Summer transfer thread | Page 62 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

big risk to take but hopefully it pays off. Would be nice if we could replicate Wolves.

The kit looks absolutely horrendous. Thankfully from the pics posted above it looks more red than orange! but that collar is still horrible.

Last edited:
Are both a very talented players. Carvalho is a playmaker with amazing pass an dribling, Gonçalves is a winger fast with good pass and a very stong kick and finish. With time both can be star players

Let them show the great potential they have.. Support them and you wont regreat @NFFC Diogo scores great goals coming from the line to the center and Carvalho is a football genius who needs to feel confidence from their staff and supporters

Carvalho i am actually gutted he is gone. Very good technique, can run with the ball, can pass, can shoot.. needs to bulk up a bit (which he will by playing on the Championship). He's a bit like Ruben Neves from Wolves

Don't know whether it's already been mentioned or whether anyone else has noticed this but...........................

Carvalho, moves to the City Ground on a five-year deal.

Oh dear, Plummmer will be devastated. Can someone pop round and go and check on him and make sure he is ok.

Hats off to our briiliant owners. WINNERS.

If you could read you'd see I've posted nothing but positives about these signings. I appreciate you're a crazy fantasist but do your best to follow chap, if it's a struggle just ask and I'll clarify.

5 year deal is good. Means we get all of his key development years and can give him plenty of time.

And if he increases in value we'll be making a mint, although there must surely be a sell on clause.

If you could read you'd see I've posted nothing but positives about these signings. I appreciate you're a crazy fantasist but do your best to follow chap, if it's a struggle just ask and I'll clarify.
He's talking about you and the owner- the guy you keep making fat comments about and accusing of being a mass drug dealer

What has that got to do with the central point being made?

Looking at it, he wasn't actually Portuguese either- he was from Cape Verde.

But the point was that he was rated at a great deal of money.

As was Oliviera.

The point is that being valued at £13m doesn't guarentee you are worth that.

Well you initially made the point that £13m doesn't get you very much from Portugal and then backed up your point with an example of a player we signed from France.

It was an odd example to use, although I get your point about Oliveira.

I for one am excited about them. That may change once I see them kick a ball but for now I will trust those with the money. If this works out then in a few years time it will look a bargain. If not, well - it's one of those things. All I know is that there is a lot of pressure on the lad and they will need a bit of time to get use to the championship.

One of things said about Karanka is his ability to develop younger players. If anyone can get the best out of them, he can. They haven’t played many games for Benfica, but then again Rashford hasn’t been an ever present for Man U. Yes I get this is a risk, but if these were regulars in the Benfica side, they probably wouldn’t either consider us. Even if they did, you would be talking £20-30 million.

It’s an expensive punt, but if it comes off, I don’t think any of us will be complaining.

Well you initially made the point that £13m doesn't get you very much from Portugal and then backed up your point with an example of a player we signed from France.

It was an odd example to use, although I get your point about Oliveira.

Two players who are Portuguese (well, Cape Verde is a former Portuguese territory). The nationality and source club wasn't the key point, which has been ignored in favour of picking me up on a minor factual error.

Burke went for £13m. If we signed him back, would he transform us from relegation battlers to top six?

Any idiot can blow a load of money. These two have a fraction of the pedigree that Neves had.

But we've taken the gamble and now have to hope our numbers come up. Like someone on Twitter has said, I would rather spend £13m on the gamble of these two than on Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield.

Post reports that we want 6-7 more. Thats a guess by them but I will feel more comfortable with this when I see who else they they playing with and where the goals are coming from

I definitely think we've massively overpaid.

Carvalho has had 7 games for Benfica's first team, 15 U21 caps and 15 games in the Portuguese top flight last season. Also 80 games in the second tier of the Portuguese league. No idea what the standard is, but guessing perhaps similar to League Two?

How much can that really be worth? Surely no more than 4 million tops?

Add in maybe 1-1.5 million for a season long loan fee for Goncalves who appears to be the stand out player of the two, albeit with a similar record and we've paid more than double what we should have.

Oh, and IMO, the Forest kit looks like this:

https://www.wattsandco.com/choir-we..._es139/455-chest-28/563-collar_right_round-no