Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 97 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

For me in football you always need the target man option in your squad. It gives you another dimension and options tactically - defending a lead when under heavy pressure, working around a high press, hold up play to get up the pitch, 2 up front, when you are late in the game and losing but nothing else has worked having ability to go direct, creating space for others etc.

Also you don't have to become a Pulis type long ball side to have an effective target man. At the end of our admin hit season Moore was immense but we were playing good football and in previous years DiSanto and Kone both played an effective target men in teams that weren't long ball.

If we don't get a target man in I think we'll regret it and be signing one in January.
Nothing at all wrong with long ball. Just as long as the tactics are not just a long ball game. A passing game that gets you nothing is equally as frustrating as a long ball game. We have seemed to be obsessed for quite a number of years with the passing out from defence and passing between the five midfielders and starving out the lone striker game and it is time to change. Priority must be a speedy winger that goes around a defence and puts decent crosses in.

From the same bloke that said we were signing the lad from Ipswich. I forget his name. Tristram something. I'd take with large pinch of salt.

Ipswich Town are close to agreeing a deal to sign Wigan Athletic forward Callum Lang #wafc #itfc https://t.co/7Um1M2GjgR

If this is true I would want 5million plus add ons

Not sure how long left on his contract, but we'd never get £5m + add ons. Can't see it being true anyway. Same website had us as being close to signing a lad from them 10 days ago, not mentioned anywhere else and hasn't happened. Just looked on their forum, no mention of anything re Callum, though there is a Latics transfer of sorts mentioned. They've signed (or are about to) Kyle Edwards from WBA so their move for Crackers is off

I think Lang is just into the final year of his contract. Would be a disaster to lose him at this point....especially to Paul Cook. Hope its a false rumour.