Summer transfer thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Forget the posh boys...heard we are trying to get Rhodes...maybe on the cheap....never rated him myself..but then what the fcuk do I know

I don't mind the new kit actually. I quite like the white band at the bottom for some reason.
It looks better on the official site.

I can't believe people like it (all about opinions, I know) but jeeez it looks so Non league. Horribly light red, horrible looking material, collar is hideious! And the sponsor doesn't help! Surely someone from the club is given a choice and makes a decision - unbelievable! I'd go as far as to say the worst forest kit I've ever seen!

The shirt is grim - hate the collar but most importantly the red isn't right, give it 3 years and we will be playing in fooking orange.

Well, it's hard to believe we have just obliterated our transfer record. Is that a good sign? Maybe.

But I have concerns.

You don't always get a lot from Portugal for £13m

Mendes and Oliviera were both rated at not very far from that. I seem to think Mendes was rated at around £12m?

Yeah, he was a good player but not someone who was season changing. He couldn't carry or transform the team and for that money that's pretty much what we need.

It's well and good assuming that this lad must be amazing because we have paid so much money for him. But that doesn't necessarily make it so and to be honest, we'll have struck lucky a bit if this works out. Luck has not really been our forte.

I really hope this works out, but a lot depends on who else comes in. It's a waste of time if a good striker doesn't follow.

Kit looks non league

Don't think you can judge the colour from a photo guys, I'll wait until I've seen one up close before commenting on that. Collar is not nice though, reminds me of Sunday School!

Must admit I really can’t wait to see the new signings play. If they even come close to the impact Neves and Jota has at Wolves then we are going to at least be fighting at the right end of the table.

I’m delighted about the new signings! Anybody who has concerns or worries, I get it, I do, but for the first time in so long things look so optimistic and positive! You aren’t the chairman, it’s not your money and the club won’t fold if they aren’t the new Ronaldo and Messi. It’s time to maybe, I don’t know, enjoy being a reds supporter???‍♂️
COYR!!

Well, it's hard to believe we have just obliterated our transfer record. Is that a good sign? Maybe.

But I have concerns.

You don't always get a lot from Portugal for £13m

Mendes and Oliviera were both rated at not very far from that. I seem to think Mendes was rated at around £12m?

Yeah, he was a good player but not someone who was season changing. He couldn't carry or transform the team and for that money that's pretty much what we need.

It's well and good assuming that this lad must be amazing because we have paid so much money for him. But that doesn't necessarily make it so and to be honest, we'll have struck lucky a bit if this works out. Luck has not really been our forte.

I really hope this works out, but a lot depends on who else comes in. It's a waste of time if a good striker doesn't follow.

Kit looks non league

Didn't we sign Mendes from France?

I think a good way of looking at it if youre concerned about money, is that the club is being run professionally and has been through FFP as recently as 2 years ago. There will be no element of blind financial hope with these signings unlike under the previous regime.

I think let's be positive as given the record breaking sponsorship agreements put in place, its fair to say, there is a really degree of savyness about the club right now!

Thats all you can think after just breaking our transfer record by nearly 3 times?

Sad fu*k

We've known the signings were happening for weeks.... this is the first time I've seen the kit, so yeah it is all I'm looking at - do one mong!

Hope they are the real deal, but they do look young. Not sure goncalves has finished his homework on that picture.

Didn't we sign Mendes from France?

yea wtf is he on about? Mendes was from France and went back to France.

What has that got to do with the central point being made?

Looking at it, he wasn't actually Portuguese either- he was from Cape Verde.

But the point was that he was rated at a great deal of money.

As was Oliviera.

The point is that being valued at £13m doesn't guarentee you are worth that.