Summer transfer thread | Page 53 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

we need to replace the last striker we sold!

Assuming the 2 portuguese lads and Soudani sign, and with the addition of Watson, I would suggest these would have a much more beneficial affect than the Assombalonga sale had a negative impact. We are only in June and may yet see one or two marquee signings to add to those already touted. Will that be enough to take us into the promotion places ? Time will only tell, but I’m feeling really positive about next season already.

There is no disputing his goal scoring ability but long gone are the days when clubs could afford the luxury of players contributing nothing but goals; and Brit contributes nothing else.

The kind of selfishness that was synonymous with all good goal scorers in the past just does not cut it anymore.

Nearly all of the successful sides play with one central striker; all of them defend from the front, which puts a big work load on that striker.

Can you see Brit doing any of the Donkey work?

I am surprised that Pullis has stuck with him for so long; I suppose he has no option because Boro will not get anything like their money back at the moment.

Totally agree - I just hope Monk fancies taking Vellios to Brum for £10m

Assuming the 2 portuguese lads and Soudani sign, and with the addition of Watson, I would suggest these would have a much more beneficial affect than the Assombalonga sale had a negative impact. We are only in June and may yet see one or two marquee signings to add to those already touted. Will that be enough to take us into the promotion places ? Time will only tell, but I’m feeling really positive about next season already.

Think we'll see quite a few move outwards shortly (circa 15 or so) - as they get back from their holidays & the agents go to work, so that they are with the 'new club' for a full pre-season.

Cummings, Lichaj, Vellios, Bouch, Kapino, Ward, Traore, Henderson, Murphy, Grant, Mancienne... then, some loaned out, McKay, Clough, Yates, Walker, Iacovitti, Arriyibi, Evtimov.

Pantillimon is the next key signing.

Left Back/Right Back/Striker (x2) - based upon those departing.

Colback? Tomlin? - wonder if those deals are now dead?

That's correct PL. This prompted me to see if he actually left Luton following the speculation but he hasn't

Alan Hutton is the latest name being put forward.

Looks like he is part of the Villa clear out; we have offered him a two year deal according to fat Percy.

If true this surely casts doubt on Clark from Hull.

Hutton is the wrong side of 30. He still commands big wages and will be drain on out budget. Huge no from me. Cannot see Hutton bombing down the wing as a wingback, can you?
Absolute joke signing if true.

Hutton played more games this season at left back than right back - food for thought re flexibility & which flank Karanka sees him playing on.