Summer transfer thread | Page 54 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

McKay has something, but if he has been bombed out by Karanka then it says everything we need to know about his attitude and how far it has improved

Disappointed to see BM leave as he's probably the most skilful player in our squad. I hoped a full preseason and working with AK might yield a change in attitude and product but that disappointment is only mild.

Hutton if true, *sigh*

I can't believe some would turn their nose up at Hutton , a very good player at this level .
Good enough for Villa to want to retain but not good enough for us ?:eek!:
When there was a question mark against him not being offered s new contract Bruce gave him a ringing endorsement and a lot of Villa fans made their feelings known.

Yes his age is an issue but we have just picked up two young Portuguese players and we are looking at Clark at left back. All 3 are youngsters and having a bit of experience at the back is not a bad thing.

Can’t believe anyone would moan about signings full stop, their AKs signings so support him!!

I'm not opposed to this one but I do think that is a ridiculous statement about any manager!

Why on earth should we suspend judgement and common sense to show blind loyalty?

Your post amounts to an order to disengage our brains and toe an imaginary party line. Why would you even be on a forum if that's how you think fans should conduct themselves?

I can't believe some would turn their nose up at Hutton , a very good player at this level .
Good enough for Villa to want to retain but not good enough for us ?:eek!:

Does depend on money tho- not keen on sky high wages but is surely worth an average contract. Was very good for us last time. He is not the future but for a promotion chasing season, I will be satisfied enough.

Alan would have been great 3 seasons ago. You need to have more in your legs at FB than CB.

Not at all excited if true

So you saw him mark Adama Traore out of the game over both legs in the plays off then did you?

The same Adama Traore that tore us a new arsehole.

Popey the point I was making was AK knows a bit more about the players we are signing than any fan!! So if he thinks Hutton is good enough who are we to moan!!

So you saw him mark Adama Traore out of the game over both legs in the plays off then did you?

The same Adama Traore that tore us a new arsehole.
I saw Traore look like the only Boro player on the field that I would have signed actually and commented on here about it. I asked who signed him and Mao answered - Karanka. So yes I saw the game but in my opinion he didnt have him in his pocket at all. He played well, but the issue was service to Traore

I saw Traore look like the only Boro player on the field that I would have signed actually and commented on here about it. I asked who signed him and Mao answered - Karanka. So yes I saw the game but in my opinion he didnt have him in his pocket at all. He played well, but the issue was service to Traore

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/he-miles-clever-aston-villa-14663742

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-beast-who-too-14664144

''Alan Hutton's back must be pretty sore this morning, for the full-back will have been getting pats from all angles in the Aston Villa dressing room on Tuesday night.
The praise was pouring in for the experienced Scot defender after he kept Adama Traore under wraps at Villa Park, just as he had done at the Riverside three days earlier.
For John Terry, Hutton was the man of the tie. For Paul Merson, the full-back was "miles too clever" for Traore. For Steve Bruce, Hutton was "absolutely outstanding".
“They’re a very good side," Terry told Sky on Tuesday night.
"Obviously Traore is a very big threat for them. I thought Hutts was superb against him over the two legs. He’s probably been the best player over two legs.
“He cancelled him out in the first game and put in another good performance here."

Merson told Sky Sports: “Last two games… two years ago he had no future at Villa. He’d been on loan and come back, wasn’t going to get a game, but he was absolutely outstanding.
“He’s nowhere near as quick as Traore, but you wouldn’t have known that today. He was miles too clever for Traore.”
Villa boss Steve Bruce has said that he wants to offer Hutton a new contract regardless of what division the club are in next season.
The 33-year-old's current deal expires at the end of this season.
When asked if there was a possibility of a new deal if promotion was not achieved, Bruce replied: “Yes.
“If I get my way there will certainly be a contract offered to him.”

You have a totally different view to every report I see of the play off games & what I watched. Traore good player but he got bullied by Hutton.

Alan would have been great 3 seasons ago. You need to have more in your legs at FB than CB.

Not at all excited if true

Never agree with this thinking. It's all in the mind. If you believe when people tell you you're getting on, you might as well just quit.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/he-miles-clever-aston-villa-14663742

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-beast-who-too-14664144

''Alan Hutton's back must be pretty sore this morning, for the full-back will have been getting pats from all angles in the Aston Villa dressing room on Tuesday night.
The praise was pouring in for the experienced Scot defender after he kept Adama Traore under wraps at Villa Park, just as he had done at the Riverside three days earlier.
For John Terry, Hutton was the man of the tie. For Paul Merson, the full-back was "miles too clever" for Traore. For Steve Bruce, Hutton was "absolutely outstanding".
“They’re a very good side," Terry told Sky on Tuesday night.
"Obviously Traore is a very big threat for them. I thought Hutts was superb against him over the two legs. He’s probably been the best player over two legs.
“He cancelled him out in the first game and put in another good performance here."

Merson told Sky Sports: “Last two games… two years ago he had no future at Villa. He’d been on loan and come back, wasn’t going to get a game, but he was absolutely outstanding.
“He’s nowhere near as quick as Traore, but you wouldn’t have known that today. He was miles too clever for Traore.”
Villa boss Steve Bruce has said that he wants to offer Hutton a new contract regardless of what division the club are in next season.
The 33-year-old's current deal expires at the end of this season.
When asked if there was a possibility of a new deal if promotion was not achieved, Bruce replied: “Yes.
“If I get my way there will certainly be a contract offered to him.”

You have a totally different view to every report I see of the play off games & what I watched. Traore good player but he got bullied by Hutton.

Villa fans asked opinion shocker

Grealish admitted they put 2 players on him(click>>) Erm..go back a page

Must have been Alan and Hutton