Or another reason. Maybe with Benitez at the helm they thought he could keep them up anyway? Any thoughts.
Benitez has been his best agent by a country mile CT.
Not only could he keep us up on a shoestring and allow Ashley to pocket Sky's freebie to us,he also had the fan base united and on his side,even now they are still defending the indefensible whilst comically slagging off bruce for every little thing he says.
Thing is that stream provided by Etienne will be smoking,you can be sure Ashley has piqued the interest of the very fans who are now pretending they are not interested in the new players.
He's laughing his cock off.

He's immoral for managing a team on behalf of Mike Ashley,and even worse,for money.
It's really sad you don't see that.

That's not what you were referring to and you know it.

You were saying that anybody who asks for a payrise is immoral. Talking literally Keegan managed a team on behalf of Mike Ashley as did Alan Shearer. Two United legends who according to your benchmark are also immoral.

You were saying that anybody who asks for a payrise is immoral. Talking literally Keegan managed a team on behalf of Mike Ashley as did Alan Shearer. Two United legends who according to your benchmark are also immoral.
You just sound desperate now man,you really don't deserve Keegan.

Class :grinning:

No - that was you.
YOUR WORDS
You were saying that anybody who asks for a payrise is immoral. Talking literally Keegan managed a team on behalf of Mike Ashley

Keegan walked out the second he found out Ashley was a crook,then he took the lying twat to court,then he very clearly told the fans that we would never prosper under the fat lying twat.

Like I said you don't deserve him.

You said anybody managing for Mike Ashley and for money is immoral. I was just pointing out that included Keegan and Shearer.

I've never slagged Keegan off anywhere, just stating the stupidity of your statement.

Aye you too vin
Nothing personal,you come across as a sound lad and a bloke many would have enjoyed sharing a pint with on a match day.

You are wrong about the Spanish snake though :grinning:

So what - if you did a good job for your employer would you not expect a payrise?

I believe he would have stayed and put up with all of the same shite if he had been paid a lot more to do so

If I'm correct that would make him worse than any of Ashley's puppets

Do you really believe a control freak like Benitez would stop for a few million more to let somebody dictate who he could buy and sell?

A bloke who's meticulous, has a black book with 1000's of players in, clashed with owners over control throughout his career and then would hand control of his playing staff to Mike Ashley.

Last edited: