Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 98 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Nixon

Bailey Wright "This one isnt exactly moving forward"

Even if we want to do the deal, Sunderland are happy to let him go and the player wants to come there is no way Sunderland can afford to let him go until they have other players in. I think they literally only have 3 fit defenders.

So it's no surprise it's not moving. He's clearly on the out there but it would be suicidal to let him go to us or back to Australia at the moment.

Watt has just been confirmed.

I just saw the comments on the Newcastle Twitter post announcing he's been sent out on loan and they seem to rate him very highly, and some even wanted him to play for them in the Prem.

I don't know anything about him prior to reading the link SwindonLatic posted above - but from that and the Newcastle fans response he seems quite promising.

In sharp contrast Plymouth fans opinions, they didn't seem to rate him and wouldn't want him back.

So that is a bit unusual that the Prem club fans think so much of him but the L1 fans think he's rubbish!

When asked what Latics fans can expect from the defender, Watts added: “I’m a centre-back who is comfortable in possession and can play out from the back.

“Defensively I’m strong, physical and like to win the aerial duals, tackles and do the basics very well.

“Coming to Wigan, it’s important to be comfortable on the ball, trust other players to keep the ball and ultimately the aim is to keep clean sheets.”

Sick of hearing about playing out from the pissing back.
Want to hear pressing up from midfield, taking defenders on and attacking the goal.
Let the midfielders and striker play the football and the defenders get the tackles in and a quick pass to the midfielders.
Defender means defend.
Had a glimmer of hope about getting the old Latics back when we signed two goalscorers.
Can see a season of boring Cook shite panning out.

I couldn't give a f88k if my centre half can play football. If he was that good he wouldn't be a defender he would be an attacking midfielder.
As long as he gets his head on the ball and his tackles in thats all I want with the occasional goal or two in the other box.
Leave the football to the footballers.

Bobby Moore, Alan Hansen, Jaap Stam, Marcel Desailly, Virgil van Dijk, Rio Ferdinand, Vincent Kompany Arjan de Zeeuw and Antolin Alcaraz all say they disagree.
And a certain Herr Beckenbauer would have a word as well!!

Bobby Moore, Alan Hansen, Jaap Stam, Marcel Desailly, Virgil van Dijk, Rio Ferdinand, Vincent Kompany Arjan de Zeeuw and Antolin Alcaraz all say they disagree.
Most are known as decent defenders not attacking midfielders.
They won the ball and mostly got shut within a touch or two, or gave the fans heartfailure if they tried too much more.
To be fair Desailly, Kompany and van Dijk probably could be or could have been midfielders but the rest were just defenders who got cocky too often.
I do however think you need your medication Ant for adding Ferdinand, Stam amd Alcaraz in the same breath as the others whist missing out so many good defenders, but I get your point.

They won the ball and mostly got shut within a touch or two, or gave the fans heartfailure if they tried too much more.
To be fair Desailly, Kompany and van Dijk probably could be or could have been midfielders but the rest were just defenders who got cocky too often.
I do however think you need your medication Ant for adding Ferdinand, Stam amd Alcaraz in the same breath as the others whist missing out so many good defenders, but I get your point.

They're all defenders who can play football, who can pass a ball, who can bring a ball out from the back.

No-one's said they're midfielders.

If you get my point, then my post was worthwhile, and my job's done. Let's hope this young lad brings the ball out from the back and plays football along with the rest of the team.
;)

But their priority is to defend. Billy Sutherland and Kenny Morris and a certain Leighton Baines were full backs that had a run. Playing out of the back is a little different. It's passing and passing and passing and passing and passing until possession is lost and the crowd are asleep. I want this type of football ended and an high pressing positive style the likes of what we haven't seen on a regular basis since Bruce bringing back.

They're all defenders who can play football, who can pass a ball, who can bring a ball out from the back.

No-one's said they're midfielders.

If you get my point, then my post was worthwhile, and my job's done. Let's hope this young lad brings the ball out from the back and plays football along with the rest of the team.
;)
I don't want a centre half to do that, that is not their job, it is the midfiders job.
Win the tackle, pass the ball to a midfield player and get back in position to defend just in case your pass goes a drift or your midfielder loses possesion.

I don't want a centre half to do that, that is not their job, it is the midfiders job.
Win the tackle, pass the ball to a midfield player and get back in position to defend just in case your pass goes a drift or your midfielder loses possesion.

Do you still watch football in your flat cap, smoking a woodbine, after having a couple of halves of mild before the match?

It’s league one football. At this level most are not good enough to play football out from the back. Might do it twice then third time will lose it. when was the last time we had a centre back that could. bang one or two goals in from a corner Centre back should be good in both boxes If you try a play out from the back at this level it’s suicidal football.
But we did that with Tilt. We did it with Balogun. We did it with Kipre. We did it with Burn.

As for goals, Dunkley and Burn.,