Summer transfer thread | Page 118 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

He is a top goal scorer but definitely not a top striker.

Strikers have huge work loads and responsibility these days; Brit is a bit of a relic, a throw back to the days of goal scorers playing off of a target man.

Very few teams, if any, play that formation in today's game; the teams that play with two up front tend to use one in the false 9 role, play making.

Completely agree Mao - he scored 13 in 38 last season for Boro, but mainly in a front 3.

We missed someone like Britt last season, i.e. who can put the ball in the net.... we played some nice football, but were toothless far too often.

I'm intrigued to see what happens this year, with the likes of Soudani, Brereton, Goncalves, Carvalho, Dias, Murphy< Lolley & Grabban.

We have much more goal threat....

But we still have to offload players!

PS - Interesting that Thomas Lam is being taken on the pre-season trip to Spain, injuries to Dawson & Figi - do leave us a little short staffed defensively.

Hopefully, Byram will be signed soon - followed by another midfielder....

I still think Tomlin is on the radar, as I'd expect Zach Clough (amongst others) to be sold or loaned out shortly....

I don't want to see Britt back here.
But to get down to business. When I started looking at forest forums and it's quite a few years ago now when it was 606 I came to the easy conclusion that Vital Forest gave me the best info and opinions and kept me informed. That view hasn't changed. But I don't like to see good posters leaving as they are doing. Forums are going to produce differences of opinion, that's their intention, I don't care who goes to a game and who doesn't, and I realize that info isn't always genuine but I do start to miss some other posters views. And some of these opinions are worth hearing. To me anyway.
I do wonder at times whether some of us are a bit too definite with our views and perhaps too fast off the mark and too critical.

Grant going on loan to Luton because AK and his team tend to think he will be worth more in 12 months time? The same could be said of Cummings. If he is loaned to someone like Sunderland and bangs in 20+ goals his worth goes up and could be compared to Marriott in worth. Should we cash in now on both Grant and Cummings (even McKay) or should we loan in the hope that their worth increases?

Grant going on loan to Luton because AK and his team tend to think he will be worth more in 12 months time? The same could be said of Cummings. If he is loaned to someone like Sunderland and bangs in 20+ goals his worth goes up and could be compared to Marriott in worth. Should we cash in now on both Grant and Cummings (even McKay) or should we loan in the hope that their worth increases?

Personally..., I'd sell all 3 - if we can get £2m+ or thereabouts and wages gone.

I don't want to see Britt back here.
But to get down to business. When I started looking at forest forums and it's quite a few years ago now when it was 606 I came to the easy conclusion that Vital Forest gave me the best info and opinions and kept me informed. That view hasn't changed. But I don't like to see good posters leaving as they are doing. Forums are going to produce differences of opinion, that's their intention, I don't care who goes to a game and who doesn't, and I realize that info isn't always genuine but I do start to miss some other posters views. And some of these opinions are worth hearing. To me anyway.
I do wonder at times whether some of us are a bit too definite with our views and perhaps too fast off the mark and too critical.

Some posters just like to antagonise - using the ignore function is repeatedly suggested.

The primary aspect that people forget is that forums should be made up of those with diverse opinions, otherwise it just becomes a monotonous love in.

I have always advocated that the views of others should be respected, rather than a poster vilified for posting gossip etc - which is what forums thrive on.

I'm a Forest fan - so are my kids, I go to games and have an opinion - this (or other forums) are meant to be a platform to air those views, ideally without it being too serious.

1st league game 4 weeks tomorrow.... bring it on!

Can understand Cummings value going up if he is successful on loan but is grant really going to improve on a 20 plus goals season?

Glad that deal is done. We should be more than sorted going forwards.
Now for full back(s) and central midfield.

who was the lad from Luton that we are after?

Shit wrong forum

Toodle pip chap whack fishcake erm go back a page and dont patronise me

Wasn't it Justin James - the full back!?

Good move for Grant - testing himself in L1.

Yates, Arriyibi, Evtimov, Iacovitti & Ahmedovic - should all be looking at loans too!

No it was James Justin I think. Still there but rumours he could be on his way this close season.